Atria Tanglewood

Reviews of Atria Tanglewood

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Tanglewood

February 14, 2018

By Diana

I visited Atria Tanglewood. I didn't consider it because they didn't have a 24-hour nurse and cannot provide shots for diabetic. I thought it was dark inside, but they had a nice outside garden. The room size was a little small.

January 26, 2017

By Theresa178107

Atria was like a really nice hotel when you walk in. The girl there was awesome. They had games, movies, singing, and people coming in for entertainment.

January 03, 2017

By J. Mody

We were ultimately disappointed. My fiance's Mom was there for a few years until she passed last year. Reading the other reviews, yes the place is well appointed and clean. The staff is friendly and empathetic, but solely from bottom up. Being that Atria is privately owned by a hedge fund, the focus of management is almost solely on their salary and bonuses. Yes, you might get a few trite smiles and polite conversation, but no substance. In addition, the staff holds obvious favorites instead of treating all persons fairly or trying to draw the more reticent or shy residents out Activities are targeted to perhaps draw residents out for only 1 event per day. The clear preference is for residents to come out of their rooms only for meals. less effort for staff. Although there are signs not allowing tipping, the most ballyhooed event of the entire year is the employee holiday party where family of residents receive multiple " entreaties" to contribute to year end employee bonuses. the implications are clear. In all instances, family-posed questions, inquiries, request for information are frowned upon and typically unanswered with again the clear implication that family cannot always be present at the facility, therefore it is better for family to remain silent and take what comes. Theft is ongoing. Speaking with the residents, they frequently report items missing from their rooms. Their complaints are often attributed to the vagaries of old age. My fiance's mothers pearls, a treasured possession and not once removed from a medication lock box for which there was only 2 keys - one for residents and 1 by management somehow disappeared after her death. A senior management person frequently bragged about her " 94% success rate with placing residents at the correct tables in the dining room". Questions about how this was achieved was met with a blank stare. Her methodology was only to place a new resident at an empty seat. If there was an argument or episode of significant magnitude, then the person was moved. The Dr on staff is empathetic, but a volume physician - dealing with multiple assisted living, hospices, and nursing homes throughout the area. Weekend appointments are limited to a few minutes. In addition, several residents go in without the benefit of family. There is no procedure for an Atria nursing professional to be present at the Dr visits and report the findings back to family. Although reports of thefts are dismissed as the rantings of elderly, there seems to be no need for an Atria professional to be present at Dr. exams to account for these " old age" gaps. Our advice, if the need for placement in assisted living is unavoidable, to seek out the smaller, non-chain operated facilities where management inclinations would be more of a calling than a money hunt.

Hello, We set a high standard for delivering quality for our residents and their families, and it's disappointing to hear about your experience. If you'd like to personally speak further, please don't hesitate to contact us.

November 07, 2015

By Gary L.

Atria is specially well-maintained. The people are very upper-class elegant, but very old at about in the 85 years old age group. The rooms are very well-kept, nice, and have their own private bathrooms. The food appeared to be from a five-star restaurant. When she went in there, the medical staff was a little shaky as far as the medication was concerned.

July 28, 2015

I visited Atria Tanglewood. The rooms there were slightly smaller than the other facility. The people were very nice. They're excellent.

February 25, 2015

We looked into Atria Tanglewood, and it was very nice. It was very clean, very neat, and very well appointed. It has very nice grounds. The rooms and the level of care were nice. They had what we needed.

January 24, 2015

I am currently at Atria Tanglewood as I was placed here by my children. The facility is very pleasant and very clean. Everybody does their job, and it's very nice. The staff is excellent.

December 07, 2012

By Kate9

Mom was very happy when she walked into Atria Tanglewood. The staff was phenomenal. They were very caring, very forthcoming, and very good to all the people who live there. It's a very nice, quiet, and clean place. The food is very good, too. My mother has her own living room, a little kitchenette, and a bathroom. She's very happy there.

May 29, 2011

By Zippo44

Friend or relative of resident

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this incredible assisted living facility, Atria Tanglewood located in Lynbrook. About five years ago my family and I decided that it was time to put our mother in an assisted facility since she was still active but getting on in years. Our father had passed away 2 years prior and she was living all alone in a big house. So we did a lot of research and went on many tours of different facilities. Finally we decided to apply to Atria Tanglewood because we were truly impressed with the overall facilities and the large clean apartments that they offer. Within two weeks we were informed that our mother would be able to move in as soon as she would like. We were all so elated, that the process took a very short time. I grew up in Lynbrook and still reside here so I was so happy to know that my mother would be a stone's throw away from me. She was very nervous at first because she did not know what to expect, this has been the first time in 50 years that she would not be living in her house that she and my father bought. The staff at Atria could not have been more wonderful and helpful they are available 24 hours a day and cannot do enough for her. They were very sensitive to my mom and made her feel so special and made her transition a flawless one. I have not seen my mother this happy in such a long time, there are so many activities and events for her to do plus she made so many new wonderful friends. I go there every couple of days and we sit in the cafe there and socialize for hours with her friends. I am so grateful for Atria of Tanglewood!

May 27, 2011

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: 400-F-306

About Atria Tanglewood

At Atria Tanglewood, you'll find an abundance of opportunities to stay active and enjoy life. Join the knitting group, which donates hats to cancer survivors at nearby South Nassau Hospital, stay abreast of current events with our News and Views club or relax with friends in the sunroom. Atria Tanglewood is adjacent to the Tanglewood Preserve and near shopping, restaurants, the beach and places of worship, so staying connected to the community you love is easy.

Atria Tanglewood provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Personal care services
  • Scheduled transportation

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Have 3 religious services weekly. Built on 12 acre nature preserve. Companion suites have own bathroom.

Map of Atria Tanglewood