65 Assisted Living Facilities near Leawood, KS
There are 65 Assisted Living Facilities in the Leawood area, with 3 in Leawood and 62 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Leawood is $3,375 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Raytown with an average starting cost of $2,342.
To help you with your search, browse the 369 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Leawood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Leawood 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Prairie Village with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Leawood find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Leawood, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Leawood, KS
62 Assisted Living Facilities near Leawood, KS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Leawood
Leawood sits in the Kansas City metropolitan area, making it easy for residents to enjoy the perks of city life from the comfort of a suburban setting. Annual events range from Arti Gras, a juried art show, to the arrival of The Ice at Park Place each November. Seniors who enjoy the city's events and attractions can choose from 73 assisted living communities in the Leawood area, with 3 located directly within the city. Select a home with confidence knowing the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services routinely inspects assisted living facilities in Leawood and other parts of Kansas to make sure they perform their required duties in clean, hazard-free centers.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Leawood
- Leawood seniors get up to 75 percent of their paid property taxes back thanks to the SAFESR refund. This is an annual rebate.
- Housing in Leawood costs more than twice the national average, with the median home priced at $487,000. However, residents get some relief from groceries and utilities, both of which are generally less expensive than the U.S. average.
- Leawood residents are safer than the inhabitants of 57% of U.S. cities. Residents run a 1 in 1,152 risk of falling prey to violence and a 1 in 87 chance of experience a property-related crime. These rates are both lower than the overall average for Kansas cities.
- Winters in Leawood are cold but bearable. The temperatures drop into single digits on chilly days but generally remain in the mid 20s to high 80s during the year. Summers are hot, humid and sunny.
- The Leawood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Menorah Medical Center and St. Luke's Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Leawood is part of Johnson County, one of the only counties in Kansas with an "A" rating for high-ozone days from the American Lung Association. This means people with respiratory conditions and infections may find it easier to breathe in this city than in surrounding areas with lower ratings.
Paying for Assisted Living in Leawood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kansas
Assisted Living costs in Leawood start around $3,450 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Leawood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Leawood
Medicaid recipients in Leawood can request help with assisted living costs after applying for the Frail Elderly Waiver program. This statewide program also helps cover the cost of assistive devices for approved seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Leawood
Leawood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Leawood, please visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Leawood
Leawood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Leawood, KS
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Leawood
Review of Homestead of Leawood
My mom has been there since 2012. We really liked that it was a small community and had a warm family feel. Although through the years there have definitely been issues. There has been a lot of tur... Read more
Review of Leawood Gardens
I am very pleased with this facility for my father-in-law. The staff is diligent and works hard to help the meet the residents' needs. It is clean, spacious, and has a lovely outdoor area. Food is... Read more
Review of Leawood Gardens
Great staff, excellent administrator, beautiful center! Read more