Atria Glen Cove

Reviews of Atria Glen Cove

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Glen Cove

August 04, 2021

By Barbarac

I have been living here 4 months. To my surprise I like living here very much. I am satisfied with the room and meals. The place is lovely and its a nice adventure to meet new people. The activities especially the entertainment is very good.

Barbara, It's been our pleasure to welcome you to our community. Your feedback is so important to us, so thank you for sharing. Thank you for choosing Atria!

August 04, 2021

By Johns

I am a resident here at Atria Glen Cove. The staff are attentive and helpful. They all do their best to meet our needs. The staff make friends with us and I enjoy getting to know them. The staff always bend over backwards to support you.

John, Your compliments are a highlight for our team. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for choosing Atria.

August 03, 2021

By Solomon

I'm in Atria Glen Cove. There has been a change in shifts here and the food goes from fair to sometimes good. Most of the time, it's fair to eatable. They serve something here called chili that is nothing like chili. They took very excellent care of the residents and the people that work here and we had no fatalities to the best of my knowledge. We had a couple of women come down with the virus, but I don't think they picked it up in our facility. They went to the hospital several times for other things and I think that's where they picked it up. If we had the bug in the building, there would have been probably two dozen people come down with it. It's a five-story building with about 75 apartments. They don't have a freight elevator. All of these facility buildings should have freight elevators because I couldn't move in a nice piece of furniture that I wanted to. They couldn't get it in the regular elevator and they said it was too big to take up the stairs. The people that work here are all wonderful. It's a pleasure dealing with them. The apartment is sufficient for myself and I have it set up the way I like. There is a residence council that we have for the betterment of the facility and help for the residents. They've elected the president. The activities director is a wonderful woman. I can't say enough about her. She's in charge of getting the different musical people that come in. We go to a restaurant usually every couple of weeks, usually on a Wednesday. I'm in a one-bedroom apartment which is sufficient for my needs. The only thing is I wish they had an extra closet. They try to do their best. Unfortunately, the chefs change. We have a new one for the past month and I speak to him about getting certain things like certain ice creams. With the previous chef, he would never want to get any ice cream other than chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. I would give my rating based on how good they took care of us during the pandemic. We had no fatalities as far as I'm aware. The employees are very wonderful, helpful and very, very nice. I play Bridge twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays. So Mondays and Thursdays I have a late dinner. Otherwise, I have been there between 5:00 and 6:00. The later one is between 6:00 and 7:00. I'm a house player. I'm a life master in Bridge. What I missed the most was not being able to play Bridge once the pandemic started because it only picked up about six weeks ago. It's a good building because there's about 75 apartments. In other words, it's not 200 residents, which is very good. It's a nice residence.

Soloman, We take your comments seriously, and have shared your comments with our Director of Culinary Services. We take pride in delivering quality service each and every day, so thank you for sharing your experience.

July 29, 2021

By Barbarpordy

My wife and I have been living at Atria Glen Cove for Three months. The Atria Glen Cove is an excellent place to live. The staff is very helpful. The food is very good. There are plenty of activities for my wife and I to participate in. My experience here has been excellent. I highly recommend this facility to everyone.

We're thrilled to have you and your wife call our community home. Your feedback is important to us, so thank you for sharing your experience. Thank you for choosing Atria!

June 16, 2021

By Nina S

My mother has been living at Atria for 3 years. Atria is a beautiful residence with an attentive and warm staff. The senior managers are caring and deeply connected to the residents.

Hi Nina, Your compliments are a highlight for our team. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for choosing Atria.

June 03, 2021

By Jimmy D

The staff is extremely friendly and nice and helpful, the facility is meticulously maintained and cleaned, just an extremely pleasant environment.

Jimmy, Your compliments mean the world to our team. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for choosing Atria.

May 12, 2021

By Rabbi Liss

My mom moved in the end of December, 2020 after being hospitalized and going to rehab. Despite the Covid restrictions, the staff were very responsive to my Mom’s needs with medical care and supervision to make sure she was getting enough food and hydration. The staff is wonderful, her apartment is lovely and she is happy there. Activities have opened, she gets her hair done regularly and is thriving again. I am very happy with the Atria and the responsiveness of the staff in immediately addressing any questions or issues we have had. I am sure as covid restrictions relax more there will be more activities to engage the residents.

Hello, Your compliments are a highlight for our team. Thank you for your support of us throughout the pandemic, and thank you for sharing your experience.

April 25, 2021

By Thoughts from the Gordon Family

After 60 years of living on their own, my mom needed help for herself as well as to care for my dad. Because of Covid, it was a difficult time and we knew they needed assisted living. Because of the proximity close to my sister, we chose the Atria Glen Cove. Unfortunately, my father passed away six days after moving to the Atria. But we are so grateful my mom is in a place where she is cared for in all ways. Services for her emotional and physical health are provided. The staff is truly patient and compassionate and it's a lovely facility. I know this was the right placement for my mom. I am impressed with how well this Atria is run. Even the people at the front reception desk are kind and caring to the residents. This is a wonderful community.

Your compliments mean the world to our team. And we're so happy to have your mom continue calling Atria home. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for choosing Atria.

March 07, 2021

By Danielle

My mom has been a resident of Atria Glen Cove for four weeks now. She is allowed to leave the residence for a day, but there are really no activities there right now. It's very difficult because of COVID, and when they're inside, they're basically quarantined in their rooms, so it wouldn't be a fair assessment. The place was renovated eight years ago, so it is very lovely looking. My mom's room is a single room of a very nice size, very new, and very clean. The staff members are very good, very friendly, and very attentive, but that's all I can say at this time. She is not happy with the food, however. We have chosen Atria Glen Cove because of its price point, the way it looks, and the fact that they had a very nicely sized room. The staff was very friendly and attentive. They have a doctor and a nurse on staff, and they also have a podiatrist that comes in. My mom is getting physical therapy. They have a hair salon on the premises several days a week. For all those reasons, it seems to be a very good facility.

January 23, 2021

By Anthony

My father has been in the same place for a few years. It's called the Atria in Glen Cove. Overall, I would say it's very good. When he first moved in, of course, he was in a much better shape than where he is now. He probably only has a couple of weeks and it will be the end. It's a very good place, they do a lot to keep the people engaged, and the food is good. Not much bad that I can say other than it's expensive, but I guess that's universally true. They use their own scale for the levels of care, so I'm not sure about it, but right now he needs 24-hour medication. Before he got really sick they gave him his medications only twice a day, and they also do the laundry and housekeeping. Other than that he's on his own. Before COVID the activities were good. They have their own theater, they have games, exercises, and they have organized things like musical groups who come in to perform. They have parties during the holidays. Post COVID, they've been pretty much in their rooms for a long time. During the course of the pandemic, they sometimes tighten up or loosen up, depending on how bad things are. They have a library, a large screen TV, and a pool table. They also have local trips, they have a van that takes people to shopping or local sites and parks. It's very good, I doubt there are too many better places than Atria. The dining area is pretty big. I don't know the number of tables, but it's a pretty good size area, and the food is quite good. It's pretty good, I have no complaints. I think it costs a lot of money, but I think all the places like it cost a lot of money. Maybe the place next door is just as much.

Anthony, Thank you for sharing your family's experience, and thank you for supporting us through the pandemic. We value your feedback and strive to deliver quality service every day.

November 24, 2020

By Jennapher

I moved into Atria Glen Cove. This building is nice, I have my own bedroom, there's like a living room area, and a big closet. Before I moved in, we discussed my furniture; I was supposed to get my own furniture. I ordered a table, two chairs, a recliner, and a TV. They didn't let me have it. I didn't get it. I heard the TV was delivered to the wrong room, they never got the money for the TV, I ordered it from them. The place I was before somehow blocked up all my finances, and I wasn't able to get a cent, and I don't know what happened. The food was very good when I came. I gained like four or five pounds, but the cook was fired. The cook left, so this last week the food has not been good. Even when I came they had a menu. You tell them each day what you want, they give you a choice. I don't consider myself on a special diet, but I do not eat pork, I do not drink coffee, I drink tea. It was the way she wrote it, she made it like an "N." They had like different dinners that they marked one and two, but she made it straight so it looked like a two, but it was supposed to be no bacon, so when I got the sandwich, I got double bacon. Things aren't communicated well, it's just not. All they have right now is a movie for activities, but the building is good.

Hello, We're thrilled to have you part of the Atria family. Your feedback is important to us, so thank you for sharing your experience.

February 10, 2020

By Raymond

Atria Glen Cove was very nice, very clean, they have enough activities, and such, and I looked at a 1-bedroom there. I liked them, they were very nice, very helpful, and they're also on the expensive side. The amenities they had were very adequate, it seemed there would be enough to do and give them a good lifestyle.

Raymond, We take pride in serving our residents and families with quality service each day. Thank you for visiting us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Feel free to contact us if we can answer any other questions.

September 25, 2019

By Pemby

Executive staff, quality and prompt maintenance, wellness of residents, housekeeping, recreation, entertainment, laundry, parking, good elevator service, physical workout equipment, hair salon,, cleanliness, transportation to appointments et. seq. My full expectations of all the above have been met here. Residents are friendly and professional staff is without criticism

Pemby, It is our pleasure to serve each of our residents and their families with quality service. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

May 03, 2018

By Kathleen

Atria Glen Cove seems to have a more focused program on people getting to know each other. They seem to also have more food choices. One thing that's bad about it is there seems to be no parking. They are also more expensive. The room I saw was far better than any of the rooms I've seen before, and they looked like a place with apartments.

Kathleen, thanks for your feedback! We also operate many other communities on Long Island and throughout the New York metro area – a full listing can be found on our website, AtriaSeniorLiving.com. If you have additional questions or would like to talk more, feel free to send me a note at CustomerService@AtriaSeniorLiving.com.

May 26, 2016

By AT641578

Atria Glen Cove was very nice and very clean, and the food seemed to be very good. The residents seemed very happy. There were activities. The staff was very friendly, but they didn't provide the care that my mom needed. The dining room and social recreations were excellent.

September 08, 2014

I’ve only visited Atria Glen Cove. The facility is beautiful. It looks fantastic. The rooms were very nice. The staff seemed great, but they don’t have really a dedicated Alzheimer’s unit, so I’m not sure that it’s the right fit for my parents.

September 29, 2011

By Lana Ardsley

The grounds and facilities were absolutely beautiful, especially after the establishment's more recent renovations. Everything is brand new and looks great; it is a very good aesthetic environment. The quality of the furnishings is very nice, very top quality and visually pleasing, very fashionable and still equally comfortable. However the residents did not seem to be that lively but it may have just been another lazy Sunday; all of the residents were relaxing and rather quiet in the main common area. The staff was so-so, some were very friendly and interactive with the residents while others kept to themselves and did not interact as much, it would have been much nicer to see a more enthusiastic and interactive staff overall. The food and the services seemed to be rather nice though it could be better if the staff was overall more friendly, approachable and interactive with all of the residents.

July 28, 2011

By Garito

I visited the Atria in the winter before it closed for renovations. I was looking for a place for my dad that is relatively close to where I live. It was one of the nicer facilities in terms of overall looks but I did not like the way some of the staff members treated the patients. I witnessed several staff members having inclusive conversations with one another instead of focusing on the residents. They almost acted like they, (the residents,) weren't there. Many of the residents also looked bored and unhappy in the common area which is supposed to be a place of non-stop entertainment at least according to the administrator I spoke with

Hello, We take pride in our quality service, and it's important to hear about your experience. We are also available if you have future concerns.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Glen Cove

September 19, 2013

By Peter10

I knew Atria Glen Cove very well because I had my office around the location for about 25 years, so that was a big plus for me. I'm very impressed with it. It is clean. It has a nice environment. People there are friendly. The staff is very nice, cordial and helpful. I haven't had the occasion to eat there but the food looks nice. I'm very pleased with it.

Costs for Atria Glen Cove

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: 400-S-324

• Get Costs

About Atria Glen Cove

The city of Glen Cove is a community like no other. Nestled in the woods of Long Island's North Shore, Glen Cove is an ideal place to call home. Since 1997, Atria Glen Cove has been a proud part of this special community, actively involved in all facets of life here. Now, Atria Glen Cove has been thoughtfully and purposefully redesigned to provide North Shore seniors with even more reasons to call it home. You'll find Atria Glen Cove in the center of the city on the Village Square. You'll also find our residents involved in every aspect of local community life. In addition, we offer residents easy access to community festivals and events.

Services
    • Care staff and a licensed nurse on site
    • Emergency call system in every apartment
    • Housekeeping and personal laundry services
    • Salon services, including haircuts and color, manicures and pedicures
    • Scheduled transportation to appointments, shopping, events and more
    • A full social calendar of events
    • Retreat and temporary stays available
    Amenities
    • A restaurant featuring gourmet menus prepared by talented chefs and served by a dedicated, professional wait staff
    • A cafe open all hours for a hot cup of coffee or a snack
    • A club room with a bistro offering chef-led cooking demonstrations and a lively happy hour
    • A gorgeous movie theater with cinema-style seating, large projection screen and surround sound
    • A new cognitive learning center with computers and software designed to keep your mind sharp
    • Beautiful new kitchenettes and finishes in apartments
    • Thoughtfully renovated common spaces with elegant decor and furnishings
    • A relaxing new salon
    • A state-of-the-art physical therapy and fitness center with new senior-friendly equipment
    • A covered entryway and remodeled facade
    • Studio, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom apartments available

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Glen Cove