Brooklyn is a part of Kings County and one of the five boroughs of New York City. Of the county’s 2.5 million population, 14.4% are seniors. This trendy and vibrant city is home to many iconic attractions, including the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. Older adults who are planning to retire in New York often choose Brooklyn as a place to live due to the presence of high-performing hospitals such as the Brooklyn Hospital Center and the high number of senior living facilities and pharmacies in the city.

Nursing homes provide care for seniors who require a high level of round-the-clock care and those who have greatly reduced mobility. The cost of nursing home care in Brooklyn is $11,771 per month, which is above the national average. Seniors who are more active and independent may find more affordable options such as in-home care more appropriate for them, while those who require only moderate support with the activities of daily living may opt to reside in an assisted living facility. Brooklyn has services catering to seniors with all levels of care needs.

This guide looks at the cost of nursing home care in Brooklyn and also offers resources for seniors looking for long term care in the city.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Brooklyn, NY

Ditmas Park Care Center

2107 Ditmas, Brooklyn, NY, 11226

My husband is moving out of Ditmas Park Care Center today; he’s done with his rehab. He’s been there since March of this year. We’re very pleased that he’s doing much better than when he came in. So f … (read more)

Hopkins Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

155 Dean Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11217

NURSES LEAVE ELDERLY ALONE IN THEIR OWN FILTH! I HAVE WITNESSED MANY FAMILY MEMBERS COME AND VISIT AND BEGIN DOING THE JOB IN WHICH THESE NURSES ARE GETTING PAID NURSES DO. THESE NURSES DO NOT DO THEI … (read more)

Schulman And Schachne Inst For Nursing & Rehab

555 Rockaway Parkway, Brooklyn, NY, 11212

My grandmother was a resident here for hospice care, she was on the fourth floor in the Schulman Building. The staff was wonderful, they always made sure she was comfortable. My family and I visited e … (read more)

Haym Salomon Adult Day Health Care

2340 Cropsey Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214

Just few staff who does their job the rest of the staff is there just to collect checks and neglect patients. Outdated equipment dirty rooms

Marcus Garvey Nursing Home

810 St. Marks Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11213

This facility is very caring and the management staff at the time of of my visit was very professional and concerned about its patients, treating them like family , how we as human beings should all b … (read more)

Downtown Brooklyn Nursing and Rehabilitation

727 Classon Ave, Brooklyn, NY, 11238

My uncle is at Downtown Brooklyn Nursing and Rehabilitation. It’s clean, and the staff is friendly and cooperative. My grandmother was there also, so it’s nice. I didn’t have any complaints. He didn’t … (read more)

Benhurst Center for Rehab

1740 84th Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11214

I went to Benhurst Center for Rehab for about a week. The care was pretty good, but the food was a little hit and miss — some good and some bad — so that was my main complaint. The staff is great, t … (read more)

Palm Gardens Center for Nursing & Rehabilitation

615 Avenue C, Brooklyn, NY, 11218

I’m writing this review to share my family’s experience at this rehab center. My dad got sick with covid and was admitted to palm gardens rehab center on feb 6. Despite my fears of him stayin … (read more)

Cabs Nursing Home Company

270 NOSTRAND AVENUE, Brooklyn, NY, 11205

I’ve been in the Cabs Nursing Home for rehab since January. The place is very clean, they clean everyday, three times a day. I have a new and very comfortable room with a wonderful view. The staff is … (read more)

Sheepshead Nursing And Rehab Ctr

2840 Knapp St , Brooklyn, NY, 11235

Excellent facility they took extraordinary of my uncle. The staff was friendly and caring. They make their patients a top priority especially through COVID rules and regulations. My uncle felt like … (read more)

Buena Vida Center

48 CEDAR STREET, Brooklyn, NY, 11221

My father was in Buena Vida Center, and that’s where he fell and hurt his hip. He was there right during the height of COVID, so we never got to really go inside to see anything, and we didn’t ever ge … (read more)

Norwegian Christian Home & Health Center

1250 67Th Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11219

I will start off by saying that there are some good people who work at this facility and they actually try on their own and they want things to get better but sadly there is NOTHING any of these peopl … (read more)

Brooklyn Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

170 Buffalo Ave Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY, 11213

My father has been in Brooklyn Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare since January. They’re providing pretty good care. His initial problem was he fell and hit his head, so he had a brain trauma. I … (read more)

Crown Nursing and Rehab Center

3457 NOSTRAND AVENUE, Brooklyn, NY, 11229

My uncle will still be staying at The Chateau at Brooklyn Rehabilitation & Nursing Center. They have long-term care, but the space is limited. We did have my mom in there for a period of time, and … (read more)

Cobble Hill Health Center

380 HENRY STREET, Brooklyn, NY, 11201

The staff were generally friendly and kind – but my impression was that they were terribly overworked and stressed, probably because they were understaffed. But, generally, I got what I needed because … (read more)

King David Center For Nursing And Rehabilitation

2266 Cropsey Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214

My husband is in King David Center For Nursing And Rehabilitation, and he will be there for a while. He is getting very good care there. They have a state-of-the-art workout room. It’s huge and it’s b … (read more)

Seagate Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

3015 W 29 St, Brooklyn, NY, 11224

my mother is currently a patient in this facility. We’ve had our moments but with this whole Corona think situation I have to say that they have been extremely helpful in taking care of the residents … (read more)

Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center

660 Louisiana, Brooklyn, NY, 11239

The quality of the physical and occupational therapy was very good, and the staff are pleasant, however, you will get better food in a prison and the owners and management of Spring Creek allow patien … (read more)

Saints Joachim & Anne Nursing and Rehab Center

2720 SURF AVENUE, Brooklyn, NY, 11224

I’m writing this review as I am on the phone with D.O.H to file a complaint. My mother was in this facility for 5 weeks to finish antibiotics from an infection she had in her foot. In five weeks I sp … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Brooklyn, NY

The cost of a semiprivate home in a nursing home in Brooklyn is $11,771 per month. Private rooms cost $12,927 per month.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

The cost of nursing home care varies across the state. Overall, nursing home fees in New York State are far higher than the national average of $7,756 per month. However, fees in Brooklyn are almost $550 per month lower than the state average. Kingston and Glens Falls are some of the most expensive cities, with monthly fees of $14,797 and $14,068 respectively. Average fees in the Buffalo area are also higher than the rest of the state. The Watertown area is among the most affordable, with average monthly nursing home fees of $11,589.

$11771

Watertown

$12669

Buffalo

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Nursing home care is the most expensive form of long-term care, at $11,771. Seniors who require a slightly lower level of care may find assisted living a more affordable and appropriate option, with fees of $5,991. Those who prefer to remain in their own homes can access home health care for an average of $4,957 per month. Other options include day care in a group setting at adult day care centers for $1,950 a month or help with chores and the activities of daily living from in-home care agencies for fees similar to those for home health care.

$4957

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Brooklyn, NY

Free Resources for Seniors in Brooklyn, NY

ResourceContact Service
Alzheimer’s Association NYC Chapter

(800) 272-3900The New York City Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association serves older adults living with Alzheimer’s and dementia, as well as their families and caregivers. The association runs education and advocacy programs, offers volunteer opportunities, and provides personalized assessments, care coordination and service referrals. Seniors and their loved ones can request support over the telephone or attend in-person workshops and consultations.
New York Foundation for Senior Citizens(212) 962-7559This foundation offers supportive services to seniors in New York, including case management, senior transportation, emergency support and care transition assistance. It helps seniors access the support they need at their current stage in life, whether that’s help to age in place, access financial support or transition to long-term care.
Special Touch Home Care Services(718) 627-1122Special Touch Home Care Services is an organization that offers its own professional home care service. It helps families understand the Medicare system and apply for the Medicare CDPAP program. The Medicare CDPAP is open to those who require assistance with the activities of daily living, allowing family members to receive financial support to act as caregivers so seniors can age in place and be cared for by those closest to them.