36 Assisted Living Facilities near New Rochelle, NY
Also serving communities of Mamaroneck.
There are 36 Assisted Living Facilities in the New Rochelle area, with 2 in New Rochelle and 34 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 222 reviews below for assisted living facilities in New Rochelle. On average, consumers rate assisted living in New Rochelle 2.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mount Vernon with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in New Rochelle, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in New Rochelle, NY
34 Assisted Living Facilities near New Rochelle, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in New Rochelle
New Rochelle is a multicultural suburb in Westchester County 30 minutes from midtown Manhattan. The town is home to a robust senior population, 15.7 percent, who are served by two assisted living facilities in town and over ten in the surrounding area. Assisted living facilities in the State of New York are regulated by the Department of Health and are defined as adult care facilities (ACFs) that provide non-medical, long-term residences for seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in New Rochelle
- New Rochelle seniors can find plenty to do in the city with three beach clubs and four parks along the waterfront and the Museum of Arts and Culture at the New Rochelle High School. The city is in the planning stages for a new art’s district as well.
- New Rochelle weather is seasonal with warm, humid summers and cold winters. Temperatures throughout the year range from 24 and 84 degrees and the city gets approximately 48 inches of rain and 29 inches of snow, higher than the U.S. averages of 39 and 26 respectively.
- New Rochelle is a safe area with violent and property crimes receiving low ratings of 22.5 and 25.8 on a scale of 100, lower than the average U.S. rates of 31.1 and 38.1. The town has less crime in general than New York City and is a quieter alternative for seniors.
- The cost of living in New Rochelle, as in most of Westchester County, is high and surpasses the U.S. average by 83.5 percent. This is mainly due to housing costs, with transportation, health care and groceries averaging only slightly higher than U.S. medians.
- Seniors can get around the city with reduced fares on the Bee-Line bus, which serves all of Westchester. New Rochelle also provides Senior Citizen Vans to help seniors get to medical appointments, banking, food shopping and nutrition programs. The city also offers seniors a discount to its Parks Passport for discounted parking at New Rochelle’s waterfront parks.
- New Rochelle has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Department of Senior Programs and Services, an organization that provides different programs and events to seniors throughout the year, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in New Rochelle
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in New Rochelle start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in New Rochelle and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in New Rochelle
Qualified seniors may be able to receive funding for assisted living in New Rochelle through two New York government programs: Medicaid’s Managed Long Term Care Waiver (MLTC) and the Assisted Living Program (ALP).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in New Rochelle
New Rochelle and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in New Rochelle, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in New Rochelle
New Rochelle-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in New Rochelle, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in New Rochelle
Review of New Rochelle Home for Adults
The lady who worked at New Rochelle Home was like a nun. Her personality was beautiful, and I felt such warmth from this person. It's like she truly cared about all the mentally ill people there, a... Read more
Review of New Rochelle Home for Adults
my sister is a resident at New Rochelle, she has deteriorated beyond belief. she gets no pt, she can barely walk and only with the aid of a walker. I have asked to have a podiatrist treat her feet ... Read more