36 Assisted Living Facilities near Ardsley, NY
Also serving communities of Palisades, Tarrytown, Orangeburg.
There are 36 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ardsley area, with 2 in Ardsley and 34 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ardsley is $7,360 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 231 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ardsley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ardsley 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sparkill with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ardsley, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Ardsley, NY
34 Assisted Living Facilities near Ardsley, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ardsley
Ardsley is home to around 4,500 people and the village has an active calendar that brings the community together. Seniors who retire to the area can join their neighbors at events such as the Spring Egg Hunt, the Summer Concert Series and the Ice Cream Social.
The village has a large senior population, with over 18% of residents aged 65 and over. There are 35 assisted living facilities in Ardsley and nearby communities, which are regulated by the New York State Department of Health. Depending on the license they hold, these facilities are known as adult care facilities or assisted living residences.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ardsley
- The Ardsley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. John's Riverside Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Ardsley has warm summers and cold winters. The average low temperature in January is 18 degrees and the village gets around 28 inches of snow each year, equal to the national average. In July, the high temperature averages 81 degrees, which allows seniors many opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors.
- The Sperling Index ranks Ardsley's overall cost of living at 190.8, considerably higher than the U.S. average of 100. This is due to the high cost of housing and many everyday expenses, including groceries and healthcare, are closer to the national median. This can help seniors keep budgets in check.
- A number of Westchester County Bee-Line buses run through Ardsley and passengers 65 years of age and over are eligible for reduced fares. Train stations in the area connect the village to Manhattan and other cities. The Bee-Line also runs a paratransit service that some seniors may be able to use.
- Westchester County, including Ardsley, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Social Security and some pensions are exempt from state income tax in New York and there is a deduction for income from retirement funds and other pensions. While sales taxes New York are among the highest in America, seniors on a fixed income may benefit from sales tax exemptions on everyday expenses such as groceries and medicines.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ardsley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Ardsley start around $7,360 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ardsley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ardsley
The Assisted Living Program has a limited amount of funding to help New York seniors fund their assisted living. Seniors in Ardsley who receive Social Security Income may also be able to access financial assistance through the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ardsley
Ardsley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ardsley, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ardsley
Ardsley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ardsley
Review of Atria Woodlands
My mom is living in Atria Woodlands. There are some things they said that they had but don't actually do, but overall, they're pretty good. My mother likes mahjong, and they said they had it, but t... Read more
Review of Atria Woodlands
Atria was on the other side of the county, and it would be difficult for my daughter to get there. The people were nice, they're very willing to show you around, and they're very willing to explain... Read more
Review of Atria Woodlands
sales pitch is just that...a pitch. not a true picture. Once patient enters, they forget about her. little encouragement. Read more