4 Assisted Living Facilities in Livingston Parish, LA
The average cost of assisted living in Livingston Parish is $3,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,395. Cheaper nearby regions include Tangipahoa Parish with an average starting cost of $1,955.
To help you with your search, browse the 21 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Livingston Parish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Livingston Parish 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tangipahoa Parish with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Livingston Parish, call (855) 863-8283.
Browse Assisted Living by city: Assisted Living in Denham Springs
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Livingston Parish
Livingston Parish offers a relaxed southeast Louisiana lifestyle with easy access to the big-city amenities of Baton Rouge and New Orleans, making it ideal for seniors who enjoy both cultural activities and watching local wildlife. About 12.8 percent of the population in Livingston Parish is age 65 or older, and the parish has about 138,000 residents. Four assisted living facilities in the parish cater to this sizable population of seniors.
In Livingston Parish, as throughout Louisiana, assisted living communities are regulated by the Louisiana Department of Health. Called Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs), these facilities are divided into four levels based on the type of care, number of residents and type of accommodations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Livingston Parish
- Livingston Parish is home to world-class medical facilities, including Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors with respiratory illnesses or conditions may have concerns about the air quality in Livingston Parish. The American Lung Association gave the county an F grade for ozone levels.
- Livingston Parish has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Livingston Parish Council on Aging, an organization that provides information, legal aid and transportation services for seniors as well as four senior centers in various towns and cities throughout the parish.
- Seniors living in an assisted living community in Livingston Parish are eligible for Louisiana state tax breaks, including no state taxes on social security income or public pensions and an exemption on $6,000 per year for some private pension and private retirement income.
- Livingston Parish has mild winters and hot, humid summers, and earns a 68 on a 100-point Sperling comfort index, compared to a U.S. average of 54. This makes Livingston Parish ideal for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities throughout the year, although families should ensure that any ARCP they consider has protections in place to prevent exposure to excess heat during the summer months.
- While the cost of living in Livingston Parish is only about 3 percent higher than the U.S. average, transportation and health care can be significantly higher than average. Seniors and their families may need to budget more for these specific expenses when living in Livingston Parish.
Paying for Assisted Living in Livingston Parish
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in Livingston Parish start around $3,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Livingston Parish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Livingston Parish
Seniors in Livingston Parish who are eligible for Medicaid may also qualify for the Louisiana Medicaid Long-Term Care Services program to help pay for the cost of an assisted living community.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Livingston Parish
Livingston Parish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Livingston Parish, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Livingston Parish
Livingston Parish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Livingston Parish, LA
Assisted Living near Livingston Parish, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Livingston Parish
Review of Maison de Fleur Assisted Living
Staff and administrators rude, no medical knowledge, patients that need care are not checked on. Nice building but incompetent owners and staff. Read more
Review of La Plantation Retirement Community
I visited LA Plantation Retirement Community, which is an assisted living facility. It was excellent, but when we saw it he was going to live in an assisted living facility and that was perfect. I ... Read more
Review of Maison de Fleur Assisted Living
Both of my parents have been living in Maison de Fleur's Assisted Living facility in Denham Springs, LA since July 14th, 2018 since my dad's stroke. It took them about 2 months to get acclimated an... Read more