Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake Woodcliff Lake, NJ

Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake

February 17, 2015

Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake was pretty much the same with the other Sunrise that I visited. However, they did not have interview, so I didn't know if they could offer my wife the services she needed. The rooms were very nice. I only met a couple of people, and they seemed fine.

February 15, 2015

By Anonymous92222050

My mother is in Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake. The rooms are lovely, the food is good, and the security is excellent. My only concern is that she is in the memory care unit, and I find her still staying in bed at 2 o’clock in the afternoon almost every day. I told the director that it is not appropriate, but it is still happening. One of the things I am disappointed about is that my mother does not know how to play the games. I told the staff to teach her, and they said they will, but they did not. They also do not get her out of her room.

October 15, 2014

By Jean94901450

I was very impressed with Sunrise. The woman at the desk was very professional and friendly. I was shown two or three rooms and some paperwork. The place was very clean, attractive, and bright -- not depressing. They have pretty courts at the front and it was very appealing. They showed me the dining room and the rooms they have activities in. The dining room looked very nice. She also gave me a copy of the menu which was nice. It was also close to other things like the highway, clothing stores, decorating stores, food shopping place, and restaurants.

September 29, 2014

Mom is in Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake. The people are very nice, but they are understaffed. They can only do so much. They didn't get mom out of bed for three days and that is not okay with me. The doctor comes in, but they didn't call me and tell me what medications they changed. I understand that they can't force anybody to do anything, but nobody goes to get her up, and I see six trays of food sitting in her kitchenette. That is unacceptable to me. I think there should be an in-between place between rehab and assisted living because she needs more help than what's she is having. I didn't yell at anybody because I know they are working hard there. On the other hand, it is called "assisted living," and they are supposed to assist them. I will suggest for them to have grief counseling for people whose spouse has just died, and for my mother who has just turned into a child. I want her to be happy for whatever time she has left. However, to me, it is more dangerous where she is at than she is at home. That's the way I feel and that is really true.

Thank you for your review and please know that we take all concerns seriously. We would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise so we can address concerns further. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

January 27, 2014

By Donna75767050

Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake is a beautiful facility, but it was out of my price range. The rooms are beautiful and well kept. They have excellent staff. The coordinator was very accommodating. They will take you out to the doctor within 10 miles. They also take you out to excursions if you are able to. They have in-house activities. They provide laundry service. They have a good chef for the food.

November 16, 2012

By Cathy11

I visited Sunrise Senior Living. Right now my mother is still with me, but when the time comes I think that's where she'll go because they have so many programs available to seniors, particularly the memory care program. The staff is absolutely wonderful. The rooms are large. They either provide furniture or you can bring your own. The food is restaurant-quality and there are amazing food choices available. Thirty years ago when our grandparents were in facilities, they were awful, but it's not that way anymore.

March 27, 2012

By clearwaters22

My experience with Sunrise was both positive and negative. The facility was usually very tidy and the staff were very friendly. However, there was on occasion a foul smell. Also, on one occasion a resident had a digestive accident and it took longer than expected for the mess to be cleaned up. Other than that the place was friendly and welcoming.

February 29, 2012

By crazygood

My experience with this assisted living home was a wonderful one. The staff is excellent and, more importantly, really caring towards my grandfather. There is always staff on call 24 hours per day and are trained in emergency response techniques. This is able to give my family and I peace of mind while away from our grandfather. The area is amazing and easy to drive to. It is a beautiful facility that reminds me of the comforts of home. The price is decent for all the various perks this facility offers in comparison with other living homes. The food is amazing, at least the couple of times i have eaten there, and my grandfather has never had a complaint. Again I attribute this positive quality to the excellence and professionalism of the staff. There are tons of programs to keep residence happy, occupied and entertained. Really these events bring the community together and create a family bond within the facility. I am so glad we were able to find this facility for my grandfather, and i cannot explain the relief of stress that comes from knowing he is in good hands.

Questions about Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Sunrise’s onboarding program includes comprehensive classroom training on a range of topics, from the fundamentals of assisted living and resident care to dining and activities. Additionally, team members receive hands-on training and continuing education throughout their careers. This training includes areas such as memory care, activities of daily living, infection control, falls, privacy, and resident rights.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

While our residents’ ages vary, they particularly enjoy our Sunrise Live With Purpose™ programming, which includes activities like art, music, learning, community involvement, physical activity, and more. We have adjusted some of our regular programming to further promote the health and safety of our residents and team members throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We have done so in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and health authorities.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our dedicated activities team engages residents based on their individual preferences. Activities can include art, music, learning, community involvement, and physical activity.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake offer to assisted living residents?

We provide scheduled transportation services for residents. Please contact us to learn more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We believe that quality food is an essential part of our residents’ overall well-being. Our dining program features well-balanced, homemade meals using fresh ingredients. Our highly trained, in-house chefs speak regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community. From BBQ to tacos to seafood, you can expect a diverse menu with an exciting variety of cuisine.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake offer to assisted living residents?

Our residents enjoy senior-friendly living spaces designed for comfort and safety, including an emergency call response system. We assess residents every month during wellness visits to determine if they will require additional safety with an individual emergency pendant.

How does Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We provide regular updates via mail, phone, and email. Our team members also help our residents video chat with their loved ones on Skype and FaceTime. Through our electronic health record system, our team members can easily see and document information such as residents’ care delivery, medications, diagnoses, and activities of daily living, among others. As a result, when authorized family members contact our care team with questions, we are able to provide timely updates.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Life Enrichment Managers get to know each resident’s unique preferences, hobbies, and life experiences to help them experience meaning and purpose each day. Residents engage by participating in a variety of programming, such as art projects, crafts, puzzles, and other creative and cognitive activities. By combining current research on social engagement and brain health, and building upon our Sunrise Live With Purpose™ programming, we offer memory support programs that focus on strengthening and maintaining our residents’ cognitive abilities. These programs leverage things like physical fitness, occupation-based activities, and daily journals to help residents find meaning and purpose every day.

What techniques does Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We are committed to creating a familiar, pleasant, and dignified dining experience for our memory care residents. Our dining rooms are warm and inviting with fresh flowers, linens, and soft music. Fiestaware china, finger foods, and contrasting table linens are among the tools that promote independence. Residents are presented choices visually, allowed time to make their selection, and given their chosen item quickly after the selection has been made.

How does Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Photos of Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake