Sunrise of New City

Sunrise of New City (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Sunrise of New City

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of New City

December 16, 2014

I visited Sunrise of New City. I had a very good experience with them. They actually gave us a taste of their desserts. It was excellent. Food was very good. The place was very sanitary. The dining area was also laid out nicely.

October 22, 2014

We chose Sunrise of New City for mother because it was close to a relative. I think the care is great, and they have a whole host of activities like every hour or two. They have morning exercises, afternoon movies, and word club games. They have trips outside -- like trips to different shopping strips. Once a month they have a family activity, and they have mass on Sundays; those are just a few of them. The facilities are beautiful, and the rooms are great; however they have an issue with the people who serve the food. If they don’t show up on time, they’re the ones who’s holding it up so breakfast, lunch and dinner can be very time consuming especially if you are not independent or if you are in a wheelchair. It can be very tedious, very long, and very upsetting, so that is the issue that most of the residents have now with the meals. On one hand it’s gorgeous, and they have all these activities that the administration and the volunteers are running, but the food part of it is just as important. This is just the one aspect that is a little troubling at the moment, and I hope that they resolve it soon; and if resolved, it is spectacular. It’s the best place, and it’s a great facility.

May 10, 2014

By Pat69419850

Sunrise of New City doesn't look like institutional. It looks like home. It's very bright, sunny, and there are lots of windows. And that's very important to me. They also have a nice dining room. It had a full linen tablecloth and napkins. They have a choice of food and a living room area that you would find in any home where the clients can look at television or listen to music. It's kind of homey looking. The staff is very friendly, and I like it. There's a doctor on call and nurses. I'm very happy with it. The rooms are very nice. They have music, sing-alongs, board games, bowling, passing a ball around, and bingo. I think it's really nice. I'm happy with it.

April 26, 2014

My mother has been at Sunrise for a while. She's very happy there, and that's the most important thing. They have movies. They play games. They have people come in and lecture. My mother doesn't take part in some of the activities, but she does go to some of the lectures. This place is like a hotel. They come in and help you with showers. She does her own medication.

December 22, 2013

By Mlo

Other

This place is a home away from home! I have seen residents make a new life for themselves at an older age with new friends and new interests! The care is good, the food is good and it is a very pretty place!

September 10, 2011

By Cate85

At Sunrise the quality of care was exceptional. The Staff were gracious and nice not only to the elders but to the families as well. They took the time to sit with us and listen to our thoughts and concerns as well. They were very helpful in answering any questions we had. There was staff available all hours of the day and night, should a problem occur with a patient. I felt that the staff took pride in their jobs and were happy to be working in their field.The grounds surrounding the home were well manicured. The facilities were beautiful. Everything was clean and kept neat. The staff take care in preparing meals for the seniors. They actually interact with the patients to find out what they like, and then try to incorporate it into their everyday.Also offered was creative classes to keep the seniors occupied throughout there day. Physical activities were also provided to keep them active and healthy. Housekeeping services were also provided such as trash removal and laundry services. However they were only provided on a weekly basis. Provided to the patients by the facility are wellness visits by a trained on staff nurse.

Photos of Sunrise of New City