27 Assisted Living Facilities near Jericho, NY
Also serving communities of Syosset.
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jericho area, with 2 in Jericho and 25 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 306 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jericho. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jericho 3.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Westbury with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jericho, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Jericho, NY
25 Assisted Living Facilities near Jericho, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jericho
Jericho, New York, was originally part of the Robert Williams Plantation in the 1600s, but today, it's a thriving city of more than 13,500 people. Jericho has two assisted living facilities and another 22 in the surrounding area to help provide care for the 14 percent of the population aged 65 years or older.
The New York Department of Health regulates all assisted living facilities in Jericho and the rest of the state. These facilities are divided into three categories depending on the level of care provided: assisted living residences, enriched housing programs and adult homes (listed from highest level of care to lowest level).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jericho
- Jericho has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Syosset.
- Property taxes and sales taxes are fairly high in the state of New York. However, Social Security income is exempt, and there is a deduction available to seniors for up to $20,000 for other forms of retirement income. This may make the state more budget friendly.
- Seniors looking for a safe town may be happy to know that Jericho delivers better-than-average safety. Violent crime rates run about 65 percent less than the national average, and property crimes are also less frequent, coming in at 75 percent lower rates than the U.S. average.
- As with the rest of the state, the weather in Jericho can be variable and may be an issue for seniors dealing with conditions like arthritis or seasonal affective disorder. Summer highs hover around the low 80s, but winter lows are often below freezing.
- The cost of living in Jericho could be a concern for seniors on fixed budget or those trying to stretch their retirement income. Overall costs run about 79 percent higher than the U.S. average. Housing, which may not be a concern for those entering assisted living, runs about 226 percent higher than the rest of the country, but healthcare is also 14 percent higher, which could increase assisted living costs.
- Jericho is connected to the Naussau County bus system to help them get to local businesses and the surrounding areas.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jericho
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Jericho start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jericho and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jericho
Those eligible for Medicaid may be able to get help paying for some of the costs of assisted living in Jericho via the Medicaid Managed Long-Term Care program. The New York Assisted Living Program is also an option for some seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jericho
Jericho and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jericho, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jericho
Jericho-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jericho
Review of The Bristal Assisted Living
At the beginning of 2019 I really did not have an understanding of “Assisted Living”. In the meantime I was trying to take care of and help my mother who lived alone, had stopped driving, was not ... Read more
Review of The Bristal Assisted Living
Terrible facility. The Memory Care portion is especially despicable. They don’t listen to the family, don’t interact with them as much as promised and can and will kick out your family member if t... Read more
Review of The Arbors Westbury
We put my mother-in-law in The Arbors Westbury. The community is very friendly, and her room is a fair size, and very clean. They have a lot of activities from morning until night, including bridge... Read more