Atria Woodlands

Atria Woodlands (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Atria Woodlands

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Woodlands

February 28, 2014

My husband stayed at Atria for four years. They were understaffed and they didn't seemed to know what they were doing because they brought breakfast in at 10:00 o'clock in the morning or 9:30 in the morning, and that was too late. The food service was very poor, because that section of that big community and the memory impaired people was the last and their food had to be reheated in the microwave. There was scrambled egg and I wanted to taste it but it was cold. So, I asked the caregiver to put it in the microwave, which she did but she was not very happy because I reported it. I didn't want my husband to have cold food. They promised me that they would do things and they never did. Everything was turning too bad that's why I decided to take him out. One thing they had was good activities. However, they don't have enough physical activities. They do some exercise but it was not done at regular times and if the resident was sleeping, they won't bother to wake him up.

I am sorry to hear about your husband’s experience and regret that as a result he has left our community. We do appreciate feedback from families and residents as they can provide valuable insight as to how we can constantly improve upon the services we provide. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors and should you feel like discussing your experience in further detail, we welcome the opportunity to connect with you. Please feel free to email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including "Atria Woodlands" in your subject line.

December 31, 2013

By Janice25

I was contacted very promptly by Atria Woodlands. When I went there for a visit once, I saw that the staff were very professional. The place itself was clean and well maintained. The grounds were very pleasant. I was pretty impressed with the memory care facility. They have activities and I found their activities to be adequate.

December 26, 2013

I visited Atria Woodlands for my sister-in-law. It was a great trip. Everyone treated me well. The whole place was pleasant, homey and cheerful. I have a positive impression on it. The staff was nice and pleasant. I just felt comfortable with this place for my sister-in-law seeing how the people there were treated. The residents seemed to be happy and calm. Their rooms were of comfortable sizes and they're all good.

February 28, 2013

Atria Woodlands is a beautiful facility. It has a full-service apartment, it's clean, and well-kept. The staff is caring, concern, and everyone I met seem to be very diligent, which is good.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Woodlands

May 29, 2013

By caring1263

Atria Woodlands is a very nice place. The people were very helpful and very nice. They even went out of the way for us. We had lunch there and the food was delicious. They have a big menu selection.

March 09, 2013

By Linda37

Atria Woodlands is close to where I live. Everybody's been really friendly, the food is good, the apartment is really nice and well-kept. My mom is on dialysis. The staff is very good.

August 13, 2011

By Geriatric Care Consultant

Other

My relationship with the Atria in Ardsley, NY is as a professional geriatric care manager. My client chose Atria as her new home in the summer of 2010, moving from her apartment in Manhattan, NYC. The facility was generous in their time and assistance prior to the move, arranging multiple visit to tour and review details with the client and her daughter. The actual move-in day was well coordinated with a staff member assigned specifically to the client for the entire day as a facilitator for the move as well as to provide a personal orientation to the facility throughout the day. Once moved in, the client received frequent visits from staff to assure her comfort and assist in any way. Recommendations for on-site medical support was provided when a new physician and other medical professionals were needed to provide care. Transportation needs are handled via the facility in a most satisfactory manner as are numerous group trips and leisure activities provided to meet a full compliment of interests. Meals have been well prepared with alternates available daily to meet specific requests. The physical plant is graciously decorated, designed in a comfortable and elegant style, providing a safe and lovely ambiance.

Photos of Atria Woodlands

Services and Amenities of Atria Woodlands

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: 24 Hour Security Guard

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Guidance Extra: Vlit Program For Those Who Qualify, This Is A Low Income Program For Those Who Qualify

Affiliations

• Affiliations Extra: None

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Atria Woodlands

At Atria Woodlands, you'll find an array of services and amenities to help you enjoy life and stay connected with your community. Whether it's a leisurely breakfast in the bistro, a workout in our state-of-the-art fitness center, or a stimulating educational seminar, you can be as busy or relaxed as you wish. Atria Woodlands features the largest wellness center in Westchester County - doctors and physical therapists affiliated with Dobbs Ferry Hospital are available on-site.

At Atria Woodlands, residents enjoy:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • 24-hour wellness staffing
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • All utilities provided, except phone and cable
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime Café with complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Concierge and reception desk
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Individually controlled heating and air-conditioning
  • Linen services
  • Medication assistance
  • Memory-care neighborhood
  • Scheduled local transportation
  • Wide variety of community spaces

Map of Atria Woodlands