23 Assisted Living Facilities near Spring Valley, NY
Also serving communities of Monsey, Chestnut Ridge, Nanuet, Sloatsburg, Tuxedo Park.
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Spring Valley area, with 3 in Spring Valley and 20 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 154 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Spring Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Spring Valley 3.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include New City with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Spring Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Spring Valley, NY
20 Assisted Living Facilities near Spring Valley, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Spring Valley
Situated just north of Chestnut Ridge next to Interstate 87, Spring Valley is a New York City suburb. About 32,600 people call the area home, and about 15 percent of the city’s residents are 55+. All but three of the 63 assisted living facilities are in nearby locations, such as Nyack, Chestnut Ridge and Sparkill. Some are located just across the state border in New Jersey. The New York Department of Health and the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services handle the licensing and regulation for these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Spring Valley
- Spring Valley's climate has a Sperling Comfort Index of 49 out of 100, a little better than other New York cities. In comparison, the national average is 54. While Spring Valley gets 50 inches of rain compared to the national average of 39, it gets just 25 inches of snow compared to the national average of 26. Temperatures range from 20 to 83 degrees.
Air quality in Spring Valley sits at 49 out of 100, based on the EPA’s National Air Toxics Assessment. The national average is 58. Risk of developing respiratory disease in the city is 51.5, making it better compared to the metro (43.4) and state (43.4) and slightly better for seniors with respiratory problems.
- Seniors can expect to pay more to live in an ALF in Spring Valley. Compared to the national average of 100, the city’s cost of living is ranked at 120.8. Housing is the issue here, but utilities also have a price tag that’s much higher than average (135).
- Seniors should consider that crime rates in Spring Valley are high, so safety will be more of a concern. Violent crime sits at 62.2 out of 100, while property crime sits at 52.1. For comparison, the national averages are 31.1 and 38.1.
- New York could help seniors in Spring Valley a little more in regard to taxes. Withdrawals from retirement accounts and private pension income both are both partially taxed. Social Security and public pension income, however, are not taxed.
- Spring Valley is home to world-class medical facilities, including Spring Valley Ben Gilman Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Spring Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Spring Valley start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Spring Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Spring Valley
New York programs that might help seniors in ALFs in Spring Valley include the Long-Term Home Health Program 1915(c) Waiver program, Assisted Living Program and an optional state supplement (OSS) to SSI recipients. New Jersey offers the 1115 Demonstration Waiver program and a Social Security supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Spring Valley
Spring Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Spring Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Spring Valley
Spring Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Spring Valley, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Spring Valley
Review of Evergreen Court Home for Adults
Any place you go, you've got to go with an open mind and an open heart. With the right attitude Evergreen Court Home for Adults can really become HOME for you. Read more
Review of Rudolf Steiner Fellowship Foundation
This is a wonderful community offering as much involvement in Community life as you are interested in. I moved here 3 months ago and am very happy living in this serene little rustic village. T... Read more
Review of Evergreen Court Home for Adults
The place has improved significantly over the past 5 years. Clean, new carpeting, and newly renovated common areas. Food, although not gourmet, has also improved significantly in taste. NOT bedb... Read more