Atria Briarcliff Manor

Reviews of Atria Briarcliff Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Briarcliff Manor

August 15, 2021

By Steven

I liked Atria Briarcliff Manor. It was similar to the other Atria we went to, except that I thought the decor was not as uplifting. It was darker, darker wood, darker paint, and just didn't give me a happy feeling in there. The staff was great though, and they had the same number of amenities and daily activities on the calendar as the other places. The cost there was much more reasonable.

July 09, 2021

By Ketty

Atria Briarcliff Manor was bright and clean. The rooms were bright, clean, well set up and well lit. The staff was very knowledgeable, very friendly, very courteous, professional, and competent. She knew what she was talking about. There were no hidden fees. She gave us all the paperwork and showed us the cost. She discussed everything. She wanted to know about my friend and how his condition was. The dining area was clean, but I didn't see any food preparation. I was kind of surprised that we were able to visit considering that we're still in pandemic, but everybody was wearing masks. I saw a library, a waiting room, and a movie theater. They have a nice movie theater and dining room. If family comes and they want privacy, they have a conference room, as well, where the families could meet. They have upgraded the facility.

Hi Ketty, It was our pleasure to show you and your family our community. Your feedback is so important to us, so thank you for sharing your experience!

June 20, 2021

By sjordan11

My 92 y/o uncle needed some rehab time after eye surgery, and we needed to get him into a facility very quickly. After reaching out to several facilities in the Briarcliff Manor area, Atria was by far the most friendly and helpful in meeting our urgent need. While only there for one month, the facility and the staff completely met our needs and made my uncle welcome and comfortable. I would strongly recommend Atria to those looking for either a short or long term assisted living solution for their loved ones.

It has been our pleasure to serve your uncle and your family. Our residents mean the world to us. Thank you for choosing Atria!

June 15, 2021

By Kelly J

The staff at Atria Briarcliff have been of tremendous help to my mother since she moved into the facility two weeks before the Covid Pandemic kicked in. I believe that their firm protocols are the reason my mother is alive today; that can't be said for residents at other facilities where the administration didn't take things seriously. My mother is feeling better than she has in years and has dropped 60+ pounds by eating the healthier options available on the Atria menu (she says "try the salmon", by the way). Other places may be fancier but there's no one else I'd trust my mom's health and well-being to than Atria Briarcliff. She's looking forward to the resumption of normal activities and so am I.

Kelly, We're thrilled to have your mother call our community home. Thank you for your support of us throughout the pandemic, and thank you for sharing your compliments of our staff (and the salmon).

December 20, 2020

By Debbie

I visited Atria Briarcliff Manor. It was an in-person tour. We were able to see where we were planning to live. The director that we met with was very helpful and very informative. I can say only good things. The rooms were very nice. They don't have a pool and there's not much space for therapy. They were very limited in what they would have in terms of facility for physical therapy. The facade was very nice. Atria Briarcliff Manor looked nice. The staff was nice. The room was very nice and it looked like a nice place to be. The location was kinda special for my father because it was on the side of the town where the town pool and the town park where we used to go there when we were kids, so that was part of what attracted us to go there in the first place to go look at it because it was familiar to him.

Hi Debbie, It was our pleasure to show you around our community. Your feedback is so important to us, so thank you for sharing your experience! We're looking forward to seeing your dad again soon.

December 20, 2019

By Kenneth

We chose Atria Briarcliff Manor for my parents because of the location, and the facility is outstanding across the board. There are constant activities, and they're extremely happy there. They have transportation, doctors office hours, and salon hours.

Kenneth, We are thrilled that your parents are happy at Atria Briarcliff Manor. Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your kind compliments.

August 24, 2019

By DT

Atria Briarcliff Manor was very nice, very clean, and very small, but the rooms were a decent size. My dad is always on the go, and the facility didn't have very much going on. The staff was excellent, informative, and very accommodating. It was a very quiet place.

Thank you for visiting us at Atria Briarcliff Manor. It was our pleasure to show you and your Dad around, and we hope to see you again soon.

October 02, 2018

By Kay

The rooms at Atria Briarcliff Manor were very clean and very nice. We saw a few activities. The dining area was very beautiful. The residents looked happy and active. The amenities were nice. They had a courtyard, a library and a whole bunch of spaces for activities.

January 27, 2018

By Kathryn

My mother is in Atria Briarcliff Manor. They help with medication and have been very supportive. The staff is friendly and kind. They have beautiful grounds located close to a village. The rooms are small but very nice. She goes to meals and sometimes bingo. It's not the best variety of activities for her, but it's good for some people. It's on the expensive side.

October 18, 2016

By Superman584856

I visited Atria Briarcliff Manor, and I like their staff. The place is really clean. Overall, the placed seemed OK to me.

September 11, 2016

By visitor143412

I liked Atria Briarcliff, I thought the layout was better, and they’ve got more space, so they’ve got more options for facilities. It was more appealing; it was around the corner from a little town, and there was a library. It seemed more comfortable. However, it bothered me that if someone got sick or fell, they don’t have the facility to treat them; they would have to go out to a hospital or rehab. You have to leave again if you need a nursing facility.

Thanks for visiting and sharing your feedback with us. Our state licensure limits the level of care we are allowed to provide. If you have any questions, you can email me.

September 02, 2016

By Julie774777

Atria Briarcliff Manor was only 15 minutes away from me. It was different because there was one big hall that went through the entire facility. Off this hall, there was a library, a movie room, a dining room, and a bingo room. It was all very attractive and uplifting. I thought it was fantastic. The staff was really rooting for my father, and they made the room he was going to be in so nice and comfy. It was a little studio with a sink, a small refrigerator, and a big bathroom. The staff disconnected the microwave because I told them to.

May 10, 2016

By AndrewHOAJD

Atria Briarcliff Manor was very nice. We looked at a studio that was too small. The one-bedroom unit perhaps would have fit her needs. The rooms and the whole facility were in wonderful condition. The staff was very helpful and not pushy. They had some sort of discussion class type of thing going on when we were there, and it seemed to be very well attended. It seemed like a social place. They had a cafe and a regular dining area, which looked like a very nice restaurant.

February 22, 2016

By Mary120372350

We liked that the memory care was very small at Atria Briarcliff Manor. They had only 15 patients. The director of sales used to be the director of the program in the memory care. When we got there, they were doing puzzles while a gentleman played the piano, and the residents were on their way to dinner. I also met the coordinator of the program. Everyone was very friendly and the residents greeted most of the staff members. My sister joined me, and we asked them about different levels of care, like what if my 89-year-old mom fell or something catastrophic happened, and they told us about their medical procedures. I was impressed because it had its own courtyard, and it's right next to a park. They told me that part of the program involves taking walks into town and having trips. They followed up with phone calls at different times.

May 22, 2015

We visited Atria Briarcliff Manor, and this is a beautiful facility. It was gorgeous. They provide transportation anywhere within a certain mile radius. We saw one room, and it was lovely. I would recommend this place.

November 19, 2011

By sister margaret

Other

My stepmother stayed for 11 months at Atria in Briarcliff manor after having had a stroke. She was 95 yrs old. Her care was exceptinal. She suffered from periods of dementia, and periods of being just fine. When she was fine, she believed that she was in a 5 star hotel while her condo was being painted. My stepsisters visited daily, and I took my father to visit at least monthly. I hope, if I ever need an assisted living placement that there will be something as nice as Atria.

May 07, 2009

By T. Howell

Wrap around porches are nice but hands on care is more essential. Visit family often if they stay for and request appropriate care. Perhaps well-meaning but nominal standards for the price. Hope it improves.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s valuable to us. I have shared your comments with our Regional Vice President and Executive Director. If you'd like to personally speak further, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Memory Care Reviews for Atria Briarcliff Manor

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Shabbat Service

• Pets: Yes

About Atria Briarcliff Manor

At Atria Briarcliff Manor, you'll enjoy the amenities of a resort in a country-style community nestled in the woods. Relax on our breezy wraparound porches and cozy parlors, or exercise at the nearby tennis courts and swim center with a helping hand from our skilled staff. Atria Briarcliff Manor is just 40 minutes from Manhattan.

Atria Bell Court Gardens offers the following services:

• Saflok® electronic key entry system
  • Computer room and wireless network throughout the community
  • Theatre with projection screen
  • 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Medication assistance
  • Memory-care neighborhood
  • Scheduled local transportation

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Atria Briarcliff Manor is located in the Town Park, a short walk to the Town Library and just two blocks to the center of the village.

Map of Atria Briarcliff Manor