Sunrise of Leawood

Reviews of Sunrise of Leawood

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Leawood

October 22, 2016

By Nanette881354

My mother-in-law is in Sunrise of Leawood. It's adequate. For what we had to work with and price, it's good. I've had some communication issues with their nursing staff. Sometimes it's good, and sometimes it's bad. The CNAs seem to be doing really well, but some of the actual nursing staff could use some help.

June 10, 2016

By Dee435577

My husband is in Sunrise. So far, it is a very nice home with very nice people who take good care of him. Their rooms are nice and roomy, but you have to decorate them yourself. I’ve tried their food, and it’s very good. The dining room is very nice. The waitresses come out, wait on you, collect your menus after you have marked them, and then bring your food out to you. They go out to lunch and walks, and have music and craft rooms. My husband does go out on walks. One of the caregivers took him down and played a couple of games of pool with him. They have pool tables and religious services.

May 31, 2016

By lanie777

I would have to say that my Fathers care in the lower level assisted living area was 5 star, except for the decline in quality of food. Once he had to move to the Memory care unit the care was severely lacking. There were some great staff members, but others there just to do their job and inattentive to residents needs. Food was an issue often served cold and had such poor nutrition my father ate 100% of meals but couldn't gain weight. Staff were slow to respond to call signals usually 20 min or more or had to go hunt them down. Was told they would get 24 hour nursing when first moved him in and that didn't happen. Evening/night staff the worst. With no nurse to keep them on their toes and supposed lead care aid who didn't take charge, it was lacking any control. Staff frequently just parking everyone in the TV area after dinner for hours calling it a movie night activity.. Staff would then sit around chatting with each other. Addressed concerns with upper management but their lack of supervision and addressing care issues had us decide to move our father out of the facility.

We’re sorry to hear you did not have a great dining experience. We’d like to learn more about this and the staffing concerns you've mentioned. Please contact us at Information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com –The Sunrise Team

September 30, 2015

Sunrise of Leawood was very inviting and clean. The staff was very friendly and seemed experience in the care that was given. The rooms were very nice and plenty. They seemed to have plenty of activities and the people that were living there seemed to be very active. Some of the people were coming from outings, they had board games, there were able to go outside in the fresh air, reading room, activity room, things to keep their minds active. The dining area seemed pleasant.

November 14, 2014

By Lisa79016850

My mom is at Sunrise of Leawood. We chose it because it is close to my office, and it is right off the highway, so it is fairly close to my home as well. Also I was impressed with the cleanliness of it. It has a very homey feel about it. It feels like a home not like a nursing home. I know my mom is very happy with the food. I think the staff that they have there who deal one-on-one with the residents are fantastic. My mom has a one-bedroom apartment with a family room, a bathroom, and a bedroom. They have a vast array of activities. They have live music, cocktail hour, different sports events, get-togethers, movies of the week, news program, church activities, arts and crafts, and field trips.

September 22, 2014

By Mary91600950

Sunrise of Leawood was bigger and nicely furnished. It was a very nice place with nice people. It was in a very nice neighborhood and it had nice grounds. However, for my husband's particular care, I don't think he had enough attention there because it was assisted living. I thought the other residents there were happy, but he is not. They don't have enough access outside than they do where he is now. It was not as secured; he jumped the fence there. However, I don't think they need to improve on anything. I thought it was more of my husband's doing than theirs and would recommend them to others.

July 24, 2013

By Kirsten4

Sunrise services were wonderful. Probably they could improve on their food, but it might just had been mom like her appetite was not used to be. But otherwise, everything else they did was great.

July 24, 2012

By aogilvie

The facility itself is very nice, nice furnishings and is always kept clean. It also smells nice. The residents seems to be in a good mood for the most part. The staff does a pretty good job of attending to the residents, but some of the nurses are incompetent when actually having to care for a patient in need.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Leawood