Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

Assisted Living Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

August 28, 2014

By Jostine

We visited Brighton Gardens. The place was clean and it looked more like a hotel rather than an assisted living place and it was nice. We liked the person with whom we spoke with-- I believe her name was Victoria. I thought she was the lead sales person there. We liked the amenities that would have been provided should my dad have chosen that place. I liked the location and the freedom that they had. They offered get-together hours. They had tour buses which took people where they wanted to go. They had a gym. The only negative I would say was that, if he lived in this facility and became really sick, we would have to find another place for him, as opposed to having an actual facility in there already, which a lot of communities had. However, if my dad had decided to go with them, I don't think we would have had any problem with it. I thought it would have met his needs.

June 25, 2014

They have many different kind of activities at Brighton Gardens. My mother participates in bingo and enjoys that very much. Her room there is fine for her. Regarding the staff, there are some very caring and wonderful people there, and there are some people who are probably not in the right place for the job. I have talked to the management about them, and they were receptive. The food is very good. Overall, Brighton Gardens is a very good choice.

May 30, 2014

By Cindy48

The staff at Brighton Gardens was really, really wonderful. The rooms seemed very small; it's a little more like a hotel. It didn’t seem homey, but the place is wonderful. When we visited the facility, there was an activity going on, and the residents seemed happy.

March 31, 2014

I am in Brighton Gardens now. They offered respite care. I was able to make the arrangements very easily over the phone. I've only been here for six weeks. I have a room, it's about 350 sq. ft., and it has a kitchenette area. It has two very generous closets and a very big bathroom with a handicap shower, and it's very pleasant. Windows are very important to me, and they have the biggest windows I saw in any assisted living places that I visited, or in the pictures. These windows are absolutely beautiful, and my room is flooded with light all day long, so that's what's important to me. The staff is extremely pleasant, for the most part, very helpful, and it's not generally hard to find help if you need it. The food is mediocre. Sometimes it's very good, and sometimes you really wish it would go away. It's very changeable, except that their vegetables are all fresh vegetables, and their fruit is very good. I have not taken part in any activities. I am not that type of person, but we did have a St. Patrick's Day party the other evening, and that was a great load of fun.

December 18, 2012

By Sueanne1

I was searching for assisted living facilities for my father and decided to look at 3 within a 10 minute drive of our home. Brighton Gardens was the first of the three I visited. Upon entering the parking lot I noted the beautiful grounds and welcoming entrance decorated appropriately for the season. Walking in I was greeted by a lovely receptionist who escorted me to the directors office, She offered me something to drink and chatted for awhile until the director arrived. Everyone was gracious and friendly. After speaking with the director, Donna, she confidently stated that she was certain that we would be choosing Brighton gardens. I was impressed with her confidence. I was shown the facility and as an RN myself I was looking for certain things. Were the areas clean neat and free of potential obstacles for those with canes, walkers etc.? Were the employees smiling and caring toward the residents? Were the accomodations spacious well kept without obnoxious odors, were there safety precautions? The answers were yes, yes and yes! Then the price would it be affordable..yes! The next step was to visit the 2 other facilites and then bring my dad and sister to the one I thought met all of our requirements and of course that my dad felt comfortable there. I left after that first visit with a positive impression. The other 2 facilites paled in comparison to Brighton Gardens! There was no question Brighton Gardens was the only choice. My dad and sister went for a tour and lunch and also loved it. My father did a one month trial and then decided to become a resident. He has thrived there. He is ambulating better and is much more communicative. He enjoys the meals and of course the afternoon cocktail. I would highly recommend this facility. i

April 20, 2012

By Joe P.

We wanted to get my mom out of the nursing home she was in, so my sister found Brighton Gardens. I think the place is great. It's clean and modern. They are a caring bunch. Most importantly, my mother is happy.

Questions about Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Each month we have in-services on new techniques and state regulations along with dementia training . we also have in-services done by professionals in the industry to continue to keep the team up to par with industry standards. Also all staff members hold a CPR certification

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brighton Gardens of Saddle River. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 83 years old. residents enjoy Bingo, Ceramic's classes, Oil Painting, on and off premise activities

What programs or activities does Brighton Gardens of Saddle River offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Living with Learning Mind your mind, 366 (All brain exercises) Live with Movement Chair Zumba, Exercise essentials, (with bands, balls, weights and putty) Tai Chi, Go4Life (walking club) Live with Artistry MOMA (museum of Modern Arts Exploration) Oil Painting Classes, Ceramics Classes and weekly crafting classes Live with melody Sing Fit (Mind, Body, Spirit exploration through music) Music Melody's Live entertainment each week Live with Generosity Staying involved in the community by doing Philanthropic acts (I.E. baking for the animal shelter, clothing drive for the poor, intergenerational activities & giving back to our Heroes and Troops) Live with Reflection Sabbath Services weekly, in house catholic Mass and weekly trips to catholic church and protestant church. In house monthly Protestant services, Eucharistic Ministries twice a week and Rosary club

What places are near Brighton Gardens of Saddle River or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Downtown Allendale which comprises of resultants and local shopping

What transportation services does Brighton Gardens of Saddle River offer to assisted living residents?

Shopping on Monday's, Outings on Weds & Fridays, and Doctor Appointments on Tuesday & Thursdays

What makes the chef or dining program at Brighton Gardens of Saddle River exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

3 Home made meals a day, open dining for Breakfast menu is open to resident's choice (anything they request they can have). Italian Metropolitan menu with different choices for Lunch and Dinner changes each day. Restaurant Style service in the dining room , our kitchen can also follow all dietary restrictions

What safety features or security measures does Brighton Gardens of Saddle River offer to assisted living residents?

Emergency call bell system in Bedroom and Bathroom Area. Pendant free of charge for each resident. Fire Safety Fire sprinklers in each apartment, fire doors separating each area of the community. Building Generator we are up and running business as usual during emergencies

How does Brighton Gardens of Saddle River keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

many different layers of communication, team members, to nursing down to concierge all hands on deck for each resident. Our goal is to have answers for residents no matter what. Systems we use is Point Click Care and EMAR system.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brighton Gardens of Saddle River during daytime and nighttime hours?

Brighton Gardens of Saddle River Variably Staffs this is depicted by the level of care of the residents which correlates to amount of hours per shift. This allows Brighton Gardens to be properly staffed for each shift based on residents needs.

If Brighton Gardens of Saddle River accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pet's are welcome free of charge, dogs must be on a leash in public spaces pets are welcomed in all out door areas and public spaces in the community except for dinning room

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Brighton Gardens of Saddle River provide to protect residents who wander?

our community has two secured environments one on the first floor with a secured Courtyard and the other on the second floor.

What programs or activities does Brighton Gardens of Saddle River offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Living with Learning Mind your mind, 366 (All brain exercises) Live with Movement Chair Zumba, Exercise essentials, (with bands, balls, weights and putty) Tai Chi, Go4Life (walking club) Live with Artistry MOMA (museum of Modern Arts Exploration) Oil Painting Classes, Ceramics Classes and weekly crafting classes Live with melody Sing Fit (Mind, Body, Spirit exploration through music) Music Melody's Live entertainment each week , Piano Theater which is specialized solely for the memory impaired residents Live with Generosity Staying involved in the community by doing Philanthropic acts (I.E. baking for the animal shelter, clothing drive for the poor, intergenerational activities & giving back to our Heroes and Troops) Live with Reflection Sabbath Services weekly, in house catholic Mass and weekly trips to catholic church and protestant church. In house monthly Protestant services, Eucharistic Ministries twice a week and Rosary club

Director of Nursing and Wellness Team, Upon admission to community monthly Wellness visits 6 month comprehensive Assessment Resident change in Condition an assessment is done.

What techniques does Brighton Gardens of Saddle River use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Specialized plate ware, and weighted flat ware Hand over hand method if a resident is in need of dinning assistance also hand held foods available if a resident is active and not wanting to sit for a meal.

How does Brighton Gardens of Saddle River keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Brighton Gardens of Saddle River. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential/ Rural Setting

Is Brighton Gardens of Saddle River affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

we work with Valley Hospital, Hackensack Hospital, Englewood Hospital, Holy Name Hospital, Pascack Valley Hospital

Photos of Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

Services and Amenities of Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Features Extra: Library

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: Variable Staffing Model Is Followed Depending On Resident Acuity.
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed.

• Licenses: New Jersey Department of Health Facility License Number: 05a002

About Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat.

Services & Amenities at Brighton Gardens of Saddle River

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Map of Brighton Gardens of Saddle River