23 Assisted Living Facilities near Great Neck, NY
Also serving communities of Port Washington, Little Neck, Sands Point.
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Great Neck area, with 2 in Great Neck and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Great Neck is $5,230 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 148 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Great Neck. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Great Neck 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Hills with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Great Neck, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Great Neck, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Great Neck
The village of Great Neck is located in a region of Long Island that's also called Great Neck. There are currently around 10,000 people living in the village and almost 19 percent are aged 65 and older. There are 23 assisted living facilities in the Great Neck area accommodating seniors. These facilities are referred to as Adult Care Facilities or Assisted Living Residences and are licensed by the New York State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Great Neck
- The Great Neck area is home to world-class medical facilities, including North Shore University Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Great Neck has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Great Neck Social Center, an organization that enhances senior life through physical, social and intellectual experiences as well as more than two senior centers.
- The Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE) provides public transport in Great Neck and riders aged 65 and older ae eligible for a discounted fare. NICE also has a paratransit service and the Long Island Rail Road connects Great Neck train station to Manhattan.
- Great Neck's cold winters may be challenging to seniors who prefer to spend their time outside. The average low temperature in January is 25 degrees and the city gets 23 inches of snow each year, 3 inches fewer than the national average. There are only 168 sunny days each year, almost 40 less than the U.S. average, which may also keep seniors inside.
- Seniors may feel safer knowing that Great Neck's overall crime rate is lower than 71 percent of America's towns and cities. The violent crime rate is 0.39, over three points lower than the state average. The property crime rate is 8.64, significantly lower than the New York average of 15.14.
- Great Neck has a high cost of living, with a rating of 301 on the Sperling index, 201 points higher than the U.S. average of 100. This is largely due to very high housing costs, but everyday expenses including transport, groceries and healthcare are still equal to or higher than the national average. This can impact the budget of seniors on a fixed income.
Paying for Assisted Living in Great Neck
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Great Neck start around $5,230 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Great Neck and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Great Neck
New York has an Optional State Supplement (OSS) which can provide financial assistance to seniors who receive Social Security Income. People in asssited living in Great Neck may also be able to access funding through the Assisted Living Program (ALP), although it's only available to a limited number of people.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Great Neck
Great Neck and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Great Neck, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Great Neck
Great Neck-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Great Neck
Review of Atria Cutter Mill
Atria Cutter Mill was a very nice place. It looked very new, clean, and very nice. It was impressive. The staff member who showed me around was very helpful. It seemed like they had lots of activit... Read more
Review of Atria Cutter Mill
Atria Cutter Mill allows pets and my mother has a little dog. It was more urban, while the other places was a little bit of a country setting. It's on the main street and in the middle of hustle an... Read more
Review of Atria Cutter Mill
A year ago my daughters were urging me to move to Atria but I was hesitant to leave my apartment of 55 years! But I took the leap and moved to Atria Cuttermill on October 1st. Now I have friendship... Read more