51 Assisted Living Facilities near Lenexa, KS
There are 51 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lenexa area, with 6 in Lenexa and 45 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lenexa is $3,616 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Prairie Village with an average starting cost of $3,592.
To help you with your search, browse the 312 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lenexa. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lenexa 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Paola with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lenexa, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Lenexa, KS
45 Assisted Living Facilities near Lenexa, KS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lenexa
Dubbed "The Spinach Capital of the World" in the 1930s, Lenexa still embraces its former title by hosting the annual Spinach Festival. This suburban city has more than 50,000 residents, and nearly 13 percent of them are above the age of 65.
Seniors looking for assisted living support in the Lenexa area have plenty of choices with 96 assisted living facilities near Lenexa, five of which sit within the city limits. The Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services regulates the safety of these assisted living communities, providing peace of mind for elderly residents and their families.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lenexa
- Lenexa clocks in at 110.3 on a cost-of-living scale, where 100 equals the U.S. average, which means the city has a high cost of living compared to other locations. At $276,800, the median home cost is nearly twice as much in Lenexa as the Kansas average. On average, Lenexa residents also pay more for groceries, utilities and transportation than others who call Kansas home.
- The weather changes every season, so seniors who live in Lenexa may want to stock their closets with thick coats, rain boots and shorts to stay comfortable year round. Temperatures range from a frigid mid-20s average in the winter to sweat-inducing highs in the 80s and 90s during the summer.
- The Lenexa area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Shawnee Mission Health and the Kansas Institute of Medicine, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lenexa seniors stay active by participating in programs such as Senior Pep Fitness, men's basketball and chair yoga offered by the Lenexa Community Center. Seniors who prefer non-athletic activities can play Bingo, bridge and board games at the Lenexa Senior Center.
- Nearly 2 out of 3 U.S. cities have a lower crime rate than Lenexa, Kansas. That may sound bleak, but residents are more likely to experience property damage or theft than become the victim of a violent crime in Lenexa.
- Lenexa seniors enjoy tax breaks in the form of exemptions and rebates. Seniors who have an adjusted gross income at or below $75,000 and receive Social Security benefits may qualify for a yearly tax exemption. Also, the SAFESR refund lets seniors claim an annual rebate totalling 75 percent of paid property tax expenses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lenexa
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kansas
Assisted Living costs in Lenexa start around $3,616 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lenexa and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lenexa
Qualified Lenexa Medicaid recipients receive financial assistance for assisted living communities from the Frail Elderly Waiver program. This benefit-rich program also helps seniors receive free or reduced-cost financial management services, assistive technology and personal care services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lenexa
Lenexa and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lenexa, please visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lenexa
Lenexa-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lenexa, KS
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lenexa
Review of Benton House of Lenexa
We went to the Benton House of Lenexa for a tour and invited us to have lunch. The food was good, but they did not have a van available during the daytime for the residents if they wanted to run to... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Lenexa
Sunrise of Lenexa was extremely nice. The staff we talked to was extremely helpful and excellent. However, we ascertained very quickly that they would not have the level of care that we were lookin... Read more
Review of Benton House of Lenexa
My wife was in Benton House Lenexa, but she fell and is now in skilled care. I thought that the staff was very accommodating, and it seemed that they were very caring. From what I saw, the food was... Read more