Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens Flushing, NY

35-15 Parsons Blvd, Flushing, NY 11354
Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens (718) 961-3500

Reviews of Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens

Nursing Home Reviews for Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens

July 29, 2011

This facility is a nursing home and to Chinese/Asian people it would definitely be convenient (if you live nearby or don't drive) in terms of location. Because there was a Chinese manager but she kept changing the rooms and at first it was a little annoying but that's minor compared to the care we received. So, every time I was there my grandmother was always in a different room. My grandmother stayed at this facility while she had advanced stage cancer with later spread into the blood (leukemia). A nurse helped us push the bed-like wheelchair t to the larger sitting area because she didn't want my grandmother to stay lying in the bed all day. She wanted to help and it was a kind gesture. Another nurse taught the family how to give foot massages to my grandmother. We had to ask for permission to obtain certain things and there was always someone cleaning the facility. While my mom slept overnight the nurse gently woke her up in the middle of the night to help her change sleeping position to get more comfortable in the reclining chair. Again, she didn't have to but the nurse was kind and caring. Food was very restricted because of my grandmother condition, and the nutritionist/dietician told us what she could or could not eat and the dietician always sincerely asked for an update on how much my grandmother would intake. Everyone was always willing to help. The night before my grandmother passed...My mom was about to go home but the doctor warned us by saying oh, it seems like she might pass in a day or two, is anyone going to stay overnight? My mother was said that she will stay and as the doctor predicted my grandmother passed that following afternoon. They took her body downstairs into the waiting area for the person from the funeral home to arrive and on the trip down we passed by the kitchen. This place was definitely not the spotless clean but it was average clean. The kitchen smelled okay, like mushy foods in the making. I would recommend this place more for locals.

June 22, 2011

By LordEffulgent

It was with great trepidation and anxiety when my father fell at home and had to be admitted to the hospital and then the nursing home for 3 weeks. My brother recommended a facility named Flushing House in New York. Although it was far from where my parents lived, a distance of 100 miles, it was the first choice my brother decided on. On its website, flushinghouse.com, Flushing House is described as an independent and assisted living facility rated highly in terms of senior retirement, staff, amenities, with computer access, excellent dining choices, and convenient accessibility. When we went to visit, the description did not disappoint. There is a rooftop garden where residents can enjoy the sun and roof views of Queens and nearby surroundings. There are one bedroom and studios available, with visiting nurses available when needed. Security is available 24/7. One difficulty is parking availability, but then again this is New York City. My parents decided that this is a good temporary bridging choice between assisted living and nursing home. They have stayed there for seven months now and the staff is very accommodating. They would rather live in their own home, but for safety's sake, this is the next best choice.

Photos of Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens

Services and Amenities of Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens

• Companion Suites: We Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Private And Semi Private Rooms

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens

sapphirerehab.com

Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens is a place you can call home. Our staff is warm and compassionate with diverse cultural backgrounds so every patient can feel at home and comfortable. Our highly qualified nursing staff is able to perform diagnostic procedures within our facility such as EKGs, bladder scans, X-Rays and ultrasounds. The majority of our nurses have acute and critical care experience, rehab, geriatric and IV certification.

We also have internal wound care certified RNs for 24/7 skin, wound and ostomy care. Our health care team also includes rehab, social work and dietary staff with post-graduate degrees. Our staff is devoted to each and every patient ensuring they receive optimum care including a dignified end of life care.

Whether you're recovering from an injury, illness or surgery, our personalized post-acute care services will aid in your recovery. We offer a range of therapy services to help you on your road to recovery.

We also offer long-term skilled care for those who require ongoing care while recovering from a surgery, those requiring memory care or those who have been diagnosed with a terminal medical condition.

We Specialize in the Following Services:

• Post-Acute Care specializing in stroke/cardiac, orthopedic, surgical and medical conditions
  • Long-term skilled care
  • State of the art Short-term rehabilitation care, Pain Management care and modalities (Physical therapy, Occupational therapy & Speech therapy)
  • Short Wave Diathermy (SWD)
  • Functional Electric Stimulation (FES)
  • Ultrasound (US)
  • Wound Care Protocols
  • Respiratory care including Trach and Bipap
  • Palliative, hospice and comfort care
  • Dementia and Alzheimer care
  • Korean and Chinese unit available
  • Long-term antibiotic treatment through central and peripheral lines

At Sapphire Center, our utmost goal is to ensure patient-centered care, which is KEY to individuality and independence. We're proud to provide meaningful therapeutic recreational activities that focus on resident’s interests, benefits, and ultimately to improve our patients quality-of-life.

There are choices beyond measure of therapeutic recreational activities being conducted daily on each respective unit, as well as centralized program activities located on the first floor in the main garden room.

A Sample of Activities:

• Live entertainment/performances
  • DJ
  • Pianist
  • Harp performances
  • Movie matinees (Netflix available)
  • Array of film choices
  • Traveling pets programs
  • Cultural activities - monthly/holiday-specified
  • Religious services
  • Music therapy

At Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens we strive to provide the highest quality of care to each of our patients by offering a range of services to meet your needs. Our goal is to keep you as healthy as possible by offering care when you need us most.

Awards:

• Five-Star Nursing & Rehabilitation Facility awarded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
  • Administrator member of American College of Health Administrators
  • Administrator recipient of CMS Outstanding Achievement award for Reducing
  • Hospitalizations
  • Administrator is 2016 Recipient of Lily Leadership Award

In 2018, administrator Jerry Enella was awarded the Eli Pick Facility Leadership Award by the American College of Health Care Administrators.

Map of Sapphire Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing of Central Queens