St. Anthony's Gardens

Reviews of St. Anthony's Gardens

Assisted Living Reviews for St. Anthony's Gardens

June 03, 2021

By Rebecca

St. Anthony's Gardens was nice. The only thing I didn't like was it had elevators. I thought that would be kind of confusing for someone with dementia, but the facility was nice and clean, and the appearance was great. The staff was modest and friendly, and they had information to give me about their visitations and COVID guidelines, like handouts, brochures, and that sort of thing. They have arts and crafts, a hair salon, and bingo, too. It just felt more institutional than homey.

July 02, 2019

By Donna

The people we interviewed at St. Anthony's Gardens were great. After we saw this community, we were very pleased and didn't need to look any further. The staff is excellent. We saw everything and had an extensive tour, and the lady who coordinated everything was excellent. The rooms were fine, they were very clean. They had us for lunch and the food was excellent. They would do your laundry, they had housekeeping and everything that's necessary if you would stay there. They had all the amenities.

January 06, 2019

By Daughter1120

St. Anthony's Gardens was very nice. The room wasn't an apartment but it was still nicely done. The only reason we didn't go to them is because they couldn't accommodate Mom with her e-cigarette. It turned out that we went to high school with the person who was doing the interviewing and showing us around, so we already had a connection with her. She was very sweet. She introduced us to anybody that was out and about, but I didn't see the care people much. They had a mini theater, which was very cute. They had people come in and do talks with the residents or come play music for them on a regular basis. They had two separate dining rooms. It was very well appointed.

August 28, 2018

By Barb

St. Anthony's Gardens was a very nice facility, but I was concerned that they wouldn't take as good care of my husband as I would. It's a beautiful facility, but the rooms weren't furnished. You have to bring your own furniture. The dining area was very nice and they had good food. They have the chef from one of the country clubs over here. They have a gym and a very beautiful chapel where they have mass once a week. It was an impressive facility and it seemed very spotless.

November 20, 2017

By Mary

St. Anthony's Gardens is brand new and very nice. They only had 15% filled when I went. There were so few people and nothing was really going on at the time. They had a chapel and a theater. The person who assisted me was very nice and accommodating. The cooking was very good.

June 06, 2017

By r-telleittirre

St. Anthony's Gardens was absolutely beautiful. I saw the rooms and the grounds. They took me on a tour of the acres, and it was very nice. The staff people were absolutely wonderful. It is exactly where I want my mother-in-law to be. I did not like the drive-in, which was kind of dismal, but once I got inside, it was beautiful. I went inside and saw everything, and everybody was receptive. It really was great.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to St. Anthony's Garden! Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!

November 30, 2016

By BM651867

I'm moving to St. Anthony's in about a week. It's new, and I liked the amenities. The people, the layout, and the facilities it offered stood out to me. The food was very good, the rooms were spacious and well-appointed, and all the appliances were new. It was well laid-out. They have a lot of exercises, and they take them on tours.

Independent Living Reviews for St. Anthony's Gardens

March 16, 2019

By Judith

St. Anthony's Gardens is huge. It's enormous and almost like a hotel. They have several stories and you have to use an elevator to get up to a different room. The place was great-looking but too far away from us personally. The staff and everybody over there was nice and had good things to say about the place. It's just so big. The actual residents said the food was delicious, and if you have something leftover you can take it back to your room. They only provide 2 meals a day. But it's nice, near and not as old as the other place we visited. They have about 4 buildings and they're very new. The rooms were nice, they were very self-efficient and you have control over everything, like your air-conditioning. It was good. They're brand-new, but also expensive. They had a lot of different activities and birthdays they celebrate. We went through one building, and we were like three floors up, all the buildings are high-rise. I would prefer something smaller. The person who gave us the tour was great, she was really nice and explained it all very well and answered our questions. The buildings themselves are very nice.

Hey Judith Thanks so much for taking time to share your kind words about St Anthony’s Gardens. We are fortunate to have such wonderful residents, team members who serve them, award winning food, incredible campus life activities, and a beautiful new community with exceptional residences. So many compliments. Thanks again. You are also correct in noting that two meals per day are included but feel it’s worth noting that all three meals are offered. Residents in Independent Living love having a full kitchen so they can prepare meals if they choose to. We do offer three meals in our Assisted Living and Memory Care neighborhoods. It sounds like your biggest impression was our size. Our community is larger than many of the older, stand-alone facilities in our area. We have dining and recreational areas in all of our different levels of living that contribute to our size. More importantly the people who call St. Anthony’s Gardens home tell us our size is a strength as it provides them more friends to have fun with. We are fortunate to be able to offer our residents work out rooms, a movie theatre, art rooms, a library, lounge, a chapel and an auditorium to provide educational seminars and many concerts. Most families choose to be close to the people they love and as you said we are further from your home than you prefer. We hope you’ve found what you’re looking for... and if not, that you’ll allow us to share some options that might be closer to home for you. Thanks again Best, St Anthony’s Gardens

Memory Care Reviews for St. Anthony's Gardens

• Minimum Age: Yes
  • Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 2203782960

About St. Anthony's Gardens

With nurses on staff 24/7, The Archdiocese of New Orleans has a long-standing reputation for quality, excellence, and compassion in the delivery of housing and care. Its new community, St. Anthony’s Gardens will have a strong spiritual support base with a vision of creative, inspired, value-oriented retirement living.

Imagine your choice of private apartment floor plans. All are comfortably appointed and equipped with a state-of-the-art technology package, including expanded basic cable, HDTV digital audio/video output, high-speed internet, and free local and long-distance calling within the continental U.S. Your apartment’s exquisite design elements will include:

• 9-ft. ceilings with crown molding in living and dining areas
  • Well-appointed gourmet-style open kitchen
  • Islands and breakfast bars in select apartments
  • Full-sized kitchen appliances, plus washer and dryer
  • Deluxe cabinetry and granite and/or quartz countertops
  • Bathtub and glass-enclosed shower with marble accents
  • Generous storage with walk-in closets
  • Decks or patios on select apartments
  • Pet-friendly

You’ll have a choice of studio, one- or two-bedroom floor plans. Whichever you choose, when you walk through the front door of your new residence at St. Anthony’s Gardens, you’ll feel right at home. Because each apartment has been meticulously designed to enhance your lifestyle, allowing you to create a space that is uniquely yours. Amenities will include:

• Convenient kitchenette for in-apartment snacks
  • 24-hour security and emergency call systems in each apartment
  • Individual heating and cooling controls
  • Ample storage—including some with walk-in closets
  • Personal Services
  • We’re Always at Your Service

At St. Anthony’s Garden’s your low monthly fee includes all the services that make life more manageable and enjoyable. Personal services include:

• Assistance with the activities of daily living
  • Medication management, wellness, and related programs
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen services
  • Three meals daily in restaurant-style dining room or via room service
  • Transportation to medical care, stores, and community services
  • Social and recreational activities

St. Anthony’s Gardens is located on the Northshore in Covington, Louisiana. The community is next door to Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church and conveniently located near local hospitals and other medical services.

Map of St. Anthony's Gardens