5 Assisted Living Facilities in Slidell, LA
The average cost of assisted living in Slidell is $2,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 63 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Slidell. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Slidell 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Covington with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Slidell find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Slidell, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Slidell, LA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Slidell
Slidell, Louisiana has a population of 27,942, and a whopping 22.8 percent of it is comprised of seniors age 60 and older. Throughout Louisiana, assisted living communities are known as Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs), and all ARCPs in the state are regulated by the Louisiana Department of Health. These fall into four different categories, depending on the number of residents in the facility, the type of accommodations the facility provides and the level of care that its residents need. Slidell has five ARCPs, with an additional three in nearby Mandeville and five in Covington.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Slidell
- Slidell has a warm, humid subtropical climate, so temperatures remain mild throughout the winter. Summers are typically hot with frequent thunderstorms or showers, and the area experiences occasional hurricanes.
- The Slidell area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Slidell Memorial Hospital and Oschner Medical Center- North Shore, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Slidell has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Slidell Senior Center, part of the Council of Aging St. Tammany, an organization that provides workshops, wellness and exercise groups, recreation activities, income tax assistance and legal consultations for seniors.
- The cost of living in Slidell is 7.9 percent lower than the national average, making it an exceptionally affordable option for seniors.
Crime rates in Slidell are higher than most other parts of Louisiana, with 85 percent of Louisiana communities having a lower crime rate. Slidell has a higher crime rate than the national average for communities of a similar size for both violent and property crime.
- The Slidell area has plenty of arts and culture opportunities for seniors. Situated just 20 minutes from the historic and cultural attractions of New Orleans, Slidell offers an array of musical performances and local festivals throughout the year for assisted living facility supervised day trips. Slidell also hosts its own Mardi Gras parades during Carnival season, which provides free entertainment for seniors on a budget.
Paying for Assisted Living in Slidell
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in Slidell start around $2,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Slidell and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Slidell
Eligible seniors in the Slidell area may qualify for financial assistance through Louisiana Medicaid Long Term Care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Slidell
Slidell and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Slidell, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Slidell
Slidell-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Slidell, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Slidell
Review of Summerfield Retirement Community
I want to express how happy my mother was to be a resident of Summerfield Retirement Community in Slidell. From the beginning, she felt at home and loved her apartment, and the staff. She absolute... Read more
Review of Summerfield Retirement Community
Summerfield is a beautiful community with a caring staff! The residents are happy and that says a lot! Read more
Review of Azalea Estates of Slidell
My grandmother moved into Azalea Estates of Slidell. She has nothing but good things to say. She said they're very caring, and she enjoys it. It looks like a pretty good community. It's one of the ... Read more