Brookdale Rosehill

Reviews of Brookdale Rosehill

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Rosehill

July 26, 2014

By Ron30

Mom spent 2 weeks at Sweet Life Rehab and went home after that. They were excellent. The care was very good, and the rehab was great. People were very courteous and friendly. They have a lot of perks. They have cappuccino machines available to the guests and to their families, and popcorn is always available. There were lots of activities for the seniors. They had bingo, word search, and people came in to the assisted living. People from the rehab were welcome to attend as well. I would highly recommend them.

April 22, 2014

At first, Sweet Life was very nice when my mother-in-law lived there. After five years, they switched management and it went downhill. My mother-in-law complained about the food. She passed away two years ago. They have rooms that people live in, and somebody comes in every so often to clean the rooms and change the bed sheets, butI think they could have done a better job. They kept what the public sees very clean, but the apartments could have been cleaner.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about Sweet Life Rosehill. The safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families. The staff is committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident every day, so your feedback is very important to us.

November 27, 2013

The high point for me in Sweet Life Rosehill was their nursing unit because they had private rooms. The dining area was very acceptable. It was clean. However, I just don't think it had a pleasant environment. I just didn't like it. I didn't like the décor and my mom wasn't crazy about it either. I didn't like their long term care unit. It seemed as though they had low functioning folk there in their long-term care unit. It didn't feel homey to me. It didn't had the same warmth or sense of community. The staff seemed very nice and professional.

October 05, 2012

By Carl 1

My mom was treated very well at the Sweet Life at Rosehill. She was very pleased and even looked 10 years younger. The staff was phenomenal, too.

February 29, 2012

By Martha May

I visited my grandmother at this wonderful establishment in Shawnee Kansas. The first thing you notice upon entering is how well they have maintained and kept the gardens outside, there is a real attention to detail. When you go into the facility, the friendly staff is more than willing to help you with any questions or show you around, they all keep great smiles on their faces and are very friendly to you. I found the carpets to be imaculately clean, as well as everything else, and that the elderly there were very happy and always seemed to be coming or going to some event or game with big grins on their happy faces. Also the food was suprisingly good, as I have tasted some bad food in "rest homes" before, and I was glad to know that they were giving my grandmother excelent treatment and she was receiving the nutritious meals she so needs in her poor health. The rooms were well-equipped with color television sets and nice views of the outdoors. Each room also had an air conditioning which was very important during our hot summer visit. We sat with our grandmother and enjoyed the friendly company of both the staff and the other elderly living there at the assisted living center, and I had to say it was a very enjoyable experience and put my heart at ease that she was receiving the proper and happy care I so want for her to have. I would recommend this fine establishment for anyone who is considering going into an assisted living situation or has a loved one who they can no longer care for as was the case with me. If you live in the Kansas area, or the Shawnee area to be more specific, take a drive up to Sweet Life and take a look for yourself, I doubt you will be disappointed in this fantastic home for your loved one.

June 15, 2011

By Roberts1980

The Sweet Life Rosehill facility is a sister facility to another, smaller, Brookdale facility about a mile away which caters specifically to Alzheimer's and Dementia patients. The facility at Rosehill is larger, and offers three separate levels of care, including Assisted Living. The interior of this facility is very nicely appointed, in the style of a luxury apartment community, and seems very clean and well-maintained. There are a number of smaller common spaces, such as an aviary room, as well as a couple of larger common areas for group activities planned each day. The rooms at this facility are a decent size, but the Assisted Living component does not offer two-bedroom apartments, which might be difficult for some couples. I did not meet many staff members, but my tour guide was genuinely friendly and upbeat. I felt that the residents were more active in this facility than they were in some others I have visited, so it might be a good match for people want a busier community. The management of the Sweet Life facilities appears to be very good in general, with a full schedule of activities and events for residents, as well as smaller spaces for more individualised activity. I would definitely recommend this facility for a loved one.

Nursing Home Reviews for Brookdale Rosehill

March 09, 2018

By Reviewer

Brookdale Rosehill (Formerly The Sweet Life at Rosehill) was very nice and very clean. We had some problems with the staff last time we were there, so I didn't put Mom back. She's been there five times for rehab. Their activities are pretty slim. They don't have a lot going on. She fell in that facility and broke her elbow at 5:00 in the morning. The food was very good. Her room was always very nice and clean. Their physical therapy was definitely a five. The last time she was there, they went downhill a bit. One side of the facility was very good and the other side was not. If your loved one is ambulatory, able to dress themselves, and able to go to the bathroom themselves, Sweet Life is perfect. If they're not, that's a different story, but my mother requires 100% assistance and she's wheelchair bound. They have a chef there. The food was good and you have many options. If you do not like the food, they will present you with two or three different menus and you can pick what you want from there.

November 05, 2016

By Debbie800723

Sweet Life was modern; it was updated. They had a little theater there, they have someone playing the piano for the residents, and we were told that food is good. It was really homey. They have little sitting areas that families could sit in and visit if they wanted to get out of the room.

February 29, 2016

By Mel10

My mom was at the nursing side of Brookdale of Rosehill. They took care of her well. We found a couple of girls that were so good to my mom. They checked on her and they had very nice personal touch.

February 09, 2015

By Jim101237850

I had visited The Sweet Life at Rosehill, and the rooms were very nice and large. The staff was very warm and friendly. Their staff to patient ratio was excellent, and that was what impressed us. They had quite a good selection of activities and entertainment. I would absolutely recommend this facility to family and friends.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82038750

Sweet Life at Rosehill is just one mile from my house. My wife stayed there for six weeks. It's a fairly nice place so far with regards to its physical setup. The rooms were nice and the food was very good.

September 04, 2012

By phackett

Great Experiance, must see

January 27, 2012

By Jonathon1

I have a friend who's grandmother lives in the facility. It is a nice place on the outside and just as nice on the inside. It's quiet, not a lot to do there but I think once I'm that old I'd just like to relax too. From what I hear the staff is nice and respectful, always trying their best to calm down or go the extra mile for a resident.

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Rosehill

• State Licenses: N046063

About Brookdale Rosehill

Brookdale Rosehill provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Rosehill