3 Assisted Living Facilities in Mccomb, MS
The average cost of assisted living in Mccomb is $2,697 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mccomb. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mccomb 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mccomb, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mccomb
Located about 15 miles north of the Mississippi-Louisiana border, McComb is perhaps best known as the birthplace of legendary singer Bo Diddley. The small city is currently home to about 13,050 people, and one in seven of them is 65 years or older.
The city has three assisted living facilities that can help these seniors as they age. Like other facilities in the Magnolia State, they’re licensed as Assisted Living Personal Care Homes by the Mississippi State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mccomb
- The McComb area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Southwest Mississippi Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The American Lung Association ranks cities across the country based on their air quality. For two types of air pollution, ozone and 24-hour particle pollution, the Jackson-Vicksburg-Brookhaven area ties for cleanest in the country. The region’s clean air may encourage seniors to retire in McComb.
- Each year, McComb residents enjoy about 218 days of sunshine; this is nearly two weeks more than the national average. During the city’s mild winters there's no snow at all, so seniors can get outside and enjoy a game of golf or pickleball. Summers are quite hot — temperatures are above 90° for an average of almost 70 days a year — and this factor may limit seniors’ outdoor pursuits.
- At 1,700 acres, Percy Quin State Park offers plenty of opportunities for bird watchers and wildlife viewers to enjoy the sights. The park also has a 490-acre lake where active seniors can fish, swim or even jet ski. History buffs may be interested in the city’s two museums, the McComb Railroad Museum and the Black History Gallery.
- Mississippi ranked fourth on Kiplinger’s list of the most tax-friendly states for retirees. Income from seniors' pensions as well as withdrawals from 401(k)s and IRAs are completely exempt from the state’s income tax. Since these generous tax policies leave more money in seniors' pockets, it could be easier for McComb residents to pay for assisted living.
- Seniors in McComb may spend less on healthcare, housing, transportation and other categories. The city’s overall cost of living is 20.7% below the national average, which can help seniors on a fixed income stretch their resources.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mccomb
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Mccomb start around $2,697 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mccomb and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mccomb
Some seniors may be eligible to receive services through the Assisted Living Waiver. A part of Mississippi Medicaid, this waiver may pay for the personal care and other services that seniors receive in McComb’s licensed assisted living communities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mccomb
Mccomb and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mccomb, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mccomb
Mccomb-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mccomb
Review of The Claiborne at McComb
When you walk in, The Claiborne at McComb is beautiful, but looks are not what's caring for the patients. It is lacking from qualified people. I have had lunch with my sister on several occasions a... Read more
Review of The Claiborne at McComb
The Claiborne at McComb was really fancy. They had plenty of activities for the residents and were putting in a butterfly garden when I was there. They had a wine and cheese bar, a movie theater, a... Read more
Review of Aston Court Retirement Community
Aston Court Retirement Community seemed nice and adequate. I had some friends who really had a good experience there. The rooms were really nice, the bathrooms were excellent, and they had handicap... Read more