63 Assisted Living Facilities near Flushing, NY
There are 63 Assisted Living Facilities in the Flushing area, with 4 in Flushing and 59 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Flushing is $4,300 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 422 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Flushing. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Flushing 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Forest Hills with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Flushing, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Flushing, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Flushing
Senior sports fans are close to the action in Flushing as the neighborhood is home to both the US Open and the New York Mets. Flushing and nearby neighborhoods are also home to 59 assisted living facilities offering care to seniors who are mostly independent but need help with some day-to-day activities.
These facilities are licensed and monitored by the New York State Department of Health and are known as Assisted Living Residences (ALRs) or Adult Care Facilities (ACFs), based on the license they hold.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Flushing
- The Flushing area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Flushing Hospital Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) has buses and trains that go through Flushing. Seniors aged 65 and older are eligible for reduced fares and may be able to access paratransit services that provide a demand-response service for people unable to use the fixed routes.
- Flushing has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Jewish Association Serving the Aging, an organization that provides advocacy, advice and services to seniors in New York City as well as more than three senior centers.
- Flushing Town Hall is home to Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts, an organization that brings global arts to the Flushing Community. Seniors who enjoy art and culture can see performances and exhibitions at the venue.
- Social Security Income and some public pensions are not subject to state income tax in New York. Other sources of retirement income are taxable, but a sizable deduction is available to taxpayers aged 60 and older. This can help seniors reduce their tax bill and put more money towards their assisted living budget.
- New York City, including Flushing, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Flushing
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Flushing start around $4,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Flushing and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Flushing
The Assisted Living Program (ALP) provides financial assistance to a limited number of people in assisted living facilities in New York. Flushing seniors who receive Social Security benefits may also be eligible for financial help through the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Flushing
Flushing and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Flushing, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Flushing
Flushing-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Flushing, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Flushing
Review of Boulevard ALP
The facility is clean, spacious, and celebrates ALL religions. They cater to each resident's needs and requests if possible. The safety of residents is primary. And when Mom entered, we purcha... Read more
Review of Boulevard ALP
Community is beautiful, clean warm and cozy. Staff was friendly and helpful and the residents all looked happy. I was very pleased with my visit Read more
Review of Sutton Gardens Senior Living
The rooms are clean and updated. The staff is professional and courteous. The residents enjoy all the activities especially Bingo. Read more