About Oak Park Village at Slidell
Oak Park Village at Slidell is an assisted living and memory care community conveniently located in the heart of Slidell, LA. You will discover a peace of mind when you experience our amenities and services dedicated to supporting independence and overall well-being.
Oak Park Village is nestled in a picturesque setting with giant oak trees beautifully manicured landscaping. Our enclosed courtyards are the perfect place to sit and relax with a book from our library.
As you enter Oak Park Village, you’ll experience a warm welcome from our lobby receptionist. Our large town square is a great place for socializing and meeting up with friends and family. This area also has a small cafe for grabbing water or coffee when you are on the go!
Life Enrichment Programming
The Oak Park Village Life Enrichment program boasts many activities and local outings that give our residents a purpose every day. We incorporate daily spiritual, social, physical, and intellectual activities. Our activities director spends time getting to know residents. She meets with new residents to find out what their interests are and what they enjoy doing most. Monthly events may vary based on residents’ interests and participation.
In addition to regularly scheduled activities such as church services and Bible study, trips to local shopping and events, we offer educational talks and presentations. Presentations include discussions on health and nutrition, veterans’ Aid & Attendance, and more.
Programming at Oak Park Village inspires residents to lead fulfilling and active lives.
Join us for three meals a day, plus snacks! The dining experience is a great way to meet with friends and enjoy our friendly staff. Each meal is made from scratch and served in our dining room. We have restaurant-style service with a daily “chef’s choice” for meals, or residents may order off the alternative menu. Meals change every day, and we are very accommodating to residents’ tastes, preferences, and food allergies.
At Oak Park Village at Slidell, our focus is supporting our residents’ independence and overall wellness.
The care that each resident receives at Oak Park Village is unique to his or her needs. Each resident’s activities of daily living (ADLs), such as dressing, bathing, and hygiene, are assessed upon move-in and regularly throughout their stay. We work with the resident, family members, and health practitioners to create the right plan of care for each person.
Care-related services include, but are not limited to:
- Care staff, including a licensed nurse, at facility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Personal care assistance with activities of daily living
- Third-Party Medication assistance and administration
- Mobility assistance
- -Continence maintenance
- Visits from outside physician
- On-site visits from the dentist, podiatrist, home health, and more
- Learn more about the benefits of assisted living.
Memory Care Neighborhood
Along the Journey is Priority Life Care’s memory care programming. The Along the Journey program was created for our seniors with memory impairments. It’s a way to develop strong relationships between families and caregivers. A successful transition involves supporting the resident in their new environment and being a resource for the family.
Goals of Along the Journey:
- Create a safe and comfortable environment for residents
- Provide consistent, well-trained caregivers specific to dementia care
- Provide care based on residents’ abilities and needs, with respect to the individual’s culture and preferences
- Achieve the highest quality of life possible for residents through cueing and assistance
- Be a resource and provide support to families, staff, and other residents
- At Oak Park Village at Slidell, we use activities to help reduce agitation, improve mood, and encourage social interaction. Popular activities include morning coffee (hydration) and news, listening to music, spiritual programs, ice cream socials, reminiscing, trivia, and puzzles. One-on-one sensory activities may also be used to help residents relax and have a good night’s rest.
What Makes Us Special
Our current residents are very welcoming to new residents, and our community is a very loving place. We offer beautiful interior gardens and are pet friendly.