The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Lynbrook, NY for 2023
Also serving communities of Rockville Centre, North Woodmere, Long Beach.
There are 28 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lynbrook area, with 4 in Lynbrook and 24 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lynbrook is $7,499 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 366 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lynbrook. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lynbrook 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Hills with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 15 families in Lynbrook find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lynbrook, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Lynbrook, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lynbrook
Lynbrook began as a small farming community and became an important stage coach shop for people traveling from New York City. Today the village is home to almost 20,000 people and over 16 percent of the population is aged 65 or older. There are 26 assisted living facilities in the area offering accommodation to seniors in Lynbrook. These facilities are regulated by the New York State Department of Health and facilities are known as Adult Care Facilities (ACF) or Assisted Living Residences (ALRs), depending on the license they hold.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lynbrook
- The Sperling index rates Lynbrook's cost of living at 173, which is 73 points higher than the national average. While healthcare costs are equal to the U.S. average, other everyday items, including groceries and transportation, are more expensive and may impact the budget of seniors in the area.
- Lynbrook's overall crime rate of 6 crimes per 1,000 residents is lower than 81 percent of communities in New York. The violent crime rate of 0.91 is almost three points lower than the state average of 3.57 and the property crime rate is almost 10 points lower at 5.22. This may be reassuring to safety-conscious seniors.
- The Lynbrook area is home to world-class medical facilities, including South Nassau Communities Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- New York State, including Lynbrook, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Lynbrook has warm summers and cold winters. In July the average high is 83 degrees and the low in January is around 25. The village gets 23 inches of snow each year, 3 inches less than the national average. There's only 170 days of sunshine each year, 35 fewer than the U.S. average, which may disappoint seniors looking for a sunny retirement.
- New York does not collect income tax on Social Security Income or public pensions from the federal government or New York governments. Other forms of income are taxable but a large deduction is available to taxpayers aged 60 and over, which can help seniors put more money towards their assisted living budget.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lynbrook
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Lynbrook start around $7,499 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lynbrook and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lynbrook
The Optional State Supplement (OSS) may provide financial assistance to seniors in Lynbrook who receive income from Social Security. The Assisted Living Program (ALP) also offers financial assistance to a limited number of people.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lynbrook
Lynbrook and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lynbrook, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lynbrook
Lynbrook-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lynbrook, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lynbrook
Review of Atria Park of Lynbrook
I walked into Atria Park of Lynbrook and it looked like a hotel. The community was renovated and is beautiful and modern. My wife and I were given a tour by Lauren and she was extremely knowledgeab... Read more
Review of Sunrise of North Lynbrook
The people at Sunrise of North Lynbrook were nice and welcoming. If you have any questions, they explain the answers to you and make you understand everything. It's very clean and very homey. Read more
Review of Atria Park of Lynbrook
Atria Park of Lynbrook was very, very friendly. It's very clean and their rooms were big. The one that they showed us was well-decorated. It was very nice. I liked the aesthetics. Read more