Atria Park of Great Neck

Reviews of Atria Park of Great Neck

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Park of Great Neck

January 29, 2016

By David123283050

Everybody was nice at Atria. The rooms are very small, one bedroom, and clean. I didn’t see many residents, but when they leave the place they had to let them know they’re leaving. The staff seemed like they really care. They said they had activities but I didn’t see much going on, and they didn’t have a proper exercise room. It was kind of depressing.

Thanks for the valuable feedback from your visit to our community. If you’d like to learn more about our event calendars or our active aging programs, please contact me at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

January 16, 2016

By Ricky5

Atria is beautiful and well taken care of. The staff was nice and helpful. The residents looked happy.

October 27, 2015

By Gaspare

Atria is well kept and expensive. The rooms were fantastic, large, and well laid out. The people running it were very helpful. This was our second choice because of the distance, and my father would have gladly stayed there if not for that. They had a lot of amenities, like a workout area, and the restaurant was great.

January 24, 2015

By Caring99822050

We took my mother to places, and she loved Great Neck. She saw the activity of the streets and the stores, and she still had flexibility if she wanted to go out. Her bank was across the street which she was very happy about. They had excellent attention to detail, the tour was very informative, and she happened to have liked the studio apartment. The thing that we liked about the activities was that there was always something going on from the time she got up and had breakfast until the end of the day. They had movies. We were very impressed with the dining room. Just overall, it was like being in a hotel, and it was more upbeat. My sister and I loved the fact that they had this thing called news and schmooze, which they hold at about 10:00 or 10:30 where all the residents participate down in a round robin thing. They read the newspaper, and then they have a discussion on the world events, which is what she needs, because she is alone most of the day, she doesn't talk to anyone, and when she had a memory check, she did not know what year it was.

December 30, 2014

Atria was very nice but when we got down to the nitty gritty, it’s just too expensive. They offer a lot of things like they supply transportation for you, they have a barber shop and a beauty salon but the price is very high and we just can’t afford that. But they were very accommodating and were extremely nice. We met the cook and a matter of fact they gave us a little cake; it was good. They had a taxi pick us up and take us to the place. It’s a clean, big facility and more home-like.

August 27, 2014

By Caring92049150

I visited The Atria, but my aunt is not ready, so at least I got a feel for what it's like. I like this location because it's in a busy area and she can walk around and be in more of a city environment. It was wonderful. The gentleman was very nice and the place is very nice. Everything was wonderful, but if I am to consider something, this would be the place because it's close to my house. The entire area is convenient and the prices were pretty much the same. They have a special where if you commit to a one-bedroom unit, it would be $4,000 instead of $5,500 or $6,000 for one year. This was very attractive.

June 19, 2014

Atria was beautiful. They had entertainment and things to keep their people busy. They were a bit more pricey than the other one I visited, but they offered quite a few more amenities.

July 12, 2013

By Cary1

Atria Great Neck was good for my relative during the time that she stayed there. Their location was very convenient for us. Their rooms were nice. They were cleaned once a week. At the time, she didn't require so much care. However, her level of care has increased and unfortunately, Atria couldn't provide that care for her. We have to move her to another facility. With that being said, maybe a more personalized attention to their residents is something that they can improve on. Nevertheless, for someone who is needing a less intense level of care, Atria would be fine.

We appreciate your feedback on our community. I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate staff to ensure that we are providing the most personalized care possible for our residents. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com if you have questions in the future.

September 26, 2012

By Nycacams

While visiting this facility I felt the staff did a good job responding to the needs of the residents. Although I have not experienced many facilities prior to this, it seemed to be a facility where it was comfortable placing a family member and visiting. The amenities were well kept and provided a comfortable environment for both resident and guests. I saw no negatives with this establishment and if faced with a choice of placing another family member in such an establishment, I would chose Atia. Additionally, there was ample parking and visiting was an ease. It encourages visitors to come frequently even though generally assisted living establishments may be uncomfortable to visit. The establishment had excellent visiting hours and was close to home. My aunt was resistant about staying here initially but came to love it. She made many friends and is still there today, seeming more active than ever.

September 30, 2011

By mcatchen

This was a nice facility. The staff was very hospitable and the conditions of the facility were exceedingly above those of the others facilities we visited during our time france two years ago. I would recommend both the facility and the location.

Costs for Atria Park of Great Neck

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Atria Park of Great Neck

Since 1999, Atria Park of Great Neck has served the families of Nassau County. With a continuing commitment to quality, the community recently completed an extensive renovation and expansion to enhance its beauty and functionality. Residents enjoy a host of exciting new spaces and amenities, including the The Fitzgerald Restaurant and Carraway's Place Bistro, updated furnishings, fixtures and décor in all apartments and common areas, an expanded fitness center, an upgraded movie theater and much more.

For people living with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia, Atria Park of Great Neck also added a Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood an intimate, structured setting where specially trained staff can provide personalized care and attention. Features include vibrant dining and gathering spaces and thoughtfully designed apartments.

Along with assisted living and memory care services, Atria Park of Great Neck offers enhanced supportive services provided by a licensed nurse on-site 24/7 or additionally trained staff. These services include oxygen administration, diabetes management (insulin storage, reminders and injections), assistance with CPAPs and other medical equipment and more.

Every day is a new opportunity for connection, creativity and fun. With a calendar full of events, residents can continue doing the things they love and discover new interests. From guest lectures and yoga classes to the short stories club and happy hours, residents can be as active and involved as they like.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Park of Great Neck