CareOne at The Cupola

Reviews of CareOne at The Cupola

Assisted Living Reviews for CareOne at The Cupola

September 15, 2016

By Barbara177702

I was really impressed with CareOne and how it was ran. It was a beautiful facility. But the cost was so expensive, and they didn’t accept Medicaid. I loved that they had a glass enclosure with birds, and it was a very calm environment, and then they had something with fish, so it was something different than the other places. They were actually in the middle of doing construction when we were there. I thought it was beautiful but very costly. The location was very nice; the environment was very nice. I didn’t see too many staff members, but I think we might have come at a time when people were eating, so probably they were all in a cafeteria kind of thing.

May 10, 2016

By DanielCEIEC

My mom has been in CareOne for over a year and a half and is doing fine. I really like it. They provide everything you need. My mom has Alzheimer’s, so she doesn’t do many activities. The work ethics are fine. She loves the food. The room is very clean and very nice. The staff is very good, pleasant, and well trained.

March 18, 2016

By Stanley6

The community at CareOne is very nice. The nursing staff and the people who work there are very good, but it’s very expensive, and Mother has to share a room. The service and food is very good. They have programs for Alzheimer’s and dementia, but they need to increase those and allow access to the outside.

December 09, 2015

By keylime3

I stayed at Care One recently. It was the fourth time I was here since 2009. The best things about the facility are the therapists and the nurses and aides. They are trying to do their best. However, the kitchen did not seem to know what they were doing. When my roommate and I filled out our meal choices, we almost always received the opposite. Who knows why. The aides tried to help and would then go to the kitchen for something we wanted. There was construction so it was noisy and dusty and smelling of paint. Also, our room was switched and our belongings were moved more than once to accommodate their supposed improvement of the rooms. Very upsetting and stressful. My roommate and I felt that the owner/manager only cared about having a full facility - with no consideration of the inhabitants. At this point, I feel I would return again if I needed to - for the wonderful employees - but I would visit first to be sure the things I listed above had not deteriorated any further.

May 08, 2015

By Caring71919550

Care One is a very nice place and very clean. It is very reasonable and very good. The lady was very nice in explaining everything. I can recommend it first of all because of the cleanliness of the place. That is very important at least for me. It is very clean, and everybody seems to be attentive. They have very good activities for somebody that really needs help. They also have an Alzheimer's area and assisted living. Whatever you need is there. The area is very nice as well.

July 02, 2014

By look further july 2014

I visited this facility off hours, late evening and a Sunday before scheduled appointment for family member, no one stopped me at desk to sign in, one receptiontist showed annoyance with party resident and or busy on their cell phone! Residents sleeping In lobby as well as in tv blasting activity room off lobby. Most of residents in wheelchairs or using walkers and requirie full asistance as well from staff. No supervisor and or administration available in evening hours to discuss concerns or questions. Residents sit outdoors in front entrance looking at parking lot or hoping to get to gazebo in middle of parking lot without getting caught on curb or getting hit by a car while In their wheelchair or walking slowly . Staff smoke in gazebo too. No lights at several entrances in parking lot "light disruptive to residents on top floor" stated visitor who saw my puzzled face and had also inquired for own safety when visiting. Actually most residents have private aides for care because every thing is extra because they want assissted living status . Nurse covering several units for medication distributing. Clean surroundings, food appealing but no real difference from extended care facility. Cancelled application for family member , found better placement within same town.

July 31, 2013

By Joan18

I was there when I was recuperating. It was absolutely lovely. It was in a lovely area and they were great.

February 22, 2013

By Evie2

My father-in-law was in the rehab center before he went into CareOne. The food was better, they gave him a lot of attention, and the place is also convenient for my sister-in-law to visit him, so they decided that's where they wanted him. They like the care and the physical therapy they're providing. We're really pleased with it.

September 10, 2012

By theydeservebetter

If you're looking for a place with great healthy food, wonderful, warm, long-term employees, individualized care, this is not the place. Here's an example of a recent meal for an adult male with dietary restrictions for sodium: 1 hot dog on a white bun. These are not toddlers, they are adults! C'mon, senior care like this is shameful, especially when you're paying thousands of dollars per month. We owe more to our senior population.

October 19, 2011

By NJSara

The Cupola facility is very nice and welcoming to visitors. They just completed some new renovations to enhance the beauty of the facility recently. I went there to visit my grandmother often and always found the staff to be kind and welcoming too. The cleaning staff does a great job and the cooking staff as well. I always heard about the meals my grandmother was being served which often included things like steak or lobster. On the negative side, my grandmother's room was quite small and she had to travel quite far to get from her room to the dining facilities and common areas. But she has a private bathroom that is clean and large and well equipped for someone who isn't as mobile as she used to be. Overall I think the facility is a nice option if you don't have a fortune to spend. It is reasonably priced and there are plenty of social activities for the residents to participate in so that it feels like home (such as bus trips to Atlantic City or organized card games).

Memory Care Reviews for CareOne at The Cupola

Questions about CareOne at The Cupola

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at CareOne at The Cupola. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

the Cupola is a very active community from the women and men's clubs, entertainment, daily happy hour and weekly social outings.

What transportation services does CareOne at The Cupola offer to assisted living residents?

We have weekly bus transportation to the grocery store, monthly transportation to the library, movies, lunch outings and more.

Costs for CareOne at The Cupola

Photos of CareOne at The Cupola

Services and Amenities of CareOne at The Cupola

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: 5a000

About CareOne at The Cupola

CareOne at The Cupola, a premier provider of assisted living and respite care services, features a dedicated, skilled staff, leading-edge specialized clinical services tailored to residents' needs and a variety of contemporary activities and amenities. Our beautifully appointed center can accommodate up to 165 residents.

A neighborhood staple, The Cupola has been in Paramus for over 50 years! We take immense pride in the longevity of our community, residents, and staff members. We are experts in the field of senior living and are happy to serve as a source of guidance, insight, and assistance to all.

Map of CareOne at The Cupola