The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Glen Cove, NY for 2023
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Glen Cove area, with 3 in Glen Cove and 19 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Glen Cove is $5,616 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,870. Cheaper nearby regions include Oyster Bay with an average starting cost of $3,550.
To help you with your search, browse the 304 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Glen Cove. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Glen Cove 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Greenwich with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Glen Cove find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Glen Cove, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Glen Cove, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Glen Cove
Situated on the North Shore of Long Island, the diverse city of Glen Cove has a population of more than 26,000 people, of which nearly 25 percent are age 60 and over. Seniors in this area have 21 assisted living facilities to choose from, including three within the city proper. Here, assisted living facilities are licensed by New York's Department of Health. They are categorized as Adult Homes, Enriched Housing Programs and Assisted Living Residences, depending on the level of care they offer and what type of licensing requirements they meet.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Glen Cove
- While Glen Cove’s winters are cold, with lows in the 20s, the region receives slightly less snow than the national average, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy traveling. Summers in Glen Cove are mild and comfortable, with highs in the low-80s.
- Glen Cove is a relatively expensive city, with an overall cost of living that is about 65 percent higher than the national average. Seniors can expect to spend about 20 percent more on groceries and 10 percent more on health care and transportation than they would elsewhere.
- Glen Cove is a safe city for seniors, with an overall crime rate that is 76 percent below the state average and 84 percent below the national average. In regards to violent crime, the city’s average is 84 percent below both the state and national median, and the rate of property crime here is 75 percent lower than the state average and 84 percent lower than the national average.
- Glen Cove is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Glen Cove area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Glen Cove Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Glen Cove has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Glen Cove Senior Community Service Centers, an organization that provides hot meals, transportation, education and other services to seniors, regardless of their ability to pay for services.
Paying for Assisted Living in Glen Cove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Glen Cove start around $5,616 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Glen Cove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Glen Cove
While New York does not provide public subsidization of services, low-income seniors who are eligible for Medicaid may have their services covered through the state’s Long-Term Home Health Program 1915(c) Waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Glen Cove
Glen Cove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Glen Cove, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Glen Cove
Glen Cove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Glen Cove
Review of Glengariff Health Care Center
Staff is rude. Phone calls are NEVER returned! Staff has no knowledge of what's going on with their patients. The only good thing about this place is it's clean and the front desk gentleman Mr. L Read more
Review of Atria Glen Cove
Interactions with staff can be challenging when it involves medical issues. Make sure there is alignment on medications and treatment. The rooms are nice and kept clean. My mother enjoys the uni... Read more
Review of Atria Glen Cove
My aunt and I met with Judith for a tour and to gather information. I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the facility and the cheerfulness of the staff and residents. Judith answered all of o... Read more