Ridgewood, a suburb of the New York metropolitan area, was first settled in 1700. The historic town offers many cultural amenities, with a well-preserved downtown and beautiful parks. The overall population in Ridgewood is 25,056, with 14.1% of them adults aged 65 and over. Seniors living in Ridgewood have access to many health care professionals, with nearly double the number of physicians available to residents than the U.S. average. The Valley Hospital has a unit dedicated to acute care for the elderly, with geriatric nurses, social workers and other senior care health practitioners on its inpatient team.

Nursing home costs in Ridgewood are quite high, according to the 2020 Genworth Cost of Care Survey. A semiprivate nursing home room in Ridgewood averages $11,711 a month, considerably more expensive than the national average of $7,756 for a comparable room.

Seniors who require 24-hour supervision with ongoing health care support provided by skilled nurses and personal care aides often need placement in a nursing home setting. However, many seniors may find that home health care services can be a more appropriate and cost-effective way to receive the care and support needed to age in place. Others may benefit from moving to an assisted living facility rather than a costly nursing home when possible.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Ridgewood, NJ

Family of Caring Ridgewood

304 S. Van Dien Ave, Ridgewood, NJ, 07450

Absolutely WONDRFUL facility! My mother spent a couple of weeks there June & July 2017 – she suffered mini-strokes and a undiagnosed urinary track infection/septis along with delirium. Months … (read more)

Ridgewood Center

330 Franklin Turnpike, Ridgewood, NJ, 07450

Uncaring staff bordering on abusive. My father was a resident here while recovering from major surgery. To say the staff was uncaring would be an understatement – the nurses were horrible and not suit … (read more)

2021

Regency Gardens Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

296 Hamburg Turnpike, Wayne, NJ, 07470

My wife had a stroke and after numerous hospital stays and setbacks eventually ended up at Regency Gardens Post-Acute & Nursing in Wayne, NJ. She was speaking very little and was not walking at al … (read more)

CareOne at Teaneck

544 Teaneck Road, Teaneck, NJ, 07666

My mother had stayed here after leaving the hospital..Due to the covid..we weren’t able to see her room or visit her inside. The facility was very serious about everyone being protected for the patien … (read more)

CareOne at Valley

300 Old Hook Road, Westwood, NJ, 07675

This is very nice clean and care police. They had very good care of my mom aunt food was very good. Rooms very clean. And staff very friendly.

New Jersey Veterans Memorial Homes Paramus

1 Veterans Driv, Paramus, NJ, 07652

My Dad resides at this Veteran’s Home. He is happy, cared for, clean, treated with love and respect by everyone there. I am so happy with the care and attention he gets. The care givers , nurses, a … (read more)

Atrium Post Acute Care of Park Ridge

120 Noyes Drive, Park Ridge, NJ, 07656

This place has gone downhill. My loved one’s room is dirty and is not cleaned on a daily bases, she was told they have no whole milk in the building only skim, day after Christmas no one came in to … (read more)

Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center

1140 Black Oak Ridge Road , Wayne, NJ, 07470

My mother is in the Llanfair Care and Rehabilitation Center dementia ward. The nurses are caring. They’re limited to one floor because the dementia patients are a flight risk, but they go down for phy … (read more)

Preakness Healthcare Center

305 Oldham Road, Wayne, NJ, 07470

My Mother-in-Law Amelia C. was a Resident for 4 years. We were SO Happy we chose PH for her. After 4 years in our home, a mini stroke and the onset of Alzheimer’s made our decision to find a place … (read more)

Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center

532 Farview Ave, Paramus, NJ, 07652

My grandmother has been at Dellridge for some time now and the care has been exceptional and she is very content in her environment. One of her nurses, Joana, is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate … (read more)

Daughters Of Miriam Center

155 HAZEL STREET, Clifton, NJ, 07015

Have employees on quarantine because of Corona Virus and did not notify anyone of families or other personnel. also 2 SUSPECTED cases of Positive in patients

The Willows at Ramapo

30 Cragmere Road , Suffern, NY, 10901

The staff is uncaring and unavailable. There was practically no help for my paralyzed aunt. There were no staff available to take patients to and from the few activities available. There was no brush … (read more)

Lakeview Subacute Care Center

130 Terhune Drive, Wayne, NJ, 07470

Not sure who I am more angry with this facility or Aetna. My sister was admitted here after being denied multiple times by Aetna for the facility the hospital staff recommended. During Covid sent her … (read more)

Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation

100 West Magnolia Avenue , Maywood, NJ, 07607

If I could give this place negative stars, I would. I am writing this review a day after my 84-year-old father was released from the Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation. I needed to calm do … (read more)

Alaris Health at The Chateau

96 Parkway, Rochelle Park, NJ, 07662

I went visit a friend family at this place and I really really feel bad. The patient was very thirsty and have no water, I didn’t find any staff member when I try to get water, besides that I think … (read more)

CareOne at New Milford

800 River Road, New Milford, NJ, 07646

My father in law was in Care One New Milford back in July of 2020. I wasn’t sure what to expect with COVID, but was impressed with the staff and his care. He had an infection and needed antibiotics al … (read more)

The Actors Fund Home

175 West Hudson Ave, Englewood, NJ, 07631

Beginning in the early 2000’s & as recently as 2011, several friends have resided at the Actors Fund Home. Indeed, I was a hands-on caregiver & Executor for one. Over the years, I have gotte … (read more)

Doctors Subacute Care

59 Birch Street , Paterson, NJ, 07522

Neg stars horrible experience here expressed my concerns and got a bs apology everytime and still same things keep happening would never recommend this place to anyone NOT EVEN MY ENEMIES

CareOne at Wellington

301 Union St, Hackensack, NJ, 07601

CareOne Wellington, in Hackensack, New Jersey, is an absolute disgrace of an establishment. Not only was my mother’s health put in jeopardy, but they displayed an egregious and erroneous disregard f … (read more)

CareOne at Oradell

600 Kinderkamack Road, Oradell, NJ, 07649

I am both a nephew and my aunt’s POA. After an exhausting search we settled on CareOne. They are a fine facility. Upper management is reachable and will take the time to discuss any issues which ma … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Ridgewood, NJ

The average cost of nursing home care in Ridgewood is $11,711 per month for a semiprivate room. A private room averages $12,927.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

When comparing the costs of nursing homes in Ridgewood with average U.S. city costs, the rates in Ridgewood are $4,015 more expensive per month. Ridgewood’s average nursing costs for a semiprivate room are also $517 higher than the average costs in the state of New Jersey. Monthly nursing home costs are less expensive for Trenton residents by $988. Nursing home costs in other area towns such as New Haven, CT, and Poughkeepsie, NY, are higher, with monthly costs exceeding Ridgewood’s by as much as $624 and $1,977, respectively.

$11771

Poughkeepsie, NY

$12395

New Haven, CT

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

It’s also informative to compare other options for senior care with the costs for nursing homes in Ridgewood. For instance, the least pricey choice for some seniors is an adult day care health center, which averages only $1,950 per month. For those who wish to move into an assisted living home in Ridgewood, prices average nearly half the cost of a nursing home at $5,991. Most seniors prefer to age in place in their own homes with the assistance of a home care or home health aide, either of which comes with an average cost of $4,957 per month.

$4957

Adult day health care

$5991

Assisted living

$11771

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$12927

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Ridgewood was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, New York Area, NY, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Ridgewood, NJ

Free Resources for Seniors in Ridgewood, NJ

The free or greatly discounted resources listed below may be helpful to seniors living in Ridgewood. These programs and services provide assistance to those who want to continue living as independently as possible with some help in various areas of life.

ResourceContactService

Village of Ridgewood Senior TransportationSenior Bus: (201) 670-5500 Ext. 203Discount Taxi: (201) 494-4444Ridgewood has a senior bus service that runs on specific days of the week to transport older adults from their homes to and from locations within the village and local area. There is also a discount taxi program offering coupons to seniors that lower the cost of a cab ride to local destinations by about 50%.
Community Meals (201) 447-8295Healthy, home-delivered meals are provided to homebound seniors in Ridgewood who can’t prepare food or shop for their own nutritional needs. One hot or cold seasonal meal is delivered each day.
Northwest Senior Center(201) 445-5690Open Monday through Friday, this Bergen County activity center for seniors is located in nearby Midland Park. Its monthly calendar of events includes crafts, games, educational programs, exercise classes, continental breakfasts and a hot lunch.