25 Assisted Living Facilities in Jefferson Parish, LA
The average cost of assisted living in Jefferson Parish is $4,029 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,480. Cheaper nearby regions include Orleans Parish with an average starting cost of $2,625.
To help you with your search, browse the 89 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jefferson Parish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jefferson Parish 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Orleans Parish with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Jefferson Parish find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jefferson Parish, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Jefferson Parish, LA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jefferson Parish
Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, was named for Thomas Jefferson in 1825 in celebration of the Louisiana Purchase. In an area that was once farmland, Jefferson Parish became the first suburb of New Orleans. Seniors living in this area are a short distance from big city amenities and can choose from 21 Assisted Living Facilities. In Louisiana, ALFs are defined as facilities that provide basic care and assistance with daily living activities to two or more seniors. ALFs in this state are referred to as Adult Residential Care Facilities and are regulated by the Louisiana Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jefferson Parish
- The Jefferson Parish area is home to world-class medical facilities, including East Jefferson General Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in Jefferson Parish can explore the city, run errands and go to the doctor easily thanks to Jefferson Transit. The county has numerous routes, wheelchair accessibility and offers half-fare prices for those over 65.
- Jefferson Parish has a mild climate. With warm summers that have an average temperature of 91 degrees and mild winters with an average low temperature of 45 degrees, seniors with limited mobility can be active all year round.
- Seniors and their loved ones may want to inquire about security in their assisted living facility in Jefferson Parish due to the city's high crime rate. Violent crime is rated at 55.9 out of 100 (1 being the safest) which is much higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 54.9 which is also higher than the national average of 38.1.
- Jefferson Parish has a cost of living rate that is only 1.8 percent higher than the national average. Seniors living in this area may not have to make changes to their budgets.
- Seniors living in Jefferson Parish enjoy a fairly decent quality of air. The American Lung Association gave this area an Ozone score of C and a Particle Pollution 24-hour score of A. Seniors with a severe respiratory condition may be adversely affected here on hazy days.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jefferson Parish
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in Jefferson Parish start around $4,052 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jefferson Parish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jefferson Parish
Low-income seniors living in Louisiana are able to get help covering assisted living costs through the state’s Medicaid Home and Community Based Services waiver program. In addition to this, Louisiana has one non-Medicaid program, the Louisiana Permanent Supportive Housing program which seniors may be eligible for.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jefferson Parish
Jefferson Parish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jefferson Parish, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jefferson Parish
Jefferson Parish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Jefferson Parish, LA
Assisted Living near Jefferson Parish, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jefferson Parish
Review of Fidelis Scofield House
Fidelis Scofield House has 6-8 residents only, it's a smaller place, and there's 2 staff people. It was nice and clean, and the people that worked there were very nice. But I didn't like that there... Read more
Review of Ville Ste. Marie Senior Living Community
Ville Ste. Marie Senior Living Community seems very responsive and made my mom's move in process very easy. The community itself is modern-looking and their staff is friendly and engaging. Read more
Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center
This facility should be shut down immediately. My mother was sent here by the social worker at east Jefferson hospital after a fall and hip surgery. I was not even given the opportunity to visit or... Read more