32 Assisted Living Facilities near Marrero, LA
Also serving communities of Harvey.
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the Marrero area, with 2 in Marrero and 30 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Marrero is $3,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include New Orleans with an average starting cost of $3,016.
To help you with your search, browse the 105 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Marrero. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Marrero 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include New Orleans with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Marrero, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Marrero, LA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marrero
Marrero, Louisiana is a small city of about 33,000 residents located in the New Orleans metropolitan area. The marshland and swamps of Barataria Preserve in Marrero provide active seniors with an abundance of natural beauty, while the close proximity to New Orleans offers opportunities for participation in the vibrant cultural life of south Louisiana.
Approximately 15.9 percent of the population is age 65 or older, and there are 28 assisted living facilities in the area, including two within city limits, to cater to this population. As throughout Louisiana, assisted living communities in Marrero are licensed as Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs) by the Louisiana Department of Health and divided into four levels based on how many residents live there, the type of accommodations and the specific care provided.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marrero
- Marrero is home to world-class medical facilities, including West Jefferson Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The city of Marrero offers local seniors an array of arts and culture options, including access to local festivals, proximity to world-class museums in the nearby city of New Orleans and an assortment of professional and community theater, musical, sports and dance performances throughout the year.
- Marrero has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Jefferson Council on Aging, an organization that organizes educational programs and offers assistance to local seniors as well as operating senior centers throughout Jefferson Parish, including one in Marrero.
- Marrero has a warm subtropical climate, with mild winters and hot, humid summers. An average of 223 sunny days per year and a comfort index of 72 on a 100-point scale ensure that active seniors can partake in outdoor activities throughout the year. Families may want to ask assisted living facilities under consideration what plans are in place to protect residents from excess summer heat and hurricanes that might threaten the region.
- Crime rates in Marrero are higher than the national average, so assisted living facilities in the region should have security plans in place to protect senior residents from crime.
- Marrero seniors in an assisted living facility may stretch their budgets further with favorable tax rates from the state. Louisiana doesn't tax public pensions or social security at all and offers tax breaks on many other forms of retirement income, including IRAs and private pensions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marrero
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in Marrero start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marrero and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marrero
Eligible seniors living in an ARCP in Marrero might be able to get financial aid through the Louisiana Medicaid Long-Term Care Services program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marrero
Marrero and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Marrero, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marrero
Marrero-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Marrero
Review of Tranquil Living
I was so thankful to have found Tranquil Living after seeing my father receive less than adequate care at a local nursing home. The staff at Tranquil Living treat the residents like family members... Read more
Review of Tranquil Living
Absolutely love this facility. Read more
Review of Wynhoven Living Center
I went to visit my grandmother , who was recently addmitted. I ask her if she was ready you take a nap .she explained to me that she could not .because if she called them to put her in the bed she ... Read more