Atria Tanglewood

Reviews of Atria Tanglewood

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Tanglewood

March 24, 2022

By LesE

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Atria Tanglewood and the staff, but I will try! I began searching for an assisted living community for my mother who at 91 had undergone surgery and could no longer live independently. From the initial intake conversation with the sales manager Virginia, I knew this was the right place for my mom. The location is beautiful and the facility feels like a hotel rather than an institutional building. The rooms are clean, bright and spacious. The Executive Director Ann is wonderful, understanding and very hands on. The activities director works very hard to schedule an array of activities and Tanglewood has a vibrant community of residents and there are staff members available to assist in whatever capacity is needed. As my mother's health worsened, the staff and administration really supported us. It was definitely an adjustment for my mother but she acknowledged that Atria Tanglewood was really a lovely place and she was fortunate to be there!

Hello, Your compliments mean the world to our team. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for choosing Atria.

September 29, 2021

By Nancy

I visited Atria Tanglewood, and I liked everything - the activities, the rooms, and the people; they were all high on my list. They were just more youthful, and they were participating in activities. They were very friendly, and I just thought it would be a better fit for my parents. It was perfect, it was friendly, it was light, and updated; so, I like it. The staff spent a lot of time with us, and we're not pressured to make a decision. Activities, they had a lot; they had a knitting club, an exercise club, they got bingo, and painting. There were many activities.

Hi Nancy, Thank you for visiting with us. Our staff takes pride in going above and beyond, so thank you for sharing your kind compliments.

September 16, 2021

By Vincent

I liked Atria Tanglewood a lot. It would have been my second choice. It's just that it's fifteen miles away from where I live. I thought it was well maintained. The staff that I met was very caring. I met some of the residents. They only had good things to say about the facility and the people that work there. I thought the management that I met was very competent, very knowledgeable, and friendly.

January 25, 2021

By Jeannae

We found Atria Tanglewood for my mom and she moved in. It's just a good fit for her. The staff is warm, caring, very involved, and looking after her best interest. Everybody is accessible, everybody returned calls, and this place was the closest to my house. It's literally like a hotel, her room is absolutely perfect, they're attending to her needs, it is large for a studio, she's very happy there. I like how everybody is on top of her medication, her needs, everybody is following through very thoroughly, it is just perfect, and it made it very easy for me. They have hallway exercises, she's doing PT, OT, and without COVID there's an enormous amount of activities, but right now it's a bit limited. She loves the food and she brags about the food.

Hi Jeannae, Your compliments mean the world to our team. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for choosing Atria.

April 28, 2020

By D.L.

Atria Tanglewood was very nice. I was familiar with it because I knew somebody that had stayed there before. They had a lot of activities going on, they had a lot of amenities, talking was easy, the access was easy, and the people there were friendly. The rooms were nice, but they said they cannot care for her in her condition.

Thank you for sharing your compliments of Atria Tanglewood. And please feel free to reach out to us again if we can support you further in your senior living search.

November 29, 2019

By Pattie

Atria Tanglewood was beautiful. The rooms were good sized. The staff was nice, but she was a bit overboard trying to get us to come there. The dining area was very nice. They had an area called a hub, which had the dining area and all the activity areas together, the theater, bistro attached to a solarium, and common area. It's a very active community. The menu looked good. It was very well laid out. If you wanted some quiet time, you could be in the lobby.

Pattie, Thanks for visiting us at Atria Tanglewood. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

July 09, 2018

By Karen

Atria Tanglewood was very nice and the people seemed very nice. They showed us a variety of 1-bedroom apartments. One 1-bedroom was quite large with a huge kitchen, a living room, a good-sized bedroom, and a bathroom. They also offer three meals a day and quite a bit of activities like bingo, movies, and different holidays. The price was a little high and a lot more expensive than other places. The food looked good and there was a variety of different food options. The place was very clean.

February 14, 2018

By Diana

I visited Atria Tanglewood. I didn't consider it because they didn't have a 24-hour nurse and cannot provide shots for diabetic. I thought it was dark inside, but they had a nice outside garden. The room size was a little small.

January 26, 2017

By Theresa178107

Atria was like a really nice hotel when you walk in. The girl there was awesome. They had games, movies, singing, and people coming in for entertainment.

January 03, 2017

By J. Mody

We were ultimately disappointed. My fiance's Mom was there for a few years until she passed last year. Reading the other reviews, yes the place is well appointed and clean. The staff is friendly and empathetic, but solely from bottom up. Being that Atria is privately owned by a hedge fund, the focus of management is almost solely on their salary and bonuses. Yes, you might get a few trite smiles and polite conversation, but no substance. In addition, the staff holds obvious favorites instead of treating all persons fairly or trying to draw the more reticent or shy residents out Activities are targeted to perhaps draw residents out for only 1 event per day. The clear preference is for residents to come out of their rooms only for meals. less effort for staff. Although there are signs not allowing tipping, the most ballyhooed event of the entire year is the employee holiday party where family of residents receive multiple " entreaties" to contribute to year end employee bonuses. the implications are clear. In all instances, family-posed questions, inquiries, request for information are frowned upon and typically unanswered with again the clear implication that family cannot always be present at the facility, therefore it is better for family to remain silent and take what comes. Theft is ongoing. Speaking with the residents, they frequently report items missing from their rooms. Their complaints are often attributed to the vagaries of old age. My fiance's mothers pearls, a treasured possession and not once removed from a medication lock box for which there was only 2 keys - one for residents and 1 by management somehow disappeared after her death. A senior management person frequently bragged about her " 94% success rate with placing residents at the correct tables in the dining room". Questions about how this was achieved was met with a blank stare. Her methodology was only to place a new resident at an empty seat. If there was an argument or episode of significant magnitude, then the person was moved. The Dr on staff is empathetic, but a volume physician - dealing with multiple assisted living, hospices, and nursing homes throughout the area. Weekend appointments are limited to a few minutes. In addition, several residents go in without the benefit of family. There is no procedure for an Atria nursing professional to be present at the Dr visits and report the findings back to family. Although reports of thefts are dismissed as the rantings of elderly, there seems to be no need for an Atria professional to be present at Dr. exams to account for these " old age" gaps. Our advice, if the need for placement in assisted living is unavoidable, to seek out the smaller, non-chain operated facilities where management inclinations would be more of a calling than a money hunt.

Hello, We set a high standard for delivering quality for our residents and their families, and it's disappointing to hear about your experience. If you'd like to personally speak further, please don't hesitate to contact us.

November 07, 2015

By Gary L.

Atria is specially well-maintained. The people are very upper-class elegant, but very old at about in the 85 years old age group. The rooms are very well-kept, nice, and have their own private bathrooms. The food appeared to be from a five-star restaurant. When she went in there, the medical staff was a little shaky as far as the medication was concerned.

July 28, 2015

I visited Atria Tanglewood. The rooms there were slightly smaller than the other facility. The people were very nice. They're excellent.

February 25, 2015

We looked into Atria Tanglewood, and it was very nice. It was very clean, very neat, and very well appointed. It has very nice grounds. The rooms and the level of care were nice. They had what we needed.

January 24, 2015

I am currently at Atria Tanglewood as I was placed here by my children. The facility is very pleasant and very clean. Everybody does their job, and it's very nice. The staff is excellent.

December 07, 2012

By Kate9

Mom was very happy when she walked into Atria Tanglewood. The staff was phenomenal. They were very caring, very forthcoming, and very good to all the people who live there. It's a very nice, quiet, and clean place. The food is very good, too. My mother has her own living room, a little kitchenette, and a bathroom. She's very happy there.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Tanglewood

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: 400-F-306

About Atria Tanglewood

At Atria Tanglewood, you'll find an abundance of opportunities to stay active and enjoy life. Join the knitting group, which donates hats to cancer survivors at nearby South Nassau Hospital, stay abreast of current events with our News and Views club or relax with friends in the sunroom. Atria Tanglewood is adjacent to the Tanglewood Preserve and near shopping, restaurants, the beach and places of worship, so staying connected to the community you love is easy.

Atria Tanglewood provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Personal care services
  • Scheduled transportation

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Have 3 religious services weekly. Built on 12 acre nature preserve. Companion suites have own bathroom.

Map of Atria Tanglewood