Sunrise of Plainview

1231 Old Country Road, Plainview, NY 11803
Sunrise of Plainview (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 66 days

Ask about our special savings through December 31, 2021!

Reviews of Sunrise of Plainview

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Plainview

January 09, 2014

By ERP

My husband who had Alzheimer's was a resident of the dementia unit of this facility for almost 2 years. We moved him from another Assisted Living facility where he was one of 40 residents and did not get enough care, was left unattended and we had to hire an Aide 24/7 in order for him to get the care he needed. He was very well taken care of here. There were only 18 residents and they all seemed to get good personaL CARE.The place was always very cheerful, I was always greeted by the staff. He was kept clean and comfortable. When his condition worsened he was fed his meals and tho he hardly spoke the staff always spoke to him and encouraged him to respond. When they noticed medical problems they called his doctor and when necessary sent him to the local hospital to be evaluated. I would recommend this place highly for the level of care given.

August 27, 2013

By Michael G.1

Aside from assisted living, Sunrise of Plainview also has memory care. My daughter works for this facility and so probably it is also where I would end up. They're expensive, although I like this facility because it is closer to my children. As I went to see my daughter, I also met with some of the management people there. I also got to see the facility and to me, it was very nice. The people seemed very happy there as well.

February 03, 2013

By momforsports

Other

This is the worst Sunrise in the system. They are tiny, there dementia unit is very small and the woman who runs it is very cold and uncaring. She doesn't seem to have a total understanding of the needs and the daily changes of a resident with Dementia. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY TO ANYONE WHO NEEDS THIS KIND OF CARE.

Thank you for your message. Our team members are committed to providing quality care and we are very proud of the joy they bring to residents every day. We encourage you to contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com to share your specific concerns.

July 05, 2012

By marissadg

My father and I took a tour of this facility to see if it would be a good fit for my grandma, who has Alzheimer's, and my grandpa who was a diabetic. We needed to make sure that the facility had a program for my grandmother that would allow her to interact with other Alzheimer's patients and keep her brain in use, which it did. The facility also told us that they would be able to provide a diet to help keep my grandpa's sugar levels in check. The facility was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly and caring, and very accommodating. The reason why my grandparents did not wind up here was due to the size and feel of the facility. It was very small and residents seemed to not have enough room to go about their day without being in each other's way. There were also a large amount of wheelchairs and walkers blocking walking paths, due to the lack of space. We also did not end up having them live there because the other sunrise facility we toured felt more like a home than an assisted living center.

Photos of Sunrise of Plainview

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Plainview

• Features Extra: Library

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 To 1 (Al) 4 To 1 (Alz)

• Licenses: ALR License with Enhanced Care and Special Needs