21 Assisted Living Facilities in East Baton Rouge Parish, LA
The average cost of assisted living in East Baton Rouge Parish is $3,682 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Ascension Parish with an average starting cost of $2,975.
To help you with your search, browse the 90 reviews below for assisted living facilities in East Baton Rouge Parish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in East Baton Rouge Parish 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Livingston Parish with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 11 families in East Baton Rouge Parish find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in East Baton Rouge Parish, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in East Baton Rouge Parish
East Baton Rouge Parish contains the state capital of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, as well as the cities of Zachary, Central and Baker, making it a regional hub for culture and activities that appeal to active seniors. The parish is home to over 446,000 residents, and 13.7 percent of those are age 65 and older.
This sizable senior population is served by 19 assisted living communities, which are known as Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs) in the state of Louisiana. The Louisiana Department of Health regulates ARCPs and categorizes them into four types based on the style of accommodations, number of residents served and how much care those residents need.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in East Baton Rouge Parish
- East Baton Rouge Parish tends to have mild winters and hot, humid summers, so seniors who enjoy the outdoors can remain active throughout the year as long as they limit summer activity to the coolest parts of the day. The subtropical climate produces plenty of rain, but few, if any, days that reach below freezing temperature each year.
- Air quality in East Baton Rouge Parish may present a problem for seniors with respiratory illnesses or conditions. The American Lung Association gives the parish an F grade for ozone levels and a C grade for 24-hour particle pollution, although both measures have improved since the late 90s to early 2000s.
- Seniors interested in arts and culture have plenty to do in East Baton Rouge Parish. The parish seat, the city of Baton Rouge, has an array of museums and historical attractions for local residents of assisted living facilities to visit. Frequent local festivals and a lively local theater and musical scene provide entertainment options for seniors in the area.
- East Baton Rouge Parish has an array of community resources for seniors, including the East Baton Rouge Council on Aging, an organization that offers an assortment of services, including assistance with legal concerns, Medicaid applications and nutrition services, as well as operating 22 senior centers throughout the parish.
- The cost of living in East Baton Rouge Parish is just 1.2 percent higher than the national average, making senior living expenses comparable to the rest of the U.S.
- East Baton Rouge Parish is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baton Rouge General Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in East Baton Rouge Parish
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in East Baton Rouge Parish start around $3,682 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in East Baton Rouge Parish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in East Baton Rouge Parish
Louisiana Medicaid Long-Term Services, operated by the Louisiana Department of Health, may offer financial assistance for assisted living expenses to qualified seniors in East Baton Rouge parish.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in East Baton Rouge Parish
East Baton Rouge Parish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in East Baton Rouge Parish, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in East Baton Rouge Parish
East Baton Rouge Parish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in East Baton Rouge Parish, LA
Assisted Living near East Baton Rouge Parish, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in East Baton Rouge Parish
Review of Sunrise at Siegen
What gave me a little hesitation about Sunrise at Siegen was the carpet in the bedrooms. It worried me because of incontinence. The place is really nice and lovely, but it was also cost-prohibitive... Read more
Review of Garden View Assisted Living - Baton Rouge
We went to Garden View Assisted Living for lunch and did a quick tour. Some of the residents were in wheelchairs and some were using walkers. The cost is prohibitive for somebody living on Social S... Read more
Review of Southside Gardens Assisted Living Center
My 99 year old mother has been at Southside Assisted Living for several years and frequently tells me, unsolicited, how comfortable, happy, safe, and well cared for she feels - The food is good - ... Read more