43 Assisted Living Facilities near Teaneck, NJ
Also serving communities of Englewood, Edgewater.
There are 43 Assisted Living Facilities in the Teaneck area, with 2 in Teaneck and 41 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Teaneck is $4,658 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Yonkers with an average starting cost of $3,530.
To help you with your search, browse the 298 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Teaneck. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Teaneck 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Midland Park with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Teaneck, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Teaneck, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Teaneck
Teaneck is a township in northern New Jersey and a suburb in the New York metropolitan area that has a population of approximately 40,000 people. The city came to national attention in the 1960s when Teaneck was the first community in the United States to vote for integrated schools. Some of the oldest homes in America are found here, which may be a comfort to the city’s seniors who make up more than 16.5% of Teaneck’s population.
Teaneck offers two assisted living residences (ALRs) to support older adults who need help with meal prep, housekeeping and medical care, and another 42 ALRs are located in surrounding cities. The New Jersey Department of Health regulates these communities in Teaneck, as in all of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Teaneck
- Teaneck is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Seniors with lung or heart conditions should know that the American Lung Association grades Teaneck’s location in Bergen County with an “F” for ozone pollution and a “B” for particle pollution. This could be a health concern, especially for seniors who enjoy being active outdoors.
- The Teaneck area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Holy Name Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors on a tight budget may be concerned with Teaneck’s overall cost of living that’s nearly 50% higher than the national average. Although grocery and healthcare costs are about equal to the U.S. average, housing is twice as costly and transportation is nearly 70% higher.
- Teaneck offers an array of services for seniors, including the Senior Center, which provides a well-equipped game room as well as year-round programs, activities and special events.
- Security-conscious seniors may be relieved to know that Teaneck’s crime rates are lower than the national averages. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being high violent crime, Teaneck ranks 11.1, which is half the U.S. average of 22.7. With a 23.2 property crime rate, Teaberry again comes in lower than the national average of 35.4.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Teaneck
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Teaneck start around $4,658 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Teaneck and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Teaneck
To help Teaneck seniors pay for a variety of supportive personal care and health services, including assisted living, New Jersey offers a Medicaid-managed care program called Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Teaneck
Teaneck and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Teaneck, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Teaneck
Teaneck-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Teaneck, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Teaneck
Review of Bright Side Manor
Bright Side Manor was not good. It was a dark, dingy, and a very tight place. There was a water stain on the ceiling in the dining room. You could also smell the food as soon as you walk in the doo... Read more
Review of Bright Side Manor
Bright Side Manor is a gift from God for my sister. It's extremely difficult to find a caring facility that accepts medicare / medicaid. I don't know what we would have done without Bright Side. Sh... Read more
Review of Five Star Premier Residences of Teaneck
I went and looked at Five Star Premier Residences. I walked around, and it was a beautiful place, but I didn't speak to anybody. However, the ambience was good. Read more