Sutton Gardens Senior Living

Reviews of Sutton Gardens Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Sutton Gardens Senior Living

June 26, 2018

By Susan

Sutton Gardens is smaller than the other senior places I visited. When you first go in you're in the dining area, which they also use for bingo. Bingo was going on for a long time while I was there, although not too many people were playing it, and some were just watching TV. Nobody looked happy or animated. They were all just sitting there. They served dinner, and the food looked OK. The place is kept clean and there wasn’t any smell. I can suggest that maybe they can add a little more color to the décor to make it less institutional, and some diversity to the activities.

April 14, 2017

By Doris544306

I liked the environment at Sutton Gardens, but the place itself had more of a nursing home atmosphere than assisted living. However, the engagement was very nice. Pretty much everybody was out of their rooms and in the common areas coloring, singing, or doing some kind of activity, which was nice.

September 19, 2016

By Visitor732354

The one that we went to was horrible; it was Sutton Gardens. The lady who toured us was nice, but all the people were sitting there and looked like they were half dead. Nobody was awake; they were all sitting there sleeping with their heads down. The rooms were small. There was no way we’re going to consider that. The staff was fine; they talked to us, and they were friendly and nice, but it just wasn’t the place that we wanted. It depressed me.

May 26, 2016

By AT641578

I did not like Sutton Gardens at all. It was not very clean and had a very bad odor to it, but it could've been just the day I went. I didn't even finish my visit there. It was a small environment. The residents there need a higher level of care and seemed to all be lost or in their own world. We passed by the dining area, and I didn't like it. It didn't look very appealing.

November 30, 2015

By Morton2

Sutton Gardens Assisted Living is a good community for retired senior citizens. I didn't spend that much time there, but the rooms and apartments looked fine to me. They had wooden chairs and round tables in the dining room that seemed adequate. They have a calendar of activities, too. The place was very secure. The community itself as a whole is enough for a senior.

Memory Care Reviews for Sutton Gardens Senior Living

• Diabetic

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Sutton Gardens Senior Living

Welcome to Sutton Gardens Assisted Living

Here at Sutton Gardens, your beloved family member is in caring, compassionate hands. Our personalized “home-like” environment allows us to give individualized attention to each resident.

Established over 40 years ago, our community resi¬dence has been built on a reputation of outstand¬ing service provided by a caring staff of devoted professionals. Sutton Gardens is centrally located in Queens, New York, within close proximity to all major highways and public transportation. Family owned and operated, Sutton Gardens is a haven of active daily living, designed for your loved ones when you need it most.

Whether it’s the spacious outdoor areas and gardens or the quiet library and regular housekeeping services, our staff takes the time to make your stay with us as comfortable, enjoyable, and relaxing as possible.

All Of Our Residents Receive:
  • Personal care assistance with all activities of daily living
  • Three healthy nutritious restaurant style meals served daily
  • Snacks throughout the day
  • Special attention to dietary requirements in accordance with state certified nutritionists
  • Onsite rehabilitation services
  • Pharmacy services
  • Medical diagnostic services including lab services, EKG scans and X-rays
  • Medication management and supervision
  • Charming, semi-private and private, air conditioned and furnished accommodations
  • Care coordination and case management
  • 24-hour supervision by expertly trained staff
  • Professional staff trained for dementia residents
  • Doctors on call 24/7 and community weekly visits or as needed
  • Coordination of medical appointments

At Sutton Gardens, We strive to add enjoyment to every resident’s stay. That’s why we offer such a wide selection of activities and events for our residents to take part in. From daily tea to monthly concerts and dancing, we offer a wide selection of enjoyable opportunities for you to take advantage of.

Give us a call to find out more details about our activities and events or to schedule a personal visit.

We provide the highest level of personal care in secure, comfortable, home-like surroundings where our attention is always on the well-being and dignity of our cherished residents.

Map of Sutton Gardens Senior Living