Long Island Care Center

Reviews of Long Island Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Long Island Care Center

May 23, 2016

By LusiaL

There not enough words to describe how horrible his place is. My dad who is 83 and visually impaired was left every morning cold and trembling in his bed - after the washed him in the morning they just left him there for hours. He was scared to get out of bed so he would just wait there. I would go there most mornings (calling in late to work) to stop the horror. No one would listen to me when I tried to talk to the staff. Nothing changed. I finally signed release papers that I was taking the medical responsibility for him- which I gladly did. Also, I saw something there I had never seen before in any facility. My dad was in a shared room with 1 other person, my dad's bed was near the window. Because the room was so small, there was no way to get a wheelchair next to my dad's bed to transfer him into unless his roommate was removed from his bed and his roommates bed was pushed at an angle out of the way so my dad could get out. This was a huge hazard in my mind. What if there was a fire? I could not believe my eyes. Please do not take your loved ones to this facility- it's beyond a horror story.

November 13, 2013

By HappyGrandaughter7

The staff at this rehab center really cared about getting my grandmother better so she could return home. The nurses were busy but were always friendly and helpful. I could not believe how patient the therapists were with her. They let her go at her own pace and I eventually got her back home. I would have liked to see her doctor there more but he was always available when they called him. Parking is crazy, but its in Flushing so I was surprised that there is even a lot next to the building. My grandmother is doing great now and I know its the rehab staff I have to thank for that.

Services and Amenities of Long Island Care Center

• Spanish

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Long Island Care Center

Long Island Care Center is a senior living provider in Flushing, New York that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Long Island Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Long Island Care Center