Atria Plainview

Reviews of Atria Plainview

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Plainview

May 08, 2021

By Sue HK

My dad just moved in to the Atria Plainview on May 2, 2021. He has a small studio apartment but there were other choices. It’s the perfect size for him and they will furnish it if you want. The furnishings are lovely- bed, dresser, night table, sitting chair and 2 lamps. As far as staff interactions we couldn’t be more pleased. Everyone has been attentive and nice. There are many activities through the course of the day. Music, lectures, stretching classes and also a men’s club because there are more men than usual at this assisted living. My dad loves the food! In conclusion, we are very happy with our choice and my dad couldn’t be any happier.

Hello Sue, We're thrilled to have your dad call our community home. Our staff takes pride in going above and beyond. Thank you for sharing your experience!

October 07, 2019

By AK

My friend seems to be adapting very well at Atria Plainview. The staff has always been very polite and nice to me. Her room is fine; she got it furnished. She has a TV and a phone in her room. It would be too expensive for me, but it certainly is well run and they have lots of activities for the residents. They transport them, and they take them shopping and on trips. They are top notch, but expensive. She seems very content with the way things are going. You get what you pay for. They have more activities than most places.

AK, We're happy to have your friend part of the Atria Plainview community. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope you'll join us at one of our upcoming events.

February 12, 2019

By Mindy

My mother was at Atria Plainview. It was good at the beginning, but it has gone downhill and she's not getting the care that she needs. She had a deluxe studio, which was like a small one-bedroom. She did the word game. There's bingo, crafts, knitting, and puzzles. There's a movie every night. She's been there for a little over two years and they've been through three directors already. They're losing their staff. Mom said the food has gone downhill and they really can't care for her. She needs a little bit more help, but she had a lot of friends there. The rent goes up astronomically. The first year, it went up 10% and then it went up 5%; now it has gone up another 5%. It's way too much money for her. They're not very good at cleaning the rooms. They're supposed to be cleaning the apartments with what you pay.

Mindy, I understand that you have been in communication with our team at Atria Plainview. Your feedback is important to us. If you would like to personally talk more about your experience, please contact us, and we will connect you with the best person to help you.

October 20, 2016

By Sandra464003

Atria Plainview had activities that I liked like card playing. The food was better, and I can get on a bus three days a week, go into town and do shopping and looking around, so it makes me feel better. They serve 3 meals a day, they have a beauty salon, and they have different activities like Bingo and jewelry making and a lot of different things. We also have board games ad movies; yesterday we had a performance, and Friday they will be having another performance and Grandparents' Day.

February 01, 2016

By netlu

I took a tour of this facility. The staff was quite friendly and the facility is immaculate. The activities are endless and I really felt like I was walking through a warm and inviting community. As it turns out, the family member I was touring Atria for has changed his mind about assisted living but I will definitely recommend this place to others.

January 28, 2016

By Diane117964450

Atria is very beautiful, top of the line, but they’re very expensive. The people were pleasant. It was clean, and well-maintained.

November 07, 2015

We visited Atria Plainview for my mother. It was beautiful but way too expensive. It was lovely though, and they had nice grounds. While we were there, there was somebody providing entertainment with singing. It was a lovely, lovely place. My girlfriend's mother actually had been there, and she only had good things to say about it, but it was just too expensive. We met one staff who was lovely. Everything was explained to us, and she didn't rush us or anything. The facility had an upscale feel to it. The whole atmosphere was very nice.

September 07, 2015

The rooms at Atria Plainview were too small, but the people were friendly. There were a group of people watching a small TV set, and that didn’t leave a good impression on me.

December 25, 2014

By 516carols

thank you atria plain view...i had a great month at your facility and truly miss everyone that i met...you have a great staff, friendly, made me feel at home..my room was great...so comfortable...i miss and love you all...i hope you remember me...happy healthy holidays everyone...

September 22, 2014

By Debbie99263150

Atria was absolutely lovely, the service was great, and the food was fabulous. The director met with us personally, took us on a tour of the facility, and was very accommodating. We also got to meet my mother’s next door neighbor that happened to moved there. They gave us lunch for free and the dining was fabulous; you had more than one selection, and I couldn’t believe the choices that you had were phenomenal and then having specials on top of that. If I was retired, I would have signed up yesterday.

October 18, 2013

Atria seemed very clean. The people seemed very welcoming. The apartments were very nice. However, they were too small.

August 14, 2013

By Ellen12

The Atria was a much smaller facility. There were a lot of women there. We were looking for both of my parents, so we had to find a place where there was a decent amount of men as well. They also did not have two-bedroom apartments which was what my parents wanted. Nevertheless, based on my visual tour, I would give them an average rating.

April 09, 2013

By Rachel 1

My dad thought Atria Plainview was the most comfortable. It looks like a nice community. The accommodations are nice and the staff were very helpful during the tour.

June 30, 2011

By TheMerr

The facilities and grounds were very comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. The rooms were clean and well kept. The staff were friendly and helpful and very good at their jobs. They were quick and effective when meeting peoples needs. The food was good and the treatment was superb.

Questions about Atria Plainview

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Atria Plainview. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The overall population is vibrant, social, and active. The average age is in the mid to high 80's. The residents enjoy lively discussions surrounding current and thought provoking topics. They love to attend musical celebrations.

What programs or activities does Atria Plainview offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have everything from book clubs and short story discussions, music and chorus, exercise for the mind and the body, live entertainment and lecturers, fully stocked arts studio, and stimulating activities such as word games and trivia challenges are offered daily.

What places are near Atria Plainview or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The JCC is located directly across the street. Several shopping center and the Walt Whitman mall is located near Atria Plainview. The Plainview library is a popular destination.

What transportation services does Atria Plainview offer to assisted living residents?

We have a community town car that we use to take residents to local doctor appointments, shopping, and around the town errands. We also have a community bus that we use for weekly trips and outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Atria Plainview exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Restaurant style dining led by an experienced Executive Chef. Our menu caters to our resident population and is constantly evolving based on feedback.

What safety features or security measures does Atria Plainview offer to assisted living residents?

Besides our comprehensive training program, we have a CCTV system, and a emergency response system that includes personal help buttons, pull cords in the bathroom and bedroom area, and UTXs on all exterior doors.

How does Atria Plainview keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Constant communication from our wellness team via phone.

If Atria Plainview accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

All well behaved pets are welcome in all common areas with the supervision of their owner.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All staff follow a regimented annual training program that is mandatory and includes senior care training.

What safety features or security measures does Atria Plainview provide to protect residents who wander?

As part of our emergency response system we have all exterior doors armed with a UTX. Every resident wears a personal help button that will assist us in locating a resident if need be. All staff are trained and elopement drills occur consistently.

Costs for Atria Plainview

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: 400-F-329

• Get Costs

About Atria Plainview

At Atria Plainview, you'll experience an independent lifestyle with the comfort of exceptional care that's there when you need it. Enjoy a social calendar chock-full of cultural, educational and spiritual activities that connect you with fellow residents and your local community. Indulge in our restaurant-style dining room or venture out to nearby restaurants. Atria Plainview offers easy access to shopping, a library, and places of worship.

Atria Plainview provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
    • Choice of apartments
    • Anytime Cafe
    • Full-time director of events and activities
    • Emergency call system in every apartment
    • Daily restaurant-style meals
    • Housekeeping services
    • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
    • Medication assistance
    • Scheduled transportation

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Plainview