Dry Harbor Nursing Home

Reviews of Dry Harbor Nursing Home

Nursing Home Reviews for Dry Harbor Nursing Home

August 21, 2017

By Rose

My husband is going to rehab at Dry Harbor Nursing Home for over a month now. I've been there a few times. I live close to it, so I picked that one. I don't have any problems there. It's still a nursing home regardless. The rehab is good, that's why he's there, and everybody seems fine. It's a good place and it's decent. If there's something wrong, they call a doctor. There are doctors there, but not all the time, and they have nurses there as well. Under the circumstances, they really do great. It's hard sometimes if they're a little shorthanded and they're very busy, but I have no problem with them. They're pretty good. The rooms are good because I get a private room and I pay a little extra for it. The food is good -- it's never going to be like home, but it's good and they try and balance the meal. It works for me, it's close to my home, and I know everybody there by now because I've been in and out a few times. They always have something going on or something downstairs, and they really do try, but it's not for everybody.

August 03, 2017

By Nurse1986

DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONES TO THIS FACILITY!!!!!! They are extremley short staffed. The medical care is MEDIOCRE. It's not at all what I expected a Rehab center to be. I sent my aunt here recommended by her treating physician. (82, broke her femur, had surgery, lives alone). IF I DONT SPEAK UP FOR HER THINGS DONT GET DONE! (Imagine the patients that don't have family) PT she says is ok. But could be better. She's in the rehab side, but treatment is as if she was bound to stay there. She's in a wheel chair all day, looking at TV in a Dinning room. No MD follow ups at the facility. SHE WASNT ON THE LIST FOR DINNER TODAY AND THEY SCRAPPED UP A MEAL, only because my mom said something. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE PATIENTS. Giving 1 star wishing I could give 0

January 04, 2016

By researchstage26

I am currently reviewing all of the options for my great aunt's care, and as part of my research, I recently visited Dry Harbor Nursing Home & Rehabilitation Center. While it is a bit farther from my New Jersey home than I'd like, I was very impressed with the facilities. The staff was courteous, everything was clean and sanitary, and the residents seemed to be very happy. The fact that I'm still considering it despite the distance should tell you all you need to know about my impressions of the business.

December 31, 2015

By happydaughter77

Dry Harbor is so much better than the other facilities we saw in the research stage. First of all, they are not a chain - they actually focus on the care of their patients / clients. Despite having 360 beds, they have get processes in place to make sure every resident gets their fair share of attention. I think the thing that shocked me the most is that the food served there was actually good! That was a very pleasant surprise. The only downside is the elevator which could use replacing.

July 28, 2015

By sosadsad

This is the worst nursing home. My mother has been there 2 months. I have called the social worked repeatedly. Ms. Sanchez. She never calls me back. Food is awful. Staff is rude and unprofessional. A kennel would be a better choice.

January 13, 2015

By famousone

Do not send ur love ones here. The staff is lazy and unprofessional. The social workers r only in it for the money. My dad stayed there for three months and was put on several sort of medication that decreased his mobility. The doctors there just medicate the residents like zombies so everyone can stand around talking. WORK PLACE EVER!!!! Wish I could give a zero...

January 16, 2014

By Liammc

Overall, Dry Harbor Nursing Home is one of the better facilities that I have visited. The building is extremely clean and neat. The residents' rooms contained many items of state of the art medical equipment. In addition, the decor was much more welcoming than in some other places I have seen. There is a very large staff, and all members of the staff are qualified, friendly, and have an excellent rapport with the residents. The staff goes to great lengths to make the residents feel at home. They even offer large dinners on holidays so that the residents can still play host to their loved ones! This place was great!

July 30, 2012

By SupaSteve

This place was very nice. Everything was very clean and there was a nice smell in the air. The staff was very helpful to me, telling me about the patients, who to stay away from and who would benefit the most from talking to me. The people who are housed here are also very nice, except for a few who are not all there mentally, however these people are few and far between. It was a very nice place to visit and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

May 09, 2012

By amalya

This was one of the worst places that I have ever been too. When I entered the facility there was no one at the front desk and when someone did appear there was yelling involved. There are four elevators and every time that we went there they had only two working. The food was bad we saw feces on the floor and when I was in the dinning room there was not enough staff. I also found some of the staff very rude and not caring. The good points the pt was great and caring ,and the volunteers were pleantiful and nice

Services and Amenities of Dry Harbor Nursing Home

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About Dry Harbor Nursing Home

Dry Harbor Nursing Home is a senior living provider in Middle Village, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes and Adult Day Care. Contact Dry Harbor Nursing Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of Dry Harbor Nursing Home