Oak Park Village at Slidell

Oak Park Village at Slidell (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Oak Park Village at Slidell

Assisted Living Reviews for Oak Park Village at Slidell

September 23, 2014

Live Oak was very light in color, airy, and they give it a good feel on the inside. The hallways weren't just straight hallways, the entrance doors for each rooms was recessed in a little bit; you can barely see the doors. We spoke to the manager of the kitchen staff and she is very nice. They had nice activities, the room was nice, and it was a walking distance to the church -- and that was convenient -- and they had an interior courtyard and buses and vans that bring people where they need to go.

August 10, 2013

By jc_slidell46

It is my choice to place my husband at Live Oak Village of Slidell mainly because they are the only one that will provide transportation to dialysis. It is cheerful, clean and well-kept facility. The staff is very helpful and you cannot ask for a better service. The room is a studio type and large enough for my husband and they always repaint the room after everybody moves out.

February 02, 2012

By IvyFisher

June 2012 makes 6 years that I have resided at Live Oak Village of Slidell. I am 93 years young. It was my decision to live here. I had the opportunity to live with my daughter, but I prefer my independence. Live Oaks allows me to have my own independence. My family is happy I am here. They know I am being taken care of. The chef is very conscientious of the specialized diet I require. My room is always kept clean and I appreciate the fact that my laundry is washed for me. I am happy to be here and happy with everyone here; particularly the staff. The staff appears to always be happy and in a good mood each day. I enjoy all the activities and participate in as many as I am able. Though I am mostly independent, if an occasion arises where I need assistance, I simply push my call button and a care manager comes right away to assist me. I love my life here.

January 31, 2012

By cindykaupp

My dad, G. DeMen lived in the facility for four years until his death in October 2011. When we researched this area for places for Dad to live, he was with me and he chose Live Oak Village. The week of his death, he asked me to let everyone know how much he appreciated the excellent care, the love, the concern and the respect he was always shown. As his daughter, I appreciate everything they did during his final days but most appreciate how much he enjoyed the last four years of his life. He went on every outing, he attended every gathering and function and there were so many of them all the time. He laughed, he played, he enjoyed all that Live Oak offered him. In his words, my dad said, "Living here is a blessing and I thank God for this blessing". It was a blessing for me to see my dad this content, this happy in his final years. Thank you Live Oak!!!!

Questions about Oak Park Village at Slidell

What programs or activities does Oak Park Village at Slidell offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a very active Community. Various fitness, creative, entertainment and faith based opportunities to serve our Residents.

What transportation services does Oak Park Village at Slidell offer to assisted living residents?

We have a brand new handicapped accessible van and offer transportation to local shopping, medical appointments, regularly scheduled outings and excursions.

What safety features or security measures does Oak Park Village at Slidell offer to assisted living residents?

We provide emergency pendants to our Assisted Living Residents which can be detected from anywhere within the building.

How does Oak Park Village at Slidell keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our staff is able to provide regular communication with families via phone conversations or in-person meetings at their request.

If Oak Park Village at Slidell accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a Pet Friendly community with interior gardens which are safe for our Residents to walk their pets.

What safety features or security measures does Oak Park Village at Slidell provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Memory Care neighborhood is secured with a code and key pad. There is a security code which is changed periodically for the safety of our Residents on Memory Care.

What programs or activities does Oak Park Village at Slidell offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have a full time Activities Director dedicated to the Memory Care Residents. They use many different techniques to bring out long term memories for activity engagement.

Our Wellness Director regularly assesses our Residents and communicates with the families as to any changes or needs.

What techniques does Oak Park Village at Slidell use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our Residents are offered a healthy menu as well as other meal options. Staff is engaged with residents during all meal times to promote healthy and safe eating.

Describe the neighborhood around Oak Park Village at Slidell. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are in the heart of Slidell, close to churches, schools, residential neighborhoods and medical professionals.

Costs for Oak Park Village at Slidell

Photos of Oak Park Village at Slidell

Services and Amenities of Oak Park Village at Slidell

• Assisted Living Starting At: $2000/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: 2203782189

About Oak Park Village at Slidell

Oak Park Village at Slidell is an assisted living and memory care community conveniently located in the heart of Slidell, LA. You will discover a peace of mind when you experience our amenities and services dedicated to supporting independence and overall well-being.

Oak Park Village is nestled in a picturesque setting with giant oak trees beautifully manicured landscaping. Our enclosed courtyards are the perfect place to sit and relax with a book from our library.

As you enter Oak Park Village, you’ll experience a warm welcome from our lobby receptionist. Our large town square is a great place for socializing and meeting up with friends and family. This area also has a small cafe for grabbing water or coffee when you are on the go!

Life Enrichment Programming

The Oak Park Village Life Enrichment program boasts many activities and local outings that give our residents a purpose every day. We incorporate daily spiritual, social, physical, and intellectual activities. Our activities director spends time getting to know residents. She meets with new residents to find out what their interests are and what they enjoy doing most. Monthly events may vary based on residents’ interests and participation.

In addition to regularly scheduled activities such as church services and Bible study, trips to local shopping and events, we offer educational talks and presentations. Presentations include discussions on health and nutrition, veterans’ Aid & Attendance, and more.

Programming at Oak Park Village inspires residents to lead fulfilling and active lives.

Dining Program

Join us for three meals a day, plus snacks! The dining experience is a great way to meet with friends and enjoy our friendly staff. Each meal is made from scratch and served in our dining room. We have restaurant-style service with a daily “chef’s choice” for meals, or residents may order off the alternative menu. Meals change every day, and we are very accommodating to residents’ tastes, preferences, and food allergies.

Assisted Living

At Oak Park Village at Slidell, our focus is supporting our residents’ independence and overall wellness.

The care that each resident receives at Oak Park Village is unique to his or her needs. Each resident’s activities of daily living (ADLs), such as dressing, bathing, and hygiene, are assessed upon move-in and regularly throughout their stay. We work with the resident, family members, and health practitioners to create the right plan of care for each person.

Care-related services include, but are not limited to:

• Care staff, including a licensed nurse, at facility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • Personal care assistance with activities of daily living
  • Third-Party Medication assistance and administration
  • Mobility assistance
  • -Continence maintenance
  • Visits from outside physician
  • On-site visits from the dentist, podiatrist, home health, and more
  • Learn more about the benefits of assisted living.

Memory Care Neighborhood

Along the Journey is Priority Life Care’s memory care programming. The Along the Journey program was created for our seniors with memory impairments. It’s a way to develop strong relationships between families and caregivers. A successful transition involves supporting the resident in their new environment and being a resource for the family.

Goals of Along the Journey:

• Create a safe and comfortable environment for residents
  • Provide consistent, well-trained caregivers specific to dementia care
  • Provide care based on residents’ abilities and needs, with respect to the individual’s culture and preferences
  • Achieve the highest quality of life possible for residents through cueing and assistance
  • Be a resource and provide support to families, staff, and other residents
  • At Oak Park Village at Slidell, we use activities to help reduce agitation, improve mood, and encourage social interaction. Popular activities include morning coffee (hydration) and news, listening to music, spiritual programs, ice cream socials, reminiscing, trivia, and puzzles. One-on-one sensory activities may also be used to help residents relax and have a good night’s rest.

Our current residents are very welcoming to new residents, and our community is a very loving place. We offer beautiful interior gardens and are pet friendly.

Map of Oak Park Village at Slidell