Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center

March 28, 2017

By bobno

Awful. My family member went it for rehab for about 30 days. He also has dementia which apparently they are not equipped to handle.1st Day of paperwork they were pressuring to enroll him in the nursing home and asking about his assets. He was there for rehab!!! Assets for nursing home care wasn't any of there business or an option for our family. This place is horrible. Like a bad shady car salesmen.

August 14, 2016

By Caring_2646352

I was a patient at Dellridge from 4/21-4/30 for rehab from a hip surery. I must compliment the Dellridge on its delivery of its mission statement and superior client care. Your teams; too many to rememebr were the 1st class, kind, considerate and very accommodating to my needs. Exceptional on every level. I have been blessed as this was my 1st major rehabilitation from a surgery or this kind of aftercare since I was in Walter Reed in the 70's. My only other expereicen was seeing friends in some NYC rehab's. Wow you guy beat them hands down. The care, updates and information on my stay was outstanding. Each and every one from the doctors, your top nurses aides and PT/OT teams, to the individual who cleaned my room or delivered my meals were unbeleivable. P.S. - your kitchen staff were tops!! 5 Star soups! I hope I don't need it again, but keep the light on and bed ready. Know for sure I will be calling.

July 28, 2016

By change agent

My aunt, who is a very difficult and demanding person was at Dellridge for 15 days of PT, this July.. Everyone at Dellridge who interacted with her, overlooked her attitude and provided the best professional care. Any medical issue or concern I voiced was addressed quickly, with an informed response. Dellridge is the best, and deserves high marks, based on all the other facilities that have cared for her since the summer of 2014. of .

June 27, 2016

By emgrk

My Mom was at Dell Ridge Rehab after falling and breaking her hip. The aides were wonderful. The nurses did little more than dispense medication. The administration was useless. Dell Ridge made repeated mistakes with my Mom. (1) Her doctor gave PT orders for “weight bearing as tolerated”. One of the nurses at Dell Ridge said that the order was unclear, “called” the doctor’s office for clarification and changed the order to read “non weight bearing”. The nurse did not get the name of the person she spoke with at the doctor’s office. The nurse did not sign or initial the change on the paperwork. My Mom went two weeks without being allowed to put any weight on her leg. Two weeks that she wasn’t allowed to use the toilet. Two weeks that she sat in a wheel chair getting sores. Two weeks that she had to be transferred to bed with a lift. Two weeks of wasted PT. Then we went to the doctor for a follow up. He was shocked that she wasn’t getting weight bearing PT. (2) One evening, Mom was in tremendous pain. I rang her call button for the nurse. I went out to find the nurse. It was close to an hour before I could get a nurse to bring her some pain medication. (3) During her stay, Mom also had problems with her blood work. Nobody at Dell Ridge called to tell me that there was a problem. I found out when a nurse called me for the name of her hematologist. But the nurse didn’t know what the problem was or why they needed the hematologist’s contact info. I had to continue asking questions to find out what the problem was. (4) When Mom was finally discharged they provided me with a list of medications that differed from what she was taking previously. I double checked with her primary care physician and put her back on the same meds she was on before the incident happened. In summary, I would definitely NOT recommend Dell Ridge for anyone who cannot advocate for themselves.

May 27, 2016

By Anne K

Writing reviews is not my cup of tea, but I feel compelled to share my experience. A good friend of mine was discharged to this facility to recover and get Physical and Occupational therapy after having had a successful surgery. This place is awfully small, so small that maneuvering wheelchairs in the room can be difficult. There is hardly any accommodation for visitors of residents who choose to visit bedside. The staff here are unprofessional and unmannerly, a sad and angry bunch. I would stand at the front desk and nurses' station waiting patiently to be acknowledged and helped. If they happened to look up from what they are doing, they are rude, very dismissive, and not helpful. The nurses have absolutely no bedside manner and go about their duties with the residents with no patience and kindness, and pretend as though guests are invisible. The aides are loud, cantankerous and have attitudes that stink long after you have left this place. Pressing the call button is a waste of time, they come hours after if at all, upset that you are in need of their assistance. My friend who is listed as a two person assist had one aide struggle to put her on the toilet on her own and almost injured her trying to catch her falling. Missed catastrophy, she then left the resident on the toilet unattended and went in search of someone to assist her. The therapy here is a joke, the residents are parked in their wheelchairs and instructed or shown how to perform a task/action and the therapist is off to wheel someone out or instruct or assist someone else. Sometimes they are so busy talking with one another the resident is lucky if they get fifteen minutes of therapy for the entire session. The therapist appear flabbergasted with the more difficult cases (as my friend was), and would very quickly begin to loose their patience. The final straw for me was the medication, which was not being given and not being given in advance of therapy to enable pain management for my friend, even though it was requested on a schedule because my friend has dementia. The nurse lied to our faces, arguing that she had given the medication when she clearly did not as we were with my friend the entire day. The family was refused her chart even though they had PoA. The nurses and aides could be heard speaking ill of us, in the hallway just outside the room because we asked questions and kept on top of my friend's care. The bottom line is this facility is no good. They don't care about the residents, they dislike their jobs and they could care less because Medicare is paying. I have nothing positive or pleasant to say about this place and will never recommend it to anyone, not even an enemy. The place isn't fit for dogs. Save yourself and or your loved one, the harrowing experience of ever having to step foot near this horrible place.

August 10, 2015

By Patsy16

My father was at Dellridge. It was very nice. The room was nice. It was OK. They had some games, but most of them just sat in their wheelchairs. The dining area was nice. They had therapy too, and the people were nice.

May 29, 2015

By Amy Elizabeth

When we first brought my sister there, I will admit everyone was extremely pleasant and attentive to her needs. After a short amount of time there, I noticed her health deteriorating. She did not receive the treatment and attention we were promised when bringing her there. It got to a point where we had to have her transferred to another facility due to our grave concern regarding her health and overall safety.

September 29, 2014

Mom stayed in Dellridge Rehab and I thought they were absolutely excellent. They were on the ball. They had call buttons, and when she stood up and forgot to use her call button, the buzzer goes off and someone from staff would come running. The only reason why I took out one star and would give them only 4-star rating was because one night I was there very late, and she was in so much pain. She's 89 years old and she did have 3 compression fractures in her thigh, they're not going to heal fast and they're going to hurt like hell. My main objection right now was to get her out of pain. I was talking with the nurse who was on duty that night and I said: "I think she needs a little bit of something like a little geriatric dose of some sort of pain medicine" and she said to me: "You know what, I feel the same way". The next night I went in, she spoke with me and she said: "Oh, I have bad news. I spoke to my supervisor and she said absolutely not! That's how we keep our 5-star rating. We don't drug our patients." I told her: "I am not asking you to give her Corzine. I am asking you a geriatric dose of some sort of pain medication. We're worried about her being a drug addict at 89 years old." In fact, I would even take another star and just make them average because I didn't know like at the last meeting when they told me "Okay you have two days to find another facility." They didn't give enough time. I felt like they should have given me at least a week to find an assisted living place for her. I just felt like they were not happy people. If they don't have a happy staff, they don't have happy people.

August 22, 2014

By maggie24

It is very nice place, very clean but not for a person with dementia. My Mom fell quite a few times and eventually broke a hip. They just don't have the staff to be able to watch a patient with dementia. But, the aides are terrific. Nurses nice. Doctors do not call you back though. Food selection is great. Cannot say anything bad except do not put dementia diagnosed person in there.

October 23, 2012

By bigjim82

When her doctors informed our family that it was time for my Grandmother to move to a nursing home the news did not come easy. She previously had been living for 7 years at a very nice independent living community. But she could no longer take care of herself and it was time to find a nursing home. I helped take the lead in my family's research to find the best nursing home (because I lived nearby her) and I did extensive local research. We would up picking Dell Ridge in Paramus, New Jersey. The place took exceptional care of my grandmother and there was never a worry about her safety or well being. The only complaint we had at all was how expensive it became. But, you get that problem no matter where you go if you don't have long term care insurance. All in all I give it a 9 out of 10.

July 02, 2012

By bigfrank82

Del Ridge provides top-notch reliable and safe service. The best part about Del Ridge is that you can rest assured that your loved one is in safe hands. My grandmother was there for over two years and we never once had any kind of problem. She was always clean and up for the day, fed well, and kept busy with activities. A big positive of Del Ridge is their wide variety of activities that they provide to keep the residents from being bored. Our family's only complaint about Del Ridge was the expense. It is very hard to afford on a long-term basis if you don't have long term care insurance, and ultimately, the cost was the sole reason why we had to move my grandmother out of Del Ridge. I am sure the prices vary depending on the level of care but it was $11,000 a month for my grandmother and this kind of expense on a regular reoccurring basis was simply unsustainable for our family. If money isn't an issue, however, I can confidently recommend Del Ridge to anybody.

Services and Amenities of Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center

Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Paramus, New Jersey that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center