Sunrise at Mill Basin

Reviews of Sunrise at Mill Basin

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise at Mill Basin

September 20, 2015

By Eric23

They had different things for the people to do and doctors on-staff depending upon the needs of the residents. I was satisfied with the price. They had three meals and snacks available. It didn't seem to be as roomy as the other place we visited though, and it didn't have as much space available -- outdoor and indoor. However, the staff was superb. They gave us a good idea of what Sunrise at Mill Basin was about, and we were able to meet with different varieties of people working in different areas. We got a good overall view of everything.

July 20, 2015

Sunrise at Mill Basin was a very nice place. The staff was very cooperative and very nice. We have no problem with them. The rooms/apartments were actually beautiful. They were freshly painted and had new rugs, plenty of closet space, and nice bathrooms. They're very nice. The dining room was more like a restaurant atmosphere. It was very nice. They did have some activities going on although I didn't really look into those too much because I was more looking into the rooms and how the staff would react to my mom's condition. The atmosphere was very nice; there were a lot of people going around. Everyone was down in the big day room talking, and it was very nice.

May 03, 2015

Sunrise at Mill Basin is fabulous. I visited two locations for Sunrise, and both are great. They have very good service, and it is very clean. They are really good and very attentive. I went with my mom, and she said she would go now if I would pay for her. She was ready to sign up, but she doesn't need assisted living. We all loved it. The facility itself is very spacious, open, and very inviting. It was colorful, and it was very enjoyable. It felt like almost a getaway or a vacation because it was very relaxing.

January 12, 2015

By Kevin15

I found Sunrise assisted living for my father, so that's where he would be heading very shortly. It was outstanding. The people that worked there were exceptional. The room was fabulous. I was very satisfied with Sunrise at Mill Basin.

April 30, 2014

The staff at Sunrise Mill Basin was helpful and attentive. They weren't any problems with the staff. The rooms are nice and decent in size. The only thing was there wasn't any lock on the individual doors. There was a lock on the main door going in, but not on the individual door. The food was very good, they had exercises, and then at 10:30 they have certain type of board games, like bingo, or card games. Sometimes they had activities at night whether it's movie, TV setup, or entertainment where they would bring in people that play piano or sing. Once they brought in a guy who did a song and dance and even danced with the seniors. They also took them to drugstores, church, and shopping once a week. I think the food was very good. We found the people accommodating.

May 14, 2013

Sunrise at Mill Basin has the same things as the others. From what I understand, the same company makes the same furniture and the same company furnishes the area rugs. It's lovely, bright and elegant. This place is cheaper than the other Sunrise in other places. It is right on the water. It's Mill Basin, with boats and sea gulls. It's very pretty. The staff were very respectful, warm and listens to everybody's needs. I actually had a thanksgiving meal there and the food was awesome and the china was lovely. It's like a five star hotel or restaurant. They have all levels of rooms. They have shares, studios, one, two, three bedrooms and suites.

October 25, 2012

By ladymacca9

Overall, I think that the patients could be dressed and ready before visiting hours so that way visitors aren't waiting a long time to see their loved ones.Some of the patients could be kept cleaner, have their diapers changed more often, but the patients are generally maintained at a decent level.The facility itself is clean, with a good custodial staff. The staff cares about the patients and they make every effort to reach out to families when there is a concern.

December 07, 2011

By damcam_8920

My grandmother was a resident at this adult assisted living facility. She was living with my Aunts but was recommended to this facility because they had better health care supervision available. The first thing that strikes you about this facility is the garden and landscape at eh entrance. I originally moved here from Florida and it reminded me of the we propertied were built and maintained there. I an familiar with other locations in the city from driving by and this one absolutely blows them away. Not only is the entrance well kept, the grounds are well kept as well, even where the backyard is that runs into the boardwalk and terrace overlooking the water. The property is located on the water in Jamaica bay, it offers the opportunity to see the bay from several of the rooms. My grand mother had one of these and told us how tranquil the water was during the daytime.The location allows for a tranquil environment while being close to relatives and friends in the city. The staff is professional and the experience was excellent, the only draw back is winter, but then again it is for us all.

November 17, 2011

By JoyceH

I am very pleased with Sunrise Mill Basin. I have 2 aunts in residence, which they are also pleased in where they are residing. As the months have passed each day i see a change in them. They have a get up and go push that they had lost. I recommend this facility. It is located in a beautiful area.

June 24, 2011

By DagnyGiga

Overall the senior assisted facility is in good shape. The faculty is nice and has a smile on their faces for anyone that passes by the center. The seniors look happy and at ease in their environment. The facility looks pretty much clean and there are employees waking throughout the center to survey that everything goes smoothly. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are clean. Some of the employees have attitudes but most of them like their jobs and enjoy getting up in the morning to spend time with the seniors. I enjoyed my stay at the Sunrise Assisted Living Center.

Services and Amenities of Sunrise at Mill Basin