Brookdale Mandeville

1414 N. Causeway Blvd., Mandeville, LA 70471
Brookdale Mandeville (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 9 days

Contact us for our May move in special!!

Reviews of Brookdale Mandeville

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Mandeville

March 13, 2019

By Daun Calvert

The staff is fantastic. They treat each resident as they are a part of their own family. I would highly recommend Brookdale in Mandeville to anyone who is looking for a safe and happy place for their loved one.

March 13, 2019

By Keeping the light on

Brookdale is a wonderful place for people needing help getting around or even help with medication . The other reisidents are wonderful and very friendly to welcome new residents.

October 23, 2018

By Judy

I loved Brookdale Mandeville. It was very nice. I loved Lauren, the person who gave me the tour. She's precious and excellent. She was very kind and empathetic. I was very impressed. The dining area looked lovely. It didn't feel like an assisted living place, nursing home, or memory care unit. It felt like a hotel and it had wide hallways, like a Hilton, a Marriott, or a Ritz-Carlton even. They had a library that I was very impressed with, a very nice TV room, and they had an open house for family that night. The place was clean.

June 07, 2017

By darren300658

Brookdale Mandeville was nice, clean, and friendly. They did serve 3 meals a day. The staff was friendly. They showed me a studio room, which was adequate. They did have a library, a place where they can watch television, a bus service, and a little outdoor area.

January 06, 2017

By DR086052

We placed my mom in Brookdale Mandeville. It has caring, very attentive staff, and the place is clean and does not smell. They have activities for them, and so I have been pleased so far. The food is good. She is in the memory care wing. They have arts and crafts and a lot of entertainment. They had a little Christmas party and took them out to see Christmas lights and to have a little tour of the city. They have activities going on all the time to keep them busy.

April 06, 2016

My daughter and I liked the location of Brookdale Mandeville and its layout. The dining area was great. We loved it.

February 29, 2016

By PY2016

Brookdale Mandeville (Formerly Emeritus at Mandeville) looked very nice. I got to visit their rooms and they were very nice. I am interested in their respite care if my husband and I want to travel. They had some rooms for that and they were set up really beautifully. The activities were very nice. The dining area and the living area looked beautiful. They had a musician that particular day. It was a really good day for me to visit. Somebody in the administration was extremely professional and very helpful. Based on what I saw and what I learned, it was excellent.

December 20, 2015

By Caring Wife1

Brookdale Mandeville was a very nice facility. I liked it, but it's financially not feasible for me right now. It's very clean, and the people were very friendly and very helpful. The rooms were very clean, very nice, and very homey. There were people watching TV and reading with each other. I talked to the director, and she gave me the tour.

November 19, 2015

The rooms at Brookdale Mandeville were small but adequate. They had great food. They had people that come in and events. They were really good.

October 28, 2015

By Carol115298850

Brookdale is a very nice, clean, very well-decorated, and pleasing to the eyes facility. My friend has short-term memory loss, and they have to have her where she is watched and cannot leave. She has a room, which is very nice. It is rather large. They get them up, get them dressed, and bring them into a community room where they gather and watch TV. I have another friend there whose father-in-law goes there after surgery, and they are very pleased.

September 07, 2015

I visited Brookdale Mandeville for my parents. The lady I met with was wonderful. She answered all my questions. She gave me basically all the information I needed to know. The facility itself was really nice. It was very homey feeling. It didn't feel like a nursing home even though they can offer that care. It was very clean and really big. They have a library and a computer room and all those different stuff for the residents to use. Overall, I really like it. The rooms were really nice. There was room for a fridge and a microwave, there was a nice big handicap-accessible bathroom, and there was nice furniture. The dining facility was nice and big, and it felt like a restaurant. It was really nice. They have different menus and different diets available. They have lots of activities too. They have a monthly calendar that showed the activity that they did. They also provide transportation to and from doctor's appointments and to the stores, so there were lots of opportunities to get out and do stuff. The thing that impressed me most was that all of the people who work there seemed to know everybody, and that’s really important that they have a personal relationship with them and they genuinely care about them. The lady who was giving me the tour knew every single resident that she passed by and knew their stories. One of them needed help getting back to his room, and she knew right away that he needed his wheelchair; that impressed me because personal relationship is the most important thing to me.

June 11, 2015

By Patricia93324650

We chose Brookdale Mandeville for my father-in-law, but he passed away before he could move in. It was a nice, clean place. The staff was very caring and involved with their patients or clients. They seemed to know all the patients. They conversed with them about things. It was inviting, and the staff was very knowledgeable and ready to answer any question that we had.

May 12, 2015

Brookdale Mandeville was recommended by the social worker at the nursing home where my father was doing rehabilitation after a stroke. We went and visited there, it’s lovely, and they served us lunch. We have to meet with some of the other residents, and they were very happy there. We then made arrangements for my father to move there, and it has been a wonderful experience. The staff was pleasant, helpful, and available. They have activities all throughout the day; they have exercise classes, bingo, live concerts, cooking demonstrations, birthday parties, arts and crafts, and gardening. The room is lovely and very nice.

May 12, 2015

By Durel

Brookdale Mandeville is an excellent place. The prices are a little bit less. The service is comparable, and the food looks good.

August 09, 2013

By Keith5

It is like being in a cruise ship without leaving the dock that's how nice it is. I am very happy that my mom is there. The staff is great. They take good care of her. They have daily activities and the food is good. I am very confident and comfortable that my mom is there.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Mandeville

Questions about Brookdale Mandeville

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We do participate in in-service training provided by hospice & home health companies on specific dementia related diseases. Also Brookdale provides ongoing online training that must be completed monthly. In addition Brookdale Mandeville hosts monthly team meetings which are proactive in educating the team on dementia related topics.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Mandeville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our resident's average age is 82. Their favorite things are Happy Hour, Casino trips, and going out to lunch.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Mandeville offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Brookdale offers Optimum Life to integrate all - Optimum Life® isn’t just a program. It’s a philosophy of holistic well-being, encompassing six dimensions: Physical, emotional, purposeful, social, spiritual, and intellectual, that enlightens everything we do, from every meal we prepare to every lifelong passion that we help to make a reality. / Also since we do have a small community, resident input on activities & programming is extremely important & taken into consideration so our calendar is adjusted accordingly

What places are near Brookdale Mandeville or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Times Grill restaurant and shopping

What transportation services does Brookdale Mandeville offer to assisted living residents?

Brookdale bus Monday through Friday for medical appts. and other outside activities

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Mandeville exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Always available options. Menu chat with residents. Worked in dining services over 20 years. Loves to prepare comfort foods.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Mandeville offer to assisted living residents?

Emergency call system in each apartment, all doors are alarmed after 5 pm.

How does Brookdale Mandeville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Quarterly meetings, phone calls during change in condition.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Mandeville during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff according to resident needs and acuity

If Brookdale Mandeville accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

All pets need to be on a leash and can enjoy our 2 courtyards.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly training and electronic classes.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Depending on how many residents in the community overnight there are 5-6. During the daytime hours 6-12- Including managers & nurses

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Mandeville provide to protect residents who wander?

In our Memory care we do have a secured community only accessible by a code given only to Brookdale employees for the safety of our residents

What programs or activities does Brookdale Mandeville offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Daily Path is structured specifically for those with ALZ & Dementia. Our Cluster groups help those on both sides of the spectrum stay engaged to their fullest potential while still participating in the same activity. My Life Story is a program designed to capture each resident’s amazing story for the purpose of leaving a legacy, engaging in the developmental process of life review, and connecting with fellow residents and Brookdale associates. Stories are captured through weekly opportunities for journaling, recording video, and/or group discussion

Our Clinical Care Coordinator. Initial assessment prior to move in, 30 days after move in then quarterly.

What techniques does Brookdale Mandeville use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Dark tablecloths with light colored plates to increase visibility & appetite/ REFRESH- lavender scented towels to awaken the senses prior to meals/ We do offer dining assistance as well-Hand under or Hand over hand assistance

How does Brookdale Mandeville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our team of nurses and Clare Bridge manager have open communication with families

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Mandeville. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential neighborhood/ 2 miles from the Causeway Bridge

Is Brookdale Mandeville affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No, we are a private pay assisted living and memory care community

Photos of Brookdale Mandeville

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Mandeville

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Mandeville