Christian Fellowship House

Reviews of Christian Fellowship House

Assisted Living Reviews for Christian Fellowship House

October 10, 2019

By Barbara

We saw Christian Fellowship House, but it turned out not to be a good fit for my mom because most of the rooms do not have bathrooms in the bedroom itself, and it's too much for her to walk down the hallway to use a restroom. It was a lovely, very nice place. The grounds were beautiful, and the staff was friendly. The downside was the layout of the rooms, most of the rooms were double rooms as opposed to single, and the bathrooms were down the hall.

July 03, 2019

By george

My mother-in-law was a resident for two years prior to her passing. While able to walk with a walker independently when she entered, she had dementia and needed a good deal of assistance with daily living. The staff and management were wonderful, giving her dignity and understanding her personal preferences in food, activities, etc. The facility is on 10 beautiful acres and offered serenity for my mother in law who had enjoyed her sitting out viewing her own backyard before needing to relocate. My wife and I were always confident that Mildred was safe and receiving excellent, personalized care. This place is an answer to prayer. It has only +/- 45 residents and a very attentive, loving staff.

May 07, 2019

By R4272019

We chose Christian Fellowship House for my mother. It's like a mansion that's been converted. She has improved there, and she has that feeling of comfort and security. Her stress level is a lot lower, so she's much more interactive. This was a very good move for her. It reminds her of her family. It has elements of things that are reassuring. It's a very quiet community. The whole area is very mellow and quiet and it's a really good fit for her. The staff is very interactive and on top of things. The food seems to be pretty good. She hasn't complained about it. The activities are enough to engage her. It's very good. She seems to be pretty content with everything.

December 03, 2018

By Virginia

I wasn't impressed with Christian Fellowship House. The people were not motivated to do well. The staff member came up, introduced themselves to me, and told me that when I live there they'll provide me with a buddy to show me around and I can ask that Buddy questions. The facilities were beautiful, decorated very cheerfully, and very welcoming.

May 08, 2018

By Randy

Christian Fellowship House was a lovely place. I saw a single room and a double room that had two beds in it. The staff was fantastic, absolutely lovely, very welcoming, warm, congenial, and polite. The place was very pretty, and the grounds were phenomenal. They also have a lot of activities. I was very happy with the placem but it was a little farther away. Their pricing was really good too. The dining room and the sitting areas were lovely. It had a lot of antiques like an old mansion. What makes the place really good is the fact that it's smaller and only has around 40 residents, so everything is personalized in many ways. All the residents looked very happy. The only thing I didn't like was that there were no bathrooms in the rooms.

Thank You so much for the lovely review. Many of our bedrooms have a bath inside the room. You probably looked at one where the bathroom was next to the room. We are usually full capacity, so sometimes the only one available might not be the one you desire. But the best idea is to come in, & then when your preferred room opens up we can always move you. Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us.

November 29, 2016

By MDoc

We moved from PA to NY a few years ago and we had to move my Mom from her facility in Pennsylvania to a facility in the Syosset area. We received some recommendations from friends that included the Fellowship House. As soon as we walked in, spoke to Pam, and met some of the staff, we were convinced it was the right place. In her PA facility Mom was introverted, largely stayed in her room, and avoided most social situations. She complained constantly and was almost never in a good mood. Only a few weeks after joining the Fellowship House family Mom's mood was turned around. She was active with the other residents, her complaining vanished, and she was overall happy. Over the past two years the staff at the Fellowship House have proven to be very caring, attentive, and professional partners in the care of Mom. I stress partners because they are very good about communicating suggestions, issues, any status changes in a clear, timely, and caring way. The care at the Fellowship House has been great, and given Mom's progress, we would highly recommend the Christian Fellowship House.

August 16, 2015

By Aunt Su

Beautiful grounds, people who obviously care. Would not want a loved one to be anywhere else.

June 22, 2015

My mom receives very caring attention and is very happy. The staff is very attentive, and they keep the residents busy with many activities.

May 08, 2012

By TommyTD

My experience with the Christian Fellowship House could not have been better. The staff there was very nice and helpful with all of the procedures and care they provided. I liked how involved and kind the staff was to the people staying there, and how close and involved some of them would get. The rooms and areas were very spacious and beautifully decorated, giving a feeling of liveliness and excitement. There where many activity rooms such as for music and games. I also really liked how that i was able to visit any time I wished and the staff there were very accommodating with all of my fathers needs. He genuinely enjoyed the food there and the people he got to meet while staying there.

Memory Care Reviews for Christian Fellowship House

Questions about Christian Fellowship House

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Christian Fellowship House. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

70's to 90's, our residents range from being able to take care of all their ADLs, to those who need full care. Residents enjoy sitting on the patio, participating in afternoon activities, watching a movie or socializing with one another.

What programs or activities does Christian Fellowship House offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have many activities including daily exercise, bingo, sing a longs, pet therapy, music, movies, golf cart rides on our beautiful grounds, arts & crafts, balloon volleyball, parties, physical therapy, etc...

What places are near Christian Fellowship House or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Residents generally choose to enjoy walks on the grounds. Christian Fellowship House is on 10 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens with wonderful opportunities to spend time outdoors. Stores are a short drive away.

What transportation services does Christian Fellowship House offer to assisted living residents?

Christian Fellowship House residents have an opportunity to visit local stores and religious services once weekly.

What makes the chef or dining program at Christian Fellowship House exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Christian Fellowship House prides itself on providing home-cooked meals prepared by professional chefs. Tasty meals are planned to meet nutritional requirements and dietary needs. Aromas from the kitchen during meal times provide a sense of well-being and peacefulness.

What safety features or security measures does Christian Fellowship House offer to assisted living residents?

Christian Fellowship House is equipped with central station fire and security systems. The facility's generator will ensure full operation during emergencies and a video surveillance system covers the entire facility and the surrounding grounds. Live-in staff and aides are on-site 24 hours a day/7 days a day.

How does Christian Fellowship House keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Open communication is encouraged and families are provided private cell phone numbers for the administrator and other key staff. Families are invited to holiday celebrations and could visit at their convenience. Families are alerted immediately when a situation arises.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Christian Fellowship House during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing is based on the needs of residents. Extra aides are scheduled when more residents require assistance with their ADLs. Aides and Live-In staff are on hand to provide assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

If Christian Fellowship House accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Christian Fellowship House is a family operated facility. The family's dogs and cats are frequent visitors and horses are on-site for the resident's pleasure. Christian Fellowship House is a pet friendly home and would consider allowing a resident to have a pet if they were able to care for it themselves.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff is provided month in-service training relating to industry standards and best practices for working with seniors. Key staff ion each shift is CPR and first aid trained.

What safety features or security measures does Christian Fellowship House provide to protect residents who wander?

Outside doors are alarmed, courtyard gates locked and an aide is assigned to watching the general population while others are providing services.

Costs for Christian Fellowship House

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: 400-E-264

About Christian Fellowship House

The family behind Christian Fellowship House has been involved in caring for the needy for 150 years, starting with an orphanage in Germany circa 1840. They established housing for retired seamen in New York City from 1920-1945, and built nursing and adult homes in Long Island and New Jersey. The family is now in its 6th generation of upholding this fine tradition and is direct descendants of Dr. Martin Luther.

Wide range of services and amenities

• On-site living
  • Beauty salon
  • Landscaped walking paths
  • Personal care
  • Home cooked meals
  • Security

Loving care and spiritual encouragement in senior years

Trust your loved ones to the care of a family run, non-denominational facility. This is a family that you can trust with your loved ones, primarily because of God's grace and mercy. In April of 2009, Rev. Paul & Florence Steffens' daughter, Pamela Horvath, was appointed as the new administrator. Pam has been assisting her father for many years, and Steve and Pam Horvath make a great team in running the business.

Map of Christian Fellowship House