Colonial Care Retirement Center

Reviews of Colonial Care Retirement Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Colonial Care Retirement Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Colonial Care Retirement Center

March 31, 2015

Money was an issue. Mother doesn't have any money and neither do I, so affordability was a primary concern. Colonial Care is the least expensive in Baton Rouge. They are very old, but they are refurbishing and getting it modernized. I think that is probably the only reason we can afford it is because it is so old. It is extremely clean, and the food is very good. We talked to a couple of residents, and they say they are very happy living there. It isn't as appealing in appearance as some of the newer ones. In talking to the director, they make up for it in extreme cleanliness and attention to details. The bedrooms are actually fairly large. There is a small functional kitchen in it with a refrigerator and stove. They were old enough that mother would know how to work it. The dining area is adequate. It has enough tables and chairs for everybody to eat at the same time if they wanted to. I saw the calendar, and I think I remember them saying they took them shopping to Wal-Mart once or twice a month. I think I remember them saying that they exercise every morning before they went to breakfast. It is well organized every day.

Services and Amenities of Colonial Care Retirement Center

About Colonial Care Retirement Center

Colonial Assisted Living facilities provide services for Assisted Living, Alzheimers & Dementia Care, and Independent Living. They feature free family video conferencing and free wireless Internet. "Our residents come first, then we focus on our staff, our belief is that success will follow."

Map of Colonial Care Retirement Center