Bayside, a bustling neighborhood in Queens, is home to an estimated 367,000 seniors, according to the latest census data. With Mount Sinai Hospital, a U.S. News and World Report top-ranked provider of geriatric care, and other world-renowned health facilities, such as the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, close by in Manhattan, Bayside seniors can have peace of mind about accessing quality care.

For seniors who need more than just an occasional helping hand, nursing homes are often the solution. Nursing home care is fairly expensive in Bayside, at an average cost of $11,771 per month for a semiprivate room, according to the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey. A private room in a Bayside nursing home averages $12,927 per month. Access to 24-hour skilled nursing care and supervision, along with room and board and help with daily living activities make this the most expensive option for senior care. For those who don’t need around-the-clock access to skilled nursing services, assisted living or home health care can offer more affordable alternatives.

Keep reading for more information about nursing home costs and other types of care, along with resources that might be helpful to Bayside seniors.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Bayside, NY

Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing

42 41 201ST STREET, Bayside, NY, 11361

Ozanam Hall is a very caring and loving facility. They do their utmost in providing personal attention and diligence to every resident. Everyone is dedicated, loyal, and willing to help in any way p … (read more)

St Marys Hospital For Children

29 01 216 STREET, Bayside, NY, 11360

Ditmas Park Care Center

2107 Ditmas, Brooklyn, NY, 11226

I would recommend this facility, the staff is wonderful and look after all your needs, facility is very well kept and it’s clean, I give them 5 star, I love all the staff nurses Theropist cnas ther … (read more)

Schulman And Schachne Inst For Nursing & Rehab

555 Rockaway Parkway, Brooklyn, NY, 11212

My grandmother was a resident here for hospice care, she was on the fourth floor in the Schulman Building. The staff was wonderful, they always made sure she was comfortable. My family and I visited e … (read more)

Haym Salomon Adult Day Health Care

2340 Cropsey Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214

Just few staff who does their job the rest of the staff is there just to collect checks and neglect patients. Outdated equipment dirty rooms

Marcus Garvey Nursing Home

810 St. Marks Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11213

This facility is very caring and the management staff at the time of of my visit was very professional and concerned about its patients, treating them like family , how we as human beings should all b … (read more)

Benhurst Center for Rehab

1740 84th Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11214

I went to Benhurst Center for Rehab for about a week. The care was pretty good, but the food was a little hit and miss — some good and some bad — so that was my main complaint. The staff is great, t … (read more)

Palm Gardens Center for Nursing & Rehabilitation

615 Avenue C, Brooklyn, NY, 11218

I’m writing this review to share my family’s experience at this rehab center. My dad got sick with covid and was admitted to palm gardens rehab center on feb 6. Despite my fears of him stayin … (read more)

Cabs Nursing Home Company

270 NOSTRAND AVENUE, Brooklyn, NY, 11205

I’ve been in the Cabs Nursing Home for rehab since January. The place is very clean, they clean everyday, three times a day. I have a new and very comfortable room with a wonderful view. The staff is … (read more)

Carmel Richmond Adult Day Health Care Program

88 Old Town Road, Staten Island, NY, 10304

My husband is in Carmel Richmond. It’s very good. They have a library and a cafeteria. The food is pretty good. They have a few activities. He’s in the dementia ward so there’s not much to do as far a … (read more)

New Governeur Hospital SNF

227 Madison Street , New York, NY, 10002

My mother in law was diagnose by burst apendix but she did not undergo through surgery, she is 79 years old and so weak, so she diagnose through IV medline for 20 days after she confined at Beth Israe … (read more)

Sheepshead Nursing And Rehab Ctr

2840 Knapp St , Brooklyn, NY, 11235

Excellent facility they took extraordinary of my uncle. The staff was friendly and caring. They make their patients a top priority especially through COVID rules and regulations. My uncle felt like … (read more)

Norwegian Christian Home & Health Center

1250 67Th Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11219

I will start off by saying that there are some good people who work at this facility and they actually try on their own and they want things to get better but sadly there is NOTHING any of these peopl … (read more)

Buena Vida Center

48 CEDAR STREET, Brooklyn, NY, 11221

I come here for temporary services after injury. The doctor doesn’t follow discharge prescription(s) orders; meaning change the prescription to what he/she feel the resident should have, or doesn’t gi … (read more)

Brookhaven Rehab And Health Care Center L L C

250 Beach 17Th Street, Far Rockaway, NY, 11691

I was in Brookhaven once. As far as I was concerned, the nursing staff was good. They had a lack in their night nurses and what not as far as I know. The rooms looked a little better than the ones her … (read more)

Peninsula Center for Extended Care and Rehab

50 15 Beach Channel Drive, Far Rockaway, NY, 11691

My sister-in-law is having rehabilitation at Peninsula Center right now. I haven’t found any problem with it. The people have been nice. The place is nice and clean. She is not complaining about anyth … (read more)

Crown Nursing and Rehab Center

3457 NOSTRAND AVENUE, Brooklyn, NY, 11229

My uncle will still be staying at The Chateau at Brooklyn Rehabilitation & Nursing Center. They have long-term care, but the space is limited. We did have my mom in there for a period of time, and … (read more)

Oceanview Nursing And Rehabilitation Center L L C

315 Beach 9th Street, Far Rockaway, NY, 11691

The staff was very nice and patient. And the food was amazing. My grandmother could have not chosen a better facility!!!

Cobble Hill Health Center

380 HENRY STREET, Brooklyn, NY, 11201

The staff were generally friendly and kind – but my impression was that they were terribly overworked and stressed, probably because they were understaffed. But, generally, I got what I needed because … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Bayside, NY

Bayside nursing homes charge an average of $11,771 per month for a semiprivate room and $12,927 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

According to the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey, Bayside seniors pay approximately $4,000 more per month for nursing home care than the national average. By New York norms, however, Bayside is a fairly affordable option for nursing care, which costs about $550 less than the statewide average. That said, Bayside isn’t the most affordable location in New York for nursing home care. Seniors in Utica ($9,581) and Ithaca ($9,913) in central New York pay significantly less on a monthly basis. However, the nearby cities of Kingston and Poughkeepsie are $3,026 and $1,977 more expensive than Bayside, respectively.

$11771

Kingston

$9581

Utica

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

It’s often beneficial to consider alternative care options, particularly if a loved one only needs intermittent care or assistance with nonmedical tasks. Adult day health care is the least expensive option at $1,950, while home care and home health care services cost an average of $4,957 per month. Assisted living averages $5,991, while nursing home care has the highest cost at $11,771 for shared rooms and $12,927 for private rooms.

$4957

Adult day health care

$5991

Assisted living

$11771

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$12927

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Bayside was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, New York City, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Bayside, NY

Free Resources for Seniors in Bayside, NY

Bayside seniors may find the following resources helpful when deciding on possible services. Some of these providers may help seniors live safely at home or assist with the costs of necessary nursing home care.

ResourceContact Service
NY Connects Long-Term Services and Supports(212) 244-6469The Long Term Services and Supports program helps seniors find local aging-related services. Options counseling is available to help seniors and their families understand their long-term care choices. This person-centered approach starts with an exploration of available services, both at home and in long-term care facilities, and may include the development of a long-term action plan with regular follow-ups.
New York Foundation for Senior Citizens(212) 962-7559The New York Foundation for Senior Citizens administers more than 30 programs that help older residents retain their independence. The Home Attendant Program works with more than 1,300 clients annually to deliver a variety of home-centered assistance options, ranging from housekeeping and nutrition to nursing care. In situations where a family member acts as a primary caregiver, RNs and LPNs may visit seniors at home to provide training.
NY State Division of Veterans’ Services(888) 838-7697Veterans and their families can contact the NY State Division of Veterans’ Services for assistance accessing benefits that may help cover the cost of care in an institutional setting or at home. The VA Aid and Attendance benefit is one of the available assistance programs that can help eligible senior veterans and their surviving spouses pay for needed care in a nursing home or necessary support services to allow them to age in place in their own home.
Office for the Aging(844) 697-6321The Office for the Aging is a state-run agency that provides information and assistance accessing services and supports such as Meals on Wheels, transportation, and Medicare, Medicaid and other health insurance counseling to help seniors and their families make informed coverage choices.