44 Assisted Living Facilities near Norwood, NJ
Also serving communities of Old Tappan.
There are 44 Assisted Living Facilities in the Norwood area, with 1 in Norwood and 43 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Norwood is $6,510 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 391 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Norwood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Norwood 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sparkill with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Norwood, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Norwood, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Norwood
Norwood, New Jersey lies just west of the Hudson River and less than three hours from New York City. Norwood lets seniors enjoy a quiet lifestyle away from the big city but is close enough to take the occasional day trip to explore the Big Apple. Over 21 percent of people living in Norwood are 65 or older and the area offers 64 assisted living facilities for the senior population to choose from.
Assisted living facilities provide 24-hour support to four or more seniors in a home-like setting. Services such as prepared meals, medication management and personal care are offered. The Department of Health and Human Services designate policies on these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Norwood
- The Norwood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. John’s Riverside Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors living in Norwood can bask in the 209 days of sunshine and warm summer highs of 85 degrees. Seniors with limited mobility may have slight difficulty getting around in the winter, with lows of 23 degrees and 26 inches of snowfall.
- Seniors living in Norwood could be adversely affected by the air quality here. The American Lung Association gave the Bergen County area a failing ozone score of F.
- The crime rate is low in Norwood. Violent crime is rated 16.1 out of 100 (one being the safest), compared to the U.S. average of 31.1. Likewise, property crime is rated at 12.4, which is much lower than the U.S. average of 38.1.
- Low budget seniors may find it difficult to afford quality care services and their daily needs due to the high cost of living. Norwood has a cost of living score of 178.3, which is 78.30 percent higher than the national average.
- While Norwood is a small borough, seniors can still explore the arts by visiting the Belskie Museum in nearby Closter. They can also take in the warm sun and enjoy long nature walks in the nearby Rockleigh Woods Sanctuary.
Paying for Assisted Living in Norwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Norwood start around $6,600 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Norwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Norwood
The Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) is the state’s Medicaid waiver that offers support with assisted living costs to low-budget seniors who qualify. There are no state-funded programs that provide aid for assisted living at this time.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Norwood
Norwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Norwood, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Norwood
Norwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Norwood
Review of Atria Norwood
We went to Atria Norwood. They showed me the room, dining room, the gym, movie theater, and they told me how much it would cost me. It was expensive. Its a nice place to look at. Read more