26 Assisted Living Facilities near Plainview, NY
Also serving communities of Melville, Woodbury.
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Plainview area, with 3 in Plainview and 23 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Plainview is $5,323 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 310 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Plainview. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Plainview 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Huntington Station with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Plainview find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Plainview, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Plainview, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Plainview
Plainview, New York, is situated on Long Island in Nassau County. The city is approximately 35 miles from the center of New York City and has a senior population of 18.6 percent. Plainview is home to many religious communities, including Jewish, Christian and Sikh. This interfaith region is home to 26 assisted living facilities. In the state of New York, assisted living facilities are referred to as adult care facilities and are regulated by the New York State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Plainview
- The Plainview area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Plainview Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- With the national average cost of living scored at 100, the overall cost of living in Plainview is scored at 188. Seniors who choose to live in this area will find the housing costs to be the most expensive cost in Plainview, at nearly three times the average of national housing costs.
- Plainview has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Plainview Old Bethpage Senior Citizen Club, an organization that offers a senior lunch program as well as activities and outings to provide seniors with recreational and socialization opportunities.
- Seniors in the Plainview area have many options for public transportation. The county is served by the Nassau Inter-County Express Bus system as well as the Metropolitan Transportation Authority Long Island Rail Road transit system which provides service to New York City. Senior citizens who ride either public transportation method qualify for half-off regular fare prices.
- With only eight crimes per 1,000 citizens, Plainview is considered safer than 77 percent of all other U.S. cities. Such low crime rates might suggest Plainview is a safe option for seniors searching for assisted living in New York.
- Plainview experiences both warm and cold weather, with average July highs around 84 degrees and the average January low around 25 degrees. On a scale of one to 100, with 100 being the most comfortable climate, Plainview receives a 53, one point lower than the average national climate comfort level.
Paying for Assisted Living in Plainview
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Plainview start around $5,323 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Plainview and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Plainview
Seniors seeking financial aid to fund assisted living in Plainview should look to the Medicaid program's Assisted Living Program waiver. This statewide opportunity is restricted to 4,200 persons and is available to private-paying and Medicaid recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Plainview
Plainview and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Plainview, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Plainview
Plainview-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Plainview, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Plainview
Review of Atria Plainview
My friend seems to be adapting very well at Atria Plainview. The staff has always been very polite and nice to me. Her room is fine; she got it furnished. She has a TV and a phone in her room. It w... Read more
Review of Atria Plainview
My mother was at Atria Plainview. It was good at the beginning, but it has gone downhill and she's not getting the care that she needs. She had a deluxe studio, which was like a small one-bedroom. ... Read more
Review of Somerset Gardens Senior Living
My brother and I weren't overwhelmed with Somerset Gardens Senior Living. We didn't look at any of the apartments nor try any of the food. It was older looking. The director seemed very pleasant. T... Read more