80 Assisted Living Facilities near Forest Hills, NY
Also serving communities of Rego Park.
There are 80 Assisted Living Facilities in the Forest Hills area, with 2 in Forest Hills and 78 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Forest Hills is $5,995 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Kew Gardens with an average starting cost of $4,695.
To help you with your search, browse the 596 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Forest Hills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Forest Hills 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bridgewater with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Forest Hills find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Forest Hills, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Forest Hills, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Forest Hills
Forest Hills, New York, is a residential community of the borough of Queens in New York City. Forest Hills is intersected by Austin Street, a road known for its exceptional restaurants, offering seniors plenty of food, music and entertainment. Additionally, Forest Hills is known for its tennis culture, and seniors who enjoy playing tennis will find convenient access to the renowned West Side Tennis Club. There are also 56 assisted living facilities near Forest Hills. The New York State Department of Health refers to assisted living facilities as adult care facilities (ACF). ACFs are regulated by the Department of Health and are defined as centers providing long-term, residential services to adults who cannot live independently.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Forest Hills
- There are many options for public transportation for seniors living in Forest Hills. The New York City Subway has many stations in the neighborhood, and residents can ride the E, F, M and R lines in the area. Several Metropolitan Transit Transportation Authority buses also serve Forest Hills. Seniors qualify for half-fare prices for both bus and subway fare.
- The Forest Hills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Long Island Jewish Forest Hills Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Forest Hills has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Queen's Community House Forest Hills Neighborhood Senior Center, an organization that provides community meals, activities and information, health screenings and transportation services.
- Forest Hills is considered one of the safer neighborhoods of New York City, with a crime rate that is 63 percent lower than the national average. Seniors have a one in 96 chance of becoming a victim of violent or property crime in Forest Hills.
- The temperature in Forest Hills varies considerably, with winter temperatures an average of 27 degrees and summer weather around 84 degrees. Forest Hills experiences around 43 inches of precipitation annually, so seniors who move to this area should be prepared for rain and snow each year.
- The borough of Queens received an F grade on a scale of A to F for air pollution. Forest Hills' failing-grade air quality could aggravate certain respiratory conditions for sensitive seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Forest Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Forest Hills start around $6,295 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Forest Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Forest Hills
Seniors seeking financial assistance for assisted living in Forest Hills should look to Medicaid's Assisted Living Program (ALP) waiver. Eligible participants can be either Medicaid-recipients or self-paying.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Forest Hills
Forest Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Forest Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Forest Hills
Forest Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Forest Hills, NY
Other Options in Forest Hills, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Forest Hills
Review of Atria Forest Hills
Atria Forest Hills was nice. They were very friendly and kind. They showed me the shared room where you share a common area and a kitchenette, but you have separate bedrooms. They have a one-bedroo... Read more
Review of Atria Forest Hills
Atria Forest Hills is a very good facility. It was very clean. The upkeep was really above par. The staff who gave me the tour were very helpful. I looked at assisted living and independent living. Read more
Review of Castle Senior Living at Forest Hills
I visited Castle Senior Living at Forest Hills. I had a guided tour. From what I saw, I felt quite OK with that place. I also heard other people living there, and they had very good comments about ... Read more