Sunrise of Edgewater

351 River Road, Edgewater, NJ 07020
Sunrise of Edgewater (800) 385-2527
Important COVID-19 Information Last updated: 4/2

Sunrise is working diligently on helping families during this time. Please refer to our website for details at www.sunriseseniorliving.com.

Reviews of Sunrise of Edgewater

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Edgewater

June 30, 2014

We really liked Sunrise of Edgewater. It was a very positive experience. We were treated well, and our questions were answered. We looked at a studio and a 2-bedroom that could be shared. My sister thinks the shared 2-bedroom is ideal for my father.

December 27, 2013

By Gail16

Sunrise was very nice, comfortable, and looked a little more upscale. The rooms were fine and I thought the smallest room had a shared bathroom. The staff was very helpful, too.

December 13, 2013

By Jeanne13

I actually ended up putting my mom at Sunrise of Edgewater because it was closer to my house and so far it is working out well. I wanted to see my mom every day. They have a great group of staff which I think makes a big difference. They have a lot of activities and they bring people in from outside to perform like piano players. They also have bus trips. I think it’s a great facility.

September 26, 2013

By Maria Dietz

Sunrise at Edgewater is a really good facility. The staff are also very good and very caring. They kept my mother-in-law clean. She was happy with food and the room. They kept the room clean and they kept her busy. They offer a lot of interaction. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

June 28, 2013

By Mary65343350

Sunrise is very nice. It's very cheerful, a little bit chintzy and a little bit Victorian, a nice mix of furniture, cheerful carpet and cheerful people. Very well decorated, very well laid out; exactly what you would hope for. But, that place was quite empty. I know people that live there and they are saying that they serve good food in there.

November 20, 2012

By jman123

The locale of Sunrise of Edgewater offers much convenience for any person who is looking for an assisted living facillity that offers all of the amenities of city living but just outside of one of the biggest cities of the world,New York City.Residents can easily take a bus just blocks from the facillity New York. The facillity is located on River Road, a road that follows at the edge of the Hudson River. This facillity offers stunning views of the New York City skyline. It is a relatively new facillity therefore it contains many state of the art features. The staff of this facillity is impeccable. The individual rooms are all clean, good smelling, and homey. The wellness visits by the nursing staff give all of the residents the opportunity to voice their concerns in a very convenient manner. The meals that are served are well made.This facillity is one of the best I have ever seen.

June 28, 2012

By RobertPonte42

The location of the facility could be better. It is on the water and has a view of the NYC skyline. However, because of this the tide leaves a horrible smell. Although the location could be better, they do have an adequate facility. They have Tennis courts and a golf range not very far from the home. The staff doesn't seem to eager about working there.

Thank you for your candid feedback. We do take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your concerns regarding the ambiance. Please email us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com so we can learn more and follow up with you. Thanks, Sunrise Team.

March 13, 2012

By deathmetaldiaz

I visited this place about 6 months ago. It seemed to be a place where retired or old or people that cannot live on their own seem to have an easier time adjusting to a life where they constantly need someone to care for them. One problem I had with the place is that some areas had a very foul odor or smelled really bad. Some areas of the building smelled of old dried urine that had not been cleaned in weeks. Other than the smell problem the place seemed to be successful in their goal. The bad smell might be the only thing that can potentially drive away customers or visitors or even people that might be posing as visitors but are actually there to evaluate the place. Once this one problem is resolved, i cannot see how this place cannot be a very successful and thriving home that many people can look forward to being in when they get older and can no longer live on their own or need someone to look after them. Other than that I have no other comments or concerns about this assisted living home.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Edgewater

Questions about Sunrise of Edgewater

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Each month, our staff receives on going training through RELIAS.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Edgewater. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are about 85 years old and love to participate in the many activities that we have to offer. Especially, BINGO, lunch and bus trip outings, brain tease games, and baking clubs.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Edgewater offer to enrich residents' well-being?

At Sunrise of Edgewater, we specially design our activities geared towards our Signature Programs. Such as, Living with Action, Living with Artistry, Living with Melody, and Living with Learning

What places are near Sunrise of Edgewater or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are centrally located in the heart of Edgewater. With easy access to local shopping centers, with high end restaurants, and boutiques. We also have a path leading you to the stunning views of the Manhattan Skyline

What transportation services does Sunrise of Edgewater offer to assisted living residents?

Our community provides residents transportation to and from activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Edgewater exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our menu is constantly changing to meet residents tastes by offering specials throughout the day, as well as signature menu favorites. We have a dietician on hand to make sure that all menu items are carefully picked to provide our residents with nutritious value. These dietician plans are also implemented through the use of Table Side Dining.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Edgewater offer to assisted living residents?

We are in a secure residential area. The front door is overseen by our concierge. During the hours the concierge is not here, after 8pm the front door is secured and locked.

How does Sunrise of Edgewater keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

In addition to being available to family members on a daily basis, families meet with our Wellness Team members to discuss residents' care within the first 45 days after move in, followed by every 6 months.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise of Edgewater during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staffing is based on the documentation of care provided. We offer 24 hour care, and 24 hour nursing on call.

If Sunrise of Edgewater accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are extremely animal friendly, with side walks and grassy areas for animals to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Each month, our staff receives on going training through RELIAS.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Edgewater provide to protect residents who wander?

To protect our residents who wander, we offer them a secured area of our community, and offer wander guards as needed.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Edgewater offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We offer our residents hand over hand participation in activities, with assistance provided as needed through our Life Enrichment Manager

Our residents are assessed by our Resident Care Director.

What techniques does Sunrise of Edgewater use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We offer our residents the use of fiesta wear china, hand over hand and physical assistance as needed, finger foods, etc.

How does Sunrise of Edgewater keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

In addition to being available to family members on a daily basis. Families meet with our Wellness Team members to discuss residents' care within the first 45 days after move in, followed by every 6 months.

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Edgewater. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are in an urban residential setting, surrounded by many local businesses, with easy access to world class shopping and stunning views of the Manhattan Skyline

Photos of Sunrise of Edgewater

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Edgewater

About Sunrise of Edgewater

For more than 35 years, Sunrise Senior Living has been committed to providing seniors the best possible support, rooted in the latest research, and theories of aging. We take a holistic approach to senior care, where everything we do has our residents' specific wants and needs at its core. From support and peace of mind to personalized programming, we focus on your individual wellness and well-being so you can live life exactly how you please.

At Sunrise of Edgewater, championing quality of life for all seniors is our mission and is the responsibility of every Sunrise team member. Based on residents surveys, consumer insights, and industry metrics, national programs have recognized Sunrise's efforts and our commitment to quality care. Sunrise communities have earned more than 280 National Quality Awards - more than any other assisted living provider.

Map of Sunrise of Edgewater