Atria Huntington

Reviews of Atria Huntington

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Huntington

November 21, 2016

By R.P.

Atria Huntington has large rooms, closets, and nice grounds. They have crafts and a shuttle service, and they have a calendar of events. They have moderate pricing, but I’m concerned that my aunt might not be functioning enough for that place.

July 27, 2016

By VV

My mom was in Atria Huntington. The place was very nice, but she kept walking out if they don't lock the door. Everything was fine there. It was nice and more like a hotel room. The dining room was all nice and beautiful and restaurant-style. They played bingo, do horse racing, and had entertainment come in, a library, and a big-screen TV. Somebody played the piano and it was very nice. I would have liked for her to stay there but they got fed up with her so they threw her out. I liked it a lot except for the fact that she was getting out. It's not a lockdown place.

January 15, 2016

By Caring Daughter117720750

Atria Huntington is up the block from my house. I go to their Christmas shows with my therapy dogs, so I kind of know what’s going on. They’re very nice, but Dad’s not ready, and it has to be his decision to go. It looked very neat and clean and is in a nice area. It used to be an old elementary school that they changed into apartments. Just going around, people seemed concerned, and there was a party for relatives. They have a nice lawn in back if they want to walk, and they can take the bus to go shopping.

August 10, 2015

By Marianne18

During my visit in Atria Huntington, the staff was very nice. They had a one bedroom apartment with a bathroom. They also had a TV room. They even had a cafeteria. I had not tried their food, but their dining room was nice. It was just a typical diner's style. I know that they had a lot of acitivites like arts and crafts. I liked that the place seemed to be secured. Unfortunately, they had nothing we could do on our own. They were too costly for us too. I guess Atria Huntington was not just the place for us.

Marianne, we’re sorry that Atria Huntington was not a perfect fit for you at the time, but we welcome you to join us in our dining room for a complementary meal at any time. Perhaps over lunch we could discuss independent events for you. If you would like to share more with us, please reach us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

June 23, 2015

Atria Huntington was very clean and homey. Everyone was very friendly. The rooms were nice, and the dining room was nice. It did feel a little upscale. They had three meals.

May 13, 2015

By Janet110778950

The rooms are nice at Atria Huntington. It's a nice place. The dining room looks like a fancy restaurant. They have a movie theater and a library, and they have a lot of activities during the day. My complaint is that I think they charge a little bit too much for some of the other options that they have, like medication and care.

January 24, 2015

By Collene1

I went to Atria Huntington in October, and it was a very beautiful facility, very friendly, and had lots of nice activities. The rooms were beautiful. The patients there though were a little bit definitely more high functioning. It's a long walk from the rooms to the dining room and to the central area. I knew my mother being sort of weak, and with the Parkinson's, it would be a little bit hard for her. They don't have a dementia unit, and they don't have a nursing home type of setup. Everybody was walking with walkers; nobody was in a wheelchair.

August 17, 2014

My mother's room at Atria Huntington is spacious. It has a large bathroom and she has her own mini fridge and microwave. The staff is very good and they are quite knowledgeable. The dining area is very nice and clean at all times. Yes, I would recommend this place because it is very clean and the staff cares for their residents.

January 31, 2014

By Kristen9

Atria was not as updated but it was very beautiful and clean. Outside it was an old school as it used to be an old elementary school. There were a lot of trees and very pretty to look out the window. It had rooms that you could share where you had your own private bedroom and bathroom, but you had a shared foyer and front door. The people working there were very sweet. Everyone knew everyone's name. While we were taking a tour, the people showing us around knew every resident's name as they passed by. The residents knew them and it was a really nice experience.

September 30, 2011

By happycamper1

A good friend of my Mother's moved to the Atria a few years ago. I have visited her with my Mom on several occassions. The staff is wonderful and treats everyone so nice. The facility is clean and well taken care. They do such nice things for everyone, and make even the visitors feel welcome. The people all seem to be happy and friendly. The staff keeps everyone busy and has a lot of things going on. No one is ever bored or lonely. They have day trips and a lot of fun things to keep everyone happy. The food is great and they have special events for all the holidays. They keep all of the residents busy and happy. Who could ask for anything more. My Mom enjoyed visiting her dear friend, and was vey pleased to see that assised living can be so positive.

June 01, 2011

By SnowboardEddie

Friend or relative of resident

A family member was at the Huntington Atria for 4 years. It is a lovely place that seems to care deeply about the people. The staff is wonderful and they go out of their way to help family and friends feel welcome. The facility is bright and clean and very comfy. It feels more like ones home or appartment. The food is healthy and very tasty. The dinning area is well lighted and comfortable. The staff makes everyone feel special. We had many chances to stay and eat with our family member, and we never felt like we were in the way or unwelcome. The facility has many fun activities, encluding many outtings in their own bus. Bingo and game night are especially enjoyed by everyone. The best part is the way the staff seems to really care about the people. I would gladly recommend this facility to everyone.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Huntington

Costs for Atria Huntington

Photos of Atria Huntington

Services and Amenities of Atria Huntington

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library, Large Hunt Club For Social Gatherings, Private Dining Room For Family Parties And Gatherings.

• Tai Chi

• Personal Care Assistants
  • Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: 700-F-931

About Atria Huntington

Set on 14 acres, Atria Huntington is surrounded by a serene walking path in beautiful, residential Huntington Station. Lounge by our fireplace in the winter months or relax on the patio on a warm summer day. Enjoy a delicious meal in our restaurant-style dining room, which offers varied menu choices, including kosher-style selections. Atria Huntington is just minutes from shopping, community centers, and places of worship.

Atria Huntington provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Kosher-style dining
  • Chapel
  • Computer center
  • On-site physical therapy provider

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

We are located on 14 acres of country-side property, nestled in a quiet neighborhood. Our one floor ranch-like layout with extra wide halls make it easy for residents and families to get around the community, while allowing ease of access for those who use walkers, wheelchairs or scooters.

Map of Atria Huntington