Brookdale Biloxi

Reviews of Brookdale Biloxi

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Biloxi

June 21, 2021

By Abby

The staff at Brookdale Biloxi was great and very informative about everything. Any question that I asked, they were able to answer. It was clean and everything was very nice. The residents who spoke with me appeared very happy. If I had to choose a place, I would choose there. They were setting up for lunch while I was there. Everything smelled wonderful. The residents that were there were pretty excited about lunch, and they said that they have an excellent chef.

May 11, 2021

By Karen

I visited Brookdale Biloxi. The staff couldn't have been any friendlier. They introduced me to all of the other staff that was working that day. I know a couple of ladies that live there and that made it nice too. The staff was very warm and welcoming. They even gave me a meal to take with me. The negatives were the parking, it's a long way to get into the building, and there's also nothing they can do about the size of their rooms. There are two-bedrooms, but they only come with one bath, and I wanted two baths. I thought very positively of it though. The food was good, it's just the problem with the smallness of the rooms and the parking. I really like the place quite a bit, it's right there at the top. I just don't know what's going to be available when the time comes for me to move in. The food I had was my favorite food to eat in a restaurant. The facility looked clean to me, but it is an older building.

March 18, 2021

By Charlene

I visited Brookdale Biloxi, and I thought it was outstanding. She showed me around, and I met some residents. She showed me all the places and a couple of different rooms. I thought the small one would have been perfect for my mom. It's a good size where you would have plenty of room for a bed, some furniture, and a little table. I thought it was outstanding, nice, and clean. It has a good-sized bathroom with good handicap things on the bath. She also showed me the emergency system that they have in there; in case they have a problem, they can just push the button. It was nice. They have three meals a day, a rose garden out in the back, a butterfly garden, and a raised-bed garden. They have games in there, too. They used to have pet visits, but they said because of COVID they cut back on that. They are hoping to restart that. I was telling her that I am in a motorcycle group, and she said they have motorcyclists come to visit with the people and let them look at their motorcycles. There was a lady eating there, and I got to see what was on her plate, and it looked good.

June 24, 2019

By Cary

My mother moved into Brookdale Biloxi for 3 weeks now, and she's doing okay. Everybody there, the staff, the residents seem very nice. They have a beauty parlor, and the lady did a good job. She has an alcove, it's L-shaped, and so it has a little bit more room, and it was a good compromise between a studio and a 1-bedroom. The food is okay, but it could be better. The facility is good, but a little bit dated.

April 29, 2018

By Mitchell

The people at Brookdale Biloxi are very pleasant were able to answer all my questions. It's a very nice facility. It's clean, it smells good, and they have a lot of activities that the residents seemed to enjoy and participate in. I put my mom and my sister there. I've eaten there and the food is good.

May 15, 2017

By nunyabizz

Other

My father was in this place and when we saw it for the first time we thought it was the perfect place for him. Until we found out that they were letting him sit in his soiled clothes for days and when he fell instead of calling for an ambulance he sat there for two days with a fractured hip. I do not recommend this place at all.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and provide feedback. We take your comments seriously and are committed to providing quality care and services to our residents. Your feedback has been shared with our management team for review.

March 26, 2016

By A.W.

The staff at Brookdale was excellent. The living quarters were nice, clean, and well kept. Everybody seemed OK. The dining area was restaurant-style.

November 30, 2015

By Kate25

I visited Brookdale Biloxi. I thought the apartments were decent. I thought the staff was probably okay. They seemed to have quite a few activities. Everything was clean as could be, and it did not have odor.

November 11, 2015

By H.W.

I love Brookdale Biloxi, but right now, I can't afford it. We went to see occupied rooms, and they looked very, very nice and very spacious. I like it a lot. The director was very friendly and pleasant.

September 30, 2015

I went to Brookdale. It was very nice, and I liked it, but I lived over the west side of Gulfport. I went to church here, and my doctors were all over that side of town. So, that was too far for me to move to. I looked at the one-bedroom unit, and I thought it had the space of what I needed and wanted to bring. It was very clean. It was an excellent place. I was very pleased. I just wished it was in this side of town.

July 10, 2015

By lovedone2

My mother-in-law has been in this facility for almost a year. It appears to be a nice place for her in many respects. However the one area that needs very real attention is the food. This is not just the residents complaining, but visiting loved-ones who can't even identify the food! My mother-in-law has lost weight in the facility. She doesn't eat much of the food served. She seems to like the breakfast. But the rest is terrible. When she we take her away for visits, she has a very healthy appetite. There are loved-ones who visit during dinner time and have found they can't stomach in. Please... do something about the food!

July 04, 2015

The people were very nice. Everything was lovely, but it just wasn't for me. I just wasn't ready for that kind of thing. I still like doing my own cooking and all of that, and they didn't have that. It really just wasn't for me. Brookdale Biloxi was a lovely place, and the rooms were nice although a little bit small.

June 07, 2015

By Patricia107505050

I choose Brookdale Biloxi for my sister because I am impressed with the staff. I really like everybody that I meet. They seem very friendly and very caring. Also, I am able to find a three-bedroom apartment where my sister only uses one room, so she shares the three bedroom apartment with two other residents, and that works out really well for her. I have lunch with my sister there, and the food is OK. They have different activities. One thing that my sister participates in that she enjoys is when they play trivia in the morning. The thing that I like for her is the fact that they can bring her to appointments, Walmart and places like that, and also to doctor visits.

February 28, 2015

We chose it for my mother-in-law. For one thing, it has the availability, and we like everything about it. The apartment that's available is really a nice corner room. The staff was great during our visit. However, now that she is there, she is having some issues. Her daughter tells us that they are not helping her with her bath, and we don't know whether she will not let them or whether she is not bathing. As a matter fact, my husband had to call in for 2 days for a girl to call back this afternoon to find out if she in fact will not let her bathe her or if they are bathing her and she is just saying they are not. I cannot give it a 5 because of that issue. However, my experience with them has been great. I think it is a wonderful facility.

August 27, 2014

I moved my mom in. I thought they were very friendly. It was a bigger facility, and the rooms were more for people with walkers and wheelchairs, and my mom was using a walker at the time she went in and then went to a wheelchair. They have Bingo and gatherings where they can have soda and orders, so it is more lifelike for her there and she doesn't get bored. The thing that they don't do is they don't knock on your door if you don't go to an activity. She has missed a couple of meals because she went to sleep and nobody knocked on the door to say, "Are you coming for a meal?" If you don't show up, they don't come and look for you. You have to be self-motivated to do anything. There are so many people that they can't always track them. I feel that they should always track them or my mom if she doesn't show up for something, for meals especially. But they are very quick to respond if she pushes the button, so that is good. But if she wanted to just sit in the room, she could just sit in the room and nobody would ever come and check on her. I ended up hiring a woman for an hour a day to stop five or six times a day in her room just to see if she needed anything because I didn't feel that the staff would ask her if she needed something. You have to be able to walk and do your own thing, since they are not going to push the wheelchair. I really don't like that either.

April 26, 2014

By Phyllis27

My husband's uncle is here because that is where he wanted to go. He is happy as he can be. He says he feels like he is living in a resort. I am really pleased with everyone over there. Everyone is extremely nice and happy. They are interacting constantly with the seniors. They are playing games. They have happy hour, where they serve beer and wine. He has not played blackjack before, but he won a couple of days ago, and his prize for winning is he will go the casino and eat in the buffet for free. He loves his room and he loves the whole thing.

June 26, 2013

By Helena6

It was a beautiful place and I liked it very much. The rooms were very nice. The dining hall was spacious and pretty and the food smelled good.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Biloxi

Questions about Brookdale Biloxi

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All staff receive initial dementia care training upon hire that provides guidance and techniques in supporting those residents with dementia and memory care needs. Monthly our associates receive in person in service training reviewing dementia care and working directly with residents with dementia needs from our Clare Bridge Program Manager. Additionally they receive monthly training through our intensive computer based training programs.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Biloxi. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age range is 65-75 Visit area casinos, visit area museums and cultural sights, visit beaches, participate in holiday events such as Mardi Gras parades, cruising the coast, etc.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Biloxi offer to enrich residents' well-being?

B-fit, weekly community outings at area restaurants or cultural sight, holiday/birthday/and anniversary recognition/celebration, religious small group bible study, weekly mass is held at the community, volunteer opportunities in the community at area schools and hospitals, community interests small groups, resident newsletter, ambassador committee, cooking demonstrations, brain games, social media exploration

What places are near Brookdale Biloxi or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Nothing via foot safely, however we are close to VA medical Center, beaches, area restaurants, Keesler Air Force Base, Edgewater Mall

What transportation services does Brookdale Biloxi offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation bus for physicians appointments Tues and Thurs or as needed, outings 5/6 days a week

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Biloxi exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Dietary Manager was previously the General Manager at Salute and The Reef area restaurants. He offers amazing pasta and seafood fair. Residents can expect a nutritious, well-balanced menu that includes food from all walks of life, which THEY help design. Seasonal or local tastes, family traditions, special memories, or holidays are all incorporated as part of the dining experience. Our menus are approved by a dietician with the aging adult in mind. Residents have multiple outlets to share ideas for new or different menu options, in a way that they are comfortable with, including Menu Chat Meetings, the Resident Suggestion binder, comment cards, and directly with staff. Our Dining Service Manager leads a strong culinary team that understand the importance of food safety, honoring resident preference, offering a variety of options, and being open to feedback & making adjustments.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Biloxi offer to assisted living residents?

Community safety is one of the top priorities at BP. We prepare physically and mentally for situations that may arise. Multiple emergency pull cords are located in all of the apartments, as well as strategically around the community. Pendants (necklaces or bracelets) are offered but not required. Exit doors have a primary and secondary security system. We detect for both smoke & carbon monoxide and our fire systems are monitored by a 3rd party for the quickest response if ever needed. Due to our geographic location, we maintain preparations for natural disasters year-round. All associates are routinely in-serviced and trained for real life situations, to ensure that when time is of the essence, staff respond rather than react.

How does Brookdale Biloxi keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Open communication with calls from community as needed, scheduled and impromptu family meetings, emails to families en masse for upcoming events or community updates, and texts & emails with ED and HWD if family’s preference.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Biloxi during daytime and nighttime hours?

Brookdale staffs to the direct needs of our residents. Every resident receives an individualized care plan that provides detailed information about the care needs of the resident. This system collectively provides the amount of staffing needed to provide the best care for our residents. This always meets the state regulations and most often exceeds the recommendation of state.

If Brookdale Biloxi accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly facility. We have a beautiful landscape outside for pets to enjoy

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

In addition to the extensive training that associates receive prior to beginning their journeys with BP, they also receive ongoing monthly training that focuses on aging adults, safety, dementias, and other relevant topics. Associates collaborate with community leadership to ensure that the specific needs of the community’s current resident population are addressed.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Biloxi provide to protect residents who wander?

We have security door with a key pad entry for both entrances of the Clare Bridge unit. Door alarms are on each door.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Biloxi offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Brookdale utilizes the Clare Bridge program which focuses on engaging residents of all abilities. This program follows “The Daily Path” which provides a reassuring structure, engagement, and physical/mental stimulation. Residents follow a structured daily routine that includes meal services, mental and physical workouts, refreshments, creative arts and crafts, and musical engagement.

Our Health and Wellness Director assesses residents prior to admission, upon admission, 15-30 days after admission, and then quarterly for the extent of the residents stay at our community. In addition, if the resident has a change in their condition we also complete a new assessment at that time.

What techniques does Brookdale Biloxi use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Residents start their meals with our Refresh program which helps not only with hygiene but engaging the senses and encouraging appetite. Meals are served restaurant style with multiple meal options available. Brookdale Columbus will accommodate different diet needs, and can prepare foods in several ways to encourage independence and maintain the dignity of the residents.

How does Brookdale Biloxi keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We have care conference meetings quarterly to keep families up to date with the overall well being of their loved one. In addition, we will always communicate with our families if there is a change in a resident’s day to day normal.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Biloxi. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are in a residential neighborhood conveniently located close to the Walmart neighborhood market, VA medical Center, Keesler Air Force Base and Edgewater Mall. We are also in close proximity to the library and the post office. We also are close to a Methodist, Baptist, catholic, and Lutheran church within blocks of our facility.

Is Brookdale Biloxi affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

we are not affiliated with any hospital, however we are close to Merritt Health, Memorial Hospital At Gulfport, VA Medical Center, Keesler Air Force Base Medical Center

Photos of Brookdale Biloxi

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Biloxi

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Biloxi